• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another bugged model :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I cant understand why this happens if im just mixing too models :/

I did this model cuz i didnt find a standard rangeunit for demon race.
Examples of "standard range units": Orc race = Troll headhunter / NE = Huntress / Human = Rifleman

full

Attachments

• ChaosBallister.mdx
    91.8 KB · Views: 61
  • ChaosWarlock4.blp
    165.7 KB · Views: 61
Level 29
Saying something is bugged isn't that helpful, describe what you mean by "bugged". Help others help you.

Either way, again you deleted textures and there are material layers still referencing them.

Check the model in the sanity test (or manually in Magos etc.), look where the errors are, and fix them. For instance, the relevant material isn't even used, so it too can be deleted.

Level 21
Drag and drop your model into it like it says, and you'll see how it works :)
Idk why but that page doesnt works for me :), i tried it with Chrome n Explorer

I mean, the page loads correctly but I can't drag models to it

What if u do it for me please, anyways i would like to know why I can't do it, I wouldn't like to ask every1 for a check everytime ive do it

Level 29
I could do it for you, but then you won't learn how to do it yourself, and it's not like I (or anyone else) will always be there to help.
It's good to hear you share the same perspective.

Can you open the browser's console (typically F12), drag & drop the model into the page, and see if it reports any errors in the console?

Last edited:
Level 21
Well tbh this n the draenei one r the unique ones that has this bug, I've made other new models n they r ok (with no bug)

The Sanity doesn't show any kind of message, the problem is when im trying to drag, it just dont do nothing, like if that page isnt supposed to do it, (like trying to drag something to the Google home page 4 example)

What if u check it n tell what i need to fix? (Please) So ill do it by my self :)

Level 29
Again, you have a material with layers that reference textures that you deleted.
It's the last material, but Magos doesn't list things ordered, so you'll have to find it.

If you don't want to figure how to use the sanity test that's fine, but don't expect to always have someone helping you.

Level 29
Sorry to use other people's thread
I use it because I have the same problem.

The sanity check returns me 2 errors on 2 models

1 - (Material 3) Layer 2
Invalid texture animation 1

2 - ParticleEmitter 1 - "UNNAMED"
Invalid path

I found that page : Mdx sanity tester

How can I fix that? I have no experience in modeling.

You can open the model in Magos and fix it. With that being said, if you never used Magos, I won't mind looking at the model if you upload it.

In short, it looks like layer 2 of material 3 had a texture animation that was deleted, but it's still referencing this texture animation that doesn't exist, so it needs to be set to no animation in Magos etc.
The particle emitter test only checks if the path of the particle model ends with .mdl, whether that's correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.