• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another bad expansion? (POLL)

Will WOTLK suck like TBC?

• Yeah, Blizzard should really focus on a storyline.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No!! More killing, more epix lewt!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What do you mean TBC sucks?

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Personally, I think that TBC ruined WoW, it screwed up all of the 40-man raiding guilds that took so much time and effort to make, the new tier loots are poorly done, Blizzard was lazy and made all non-tier raid loot look like the tier sets only recolored and the arena is tier recolored. Tier 4 sets look the same as other tier 4 sets only recolored. Most of the terrain sucks, although Nagrand is kind of cool and Netherstorm bio-dome things are good.
The only good thing TBC brought was the UI mods, with the talk-to-npc icons made easier so you don't run around talking to people looking for directions or repair, and with the quests showing up on the minimap. These were really needed.
Oh, before I forget, TBC also ruined the lore! Oh noes!!! You can now kill Kael, Vashj, Illidan, Magtheridon and potentially Medivh. That should say enough. And doesn't it bother you that the "lost" Khadgar is standing, smiling, with no really juicy story or quest to bring him back, in the middle of Shattrath city? And furthermore no war to retake Shattrath? So much that would make the game better.

Now, to the real point, do you think Wrath of the Lich King will be worse?
You will be able to kill:
Kil'jaeden (well that's 2.4 but still future)
Arthas
Uther's Ghost (rumor, may or may not be)
Anub'arak
Kel'thuzad (again)
Sapphiron (again)
Mograine (again)

Although I think the terrain is looking really nice from what I have seen and tested, and that Blizzard could really make it fun to RP in this, the storyline may or may not be lacking a bit.

Please tell me if I am wrong...

Level 12
Making biased polls like this don't deserve votes at all. Who are you to say TBC sucks and WotLK will suck? Who are you judge that lore is completely ruined? Who are you to say game mechanics are poorly done?

I don't know about you or anyone that posts around here, but seemingly my experience here is that majority of posters are ignorant or misunderstanding concepts. I'm not bashing you for making opinions; I just want to point out that lots of the points are rash. General forums is no different when you find a "Blizz destroyed lore" topic ex "WTF dalaran" or "LOL SPACESHIPZ."

Level 36
Making biased polls like this don't deserve votes at all. Who are you to say TBC sucks and WotLK will suck? Who are you judge that lore is completely ruined? Who are you to say game mechanics are poorly done?

I don't know about you or anyone that posts around here, but seemingly my experience here is that majority of posters are ignorant or misunderstanding concepts. I'm not bashing you for making opinions; I just want to point out that lots of the points are rash. General forums is no different when you find a "Blizz destroyed lore" topic ex "WTF dalaran" or "LOL SPACESHIPZ."

Biased poll? How so? If the text is misleading, one means Yes, one means No and the other means you like TBC.
I personally think WoW was poorly made and could easily have been made better, because instead of adding new expansions Blizzard could have just tweaked the classes and professions and quests and combat and EVERYTHING just a little bit to make it more fun (e.g. click-to-attack like in a FPS or Oblivion)

Level 13
As far as I know killing Arthas, Anub'arak and some others has not been confirmed but we atleast FIGHT Arthas, we'll see what way Blizzard goes.

Also I liked TBC and I don't care if the Arena and raid sets look the same. The only thing I don't like about TBC is the Sci-fi feel of the world, the models and the items.

While click-to-attack sounds like a great idea, it's usually poorly done and turns out as mindless control smashing. Now if it could be done with a good block and attack system where you would have to think what you do and predict your enemy's moves then it would be great, but such system works better for games centered around PvP since MOBs tend to have pretty simple-minded strategies.

Also one last problem with click-to-attack is LAG! Lag is absolutely devastating in a game like that! Let's say you experience connection problems and are fighting, that means the other guy can kill you while you try to get your connection right! There are also others problems to occur.

WoW is waaaayy too much grind for me thought. . .

Last edited:
Level 36
Also one last problem with click-to-attack is LAG! Lag is absolutely devastating in a game like that! Let's say you experience connection problems and are fighting, that means the other guy can kill you whole you try to get your connection right! There are also others problems to occur.

True, although it will never lag for me, 1 million people spam clicking would cause lag for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.