• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This is always a hard one to find but is there any one who can help me animate some models or even better help me learn how to animate.
This attached picture of model i made (very rought version) shows the kind of animation level i will need.

Attachments

• supcomfirst.jpg
    supcomfirst.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 90
I can give u a rough scetch, on how to animate it, along with help, but im not to sure i can help with the actual animations, have you rigged it yet (added bones, and attached them to groups) next step, would be the animation of the bones, prolly through warshape (google for it, if u dont have)
war3modeleditor, can be used for some animations, (other than rotations)
although rotations are the most used animation, btw you might wana fined some pre-made animations, that seem to fit your model and then add them to urself. PM me at any part you get lost, and ill try n help you through it.....

(im not sure, how much of this u can do, prolly all outside of magos and vertex mod, but i duno how, i know u can add anims and other stuff in warshape, so experiment with it, and do some tuts first)
(your model should be saved as a .mdl)
TO ADD A BONE(NODE):
open model in war3modeleditor, go to windows/nodemanager, and click add.
Note, this is alot less free range and harder in this program to move.. since you can only change its xyz cordinates rather than clicknmove with ur mouse
tier your bones together in sort of a hinge manner, makeing the chest the main bone (other than origin ofcourse) then haveing the other bones branch off in their respective order (main/upperleg/lowerleg/ect)

after that use vertexmodifyer, to asign vertexgroups, to the verticies that are suposed to attach to each bone then back to magos, click groups on each node, and attach them correctly

Now the skeleton is Rigged:
we set up animation frames, IN war3modeleditor(magos), go to windows,animationmanager, creat an animation labeled BIRTH, now depending on how long u want the birth to be, set its frames up (prolly round 2k frames)
then check non-looping, repeat for any other animations you want, makeing sure not to overlap the frames (if birth ends at 2000, start next anim at 2001)

next we head over to warshape, check out the tutorials page and work from there

Level 10
cheers for that Bloody turds +rep its help full and i'm starting to get the hang of it but it's gonna take a while to get to the full animation level.

==============================================================================
if any one wants to help me make the rest of the models for this conversion there welcom to help . . xD
I've made the mass extractor adn am working on the land factory.
==============================================================================

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.