• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transfer Animations (Model is completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hey,

I just completed my first ever unit model, but because I can't (I've tried) transfer animations to a model or animate a model I need a bit of help.

The model is completed it only needs the animations from the footman for me to upload it. If you transfer the animations to the model I will credit you when it is uploaded.

The model is attached, if you need any of the wip versions of the model I have them all saved in MS3D format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
try this
  1. export the footman.mdx
  2. convert it to .mdl, dont' forget to convert your model to .mdl too
  3. now open up the Geoset merger, Geomerge your model, and the footman together
  4. now open the merged footman + your model in .mdlvis
  5. attach each vertices of your to respective bones of footman
    Note: DONT EVER NEVER ATTACH THE VERTICES OF THE FOOTMAN TO THE BONES, OR IT WILL SCREW UP THE MODEL
  6. then you're done

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I managed to do everything up to step 5, when I got there I couldn't figure out how to do the attaching.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Just realized I was using the wrong program... (wc3 model editor)
Just downloaded MDLVIS and did what you said, but I only see one bone.

Edit: ...I'm an idiot today, I used the wrong tools for the whole thing, editing this when I finish all the steps with proper tools.

Edit2: O.O This is way to confusing for me to do, I did everything properly and got to the part where I should attach bones and vertices and all this stuff... just way to confusing...
I've attached a picture of the confusing mess of stuff and the new completed model.

Attachments

• wow.png
    wow.png
    256.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Skeleton Warrior2.mdx
    159 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.