• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

30 man raiding good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
As revealed recently by Blizzard on twitter they are looking into possibly making raids into 30 man events. Even though it is not safe to say wether or not this will actually be implemented it could still mean that if it do and picks up a large amount of popularity we might see the return of 40 man raids. (Atleast as an option.)

What do you think of this is this good, bad or could you simply not care less. Since I personally don't have any friends who play WoW I don't raid since having to set a schedule to play for yourself is plain out boring to do. Although I do like the idea that if I ever pick up raiding again a larger size is going to make a difference since I always prefered 25 man to 10 man in WotLK.

I'm okay with as a flex raid option. It might help with that occasional problem of "if you bring me, you also have to bring these guys". Although, it is more competition on rolls/loot designation. :p But I think it is an interesting concept.

As for 40-man, I feel like it is a little too hectic. They would have to do a lot of things to separate groups during boss fights, otherwise it becomes a clusterf*ck of players. Also, it is annoying to have all those extra slots on your UI (if you're a healer). I also feel like it will distance people from the group--with smaller groups you tend to have more responsibility, which is generally a good thing IMO for raiding and instances (+ it is more interesting).

Level 24
I'm okay with as a flex raid option. It might help with that occasional problem of "if you bring me, you also have to bring these guys". Although, it is more competition on rolls/loot designation. :p But I think it is an interesting concept.

As for 40-man, I feel like it is a little too hectic. They would have to do a lot of things to separate groups during boss fights, otherwise it becomes a clusterf*ck of players. Also, it is annoying to have all those extra slots on your UI (if you're a healer). I also feel like it will distance people from the group--with smaller groups you tend to have more responsibility, which is generally a good thing IMO for raiding and instances (+ it is more interesting).

As you say there are a lot of pros and cons to this and I agree that it could work as an option in flex but I would not want it to be necessary to have 40 players to take down bosses.

Level 23
Ive barely played Wow, but from a purely logistical perspective it does make more sense to have raids in multiples of 10's.
10- 20 -30 man groups.

With 10 and 30 man raids, you can do 10-man content in groups of 3's. Then easily grouping together to do a 30-man raid.

With 10 and 25, you are stuck with 2.5 of a 10-man. Meaning you either run 3 10-man teams and force 5 people to sir out. Or you run 2 10-man groups and sub in 5 people when you want to attempt 25 man.

If they do go ahead with 30 mans, if anything it will be easier for guilds to organise their raid teams.

Level 24
Ive barely played Wow, but from a purely logistical perspective it does make more sense to have raids in multiples of 10's.
10- 20 -30 man groups.

With 10 and 30 man raids, you can do 10-man content in groups of 3's. Then easily grouping together to do a 30-man raid.

With 10 and 25, you are stuck with 2.5 of a 10-man. Meaning you either run 3 10-man teams and force 5 people to sir out. Or you run 2 10-man groups and sub in 5 people when you want to attempt 25 man.

If they do go ahead with 30 mans, if anything it will be easier for guilds to organise their raid teams.

This will hardly make any difference since the only difficulty that isn't flexible is Mythical so we'll probably see a lot of 20 man guilds instead, which means that many hardcore guilds will probably be kicking 20% of their members.

Status
Not open for further replies.