• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation. . .the new craze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So I went to the movies today and saw the new Pixar film: Cars. I must say I liked it and I laughed quite a few times while watching it.

But that's not the reason why I posted this. The reason I posted this was that ALL the previews were for upcoming animated films. . .and I was watching an animated film. . .

I think that is the first time where I've gone to a theater and only seen CG. (Besides from the workers/ticket booth operators etc. . .) I myself am a sucker for animated movies but I still find that a little scary.

Level 24
The reason that they would only be showing only animated films is that almost every animated film is designed for 2 year olds :p. And because of that they are going to show previews for those movies is that the majority of people watching the movie would be kids.

Simple Advertising rules :)

Level 10
Very true. It's just that every new week it seems there are more and more animated films coming out. I mean they didn't show previews for at least 4 other animated films that I know are coming out! o_O (And besides, this is the first time that that had ever happened to me)

*Animated movies are not for kids only. That's why I like Pixar, they drop in jokes that older people can understand and laugh at.

Level 24
But I for one have not seen any previews of animated movies these holidays. The only two movies I have seen so far are Click and Superman Returns, and the only preview I saw in those movies were pretty much Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Click, Superman Returns, My Super X Girlfriend and The Lady in the Water. And as for the Animated Movies and Kids yea they may also be good for adults and teenagers but there mostly aimed at kids.

Level 12
You guys need to remember that I grew up with Speed Racer (reruns, I am not that old) and the original (and best) Transformers. Cartoons and Anime have been around for a long time, but it is getting more popular because for people my age it is nostalgia while the younger people like the pretty colours.

Hell, who am I kidding, I like the pretty colours and flashing lights too.

Also there is the fact that actors can easily be changed if they become unruly, you have a lot of creative leeway in the whole movie for artistic interpetation, and you can show one character age or even unage, and you allow the director almost total control of every concept down to the smallest detail.

Level 24
Well I still find the real movies to be better then the animated ones :). Anyway I don't know why the hell they would be advertising something coming out in 2008 that everyone will just forget about anyway. And has anyone noticed theres starting to be more and more adds and previews in the cinemas? You could walk in 20 minutes late and you would still have to watch almost half an hour of adds and preview :(

Level 12
It has always been like that, I have seen three or four previews before the start for as long as I can remember.

Less than one year for Transformers!

Status
Not open for further replies.