• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Animation names...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant by that like...can you choose a spell X animation to be the attack one also, adding the attack tag to it?
I know I can set the "attack" as animation name, but not all units that have this ability will be the same.

I have another question:
Is any animation name allowed to be executed by triggers in a cinematic? Or just the default ones?

1º you mean a hybird between attack and spell? just call it "Attack Spell" and that's it.

2º well instead of names you could play animations by index, there's a function that does that, just count from 0 to the anim you want to play, from the mdl and order wc3 to play that animation on through the function I mentioned.

Yeah, I knew about attack spell. But if I do so, this spell will be generic among all the spells.
What if I have:
- Spell One
- Spell Two
- Spell Three
And I want the second one to be the attack also.
- Spell One
- Attack Spell Two (?)
- Spell Three
(I know I can set the spell's animation name to attack, but that wouldn't work for all the units using this ability)

About the cinematic, thanks, I'll try it.

Level 11
In the object editor you can edit the walk and run speed speed for animations. If the unit moves at a speed below run speed it will use walk, if above walk fast.

To the question about mutiple tags, in a prior version of my rpg I changed the animations in dependence of the quipeed weapon. The standards anims like "Attack"and "Stand,Ready" were used when fighting unarmed. If using a twohanded weapon, i simple added the "alternate" tag. My model got the "Attack,Alternate" and the "Stand,Ready,Alternate" anims. I used "Attack,Lumber", "Attack,Gold" and "Attack,Lumber,Gold" and by using one and two you can ceate even more combinations that work. For my current version, I will use the functions for setting units animations index.

Level 11
Wc3 will try to play the most fitting animation. That means if you have a set with "Stand,Lumber" and then add the Lumber tag it will play only the "Stand, Lumber" but not the "Stand". If you have "Stand Gold Lumber" but no "Stand Lumber" and then add the Lumber tag, it will play the "Stand, Gold, Lumber". Because that will be the animation that comes closest to "Stand, Lumber".

Level 11
The order of the tags is not important: "Stand,Lumber,Gold" is the same as "Stand,Gold,Lumber". But you have to remove a animationtag before adding the next one. Otherwise if you add "Lumber" and than want to have "Stand,Gold" being played you have to remove "Lumber" first and than add "Gold" or the model will play its "Stand,Lumber,Gold"(if it has a set like that). Adding the same tage mutiple times has no effect I think, so you can't have something like "Stand,Lumber,Lumber".

The order of the tags is not important: "Stand,Lumber,Gold" is the same as "Stand,Gold,Lumber". But you have to remove a animationtag before adding the next one. Otherwise if you add "Lumber" and than want to have "Stand,Gold" being played you have to remove "Lumber" first and than add "Gold" or the model will play its "Stand,Lumber,Gold"(if it has a set like that). Adding the same tage mutiple times has no effect I think, so you can't have something like "Stand,Lumber,Lumber".
What you say makes a lot of sense and I have already understood it. Theoretically it seems to be plain and simple.
But have you tried this in-game? I'll make a simple model with all of these. Even the most simple tags don't work. :bored:

Level 11
Yes, I tested it ingame and it worked perfectly for me. You can check it out in the FittingAnimationSystem video I made. Can be found in the video thread in the Darkwind RPG forum.

Yeah, the model I was using had problems. Now I tested with the 40-animations Villager, and rename some sets of animation to something like:
- Stand Gold Lumber Defend Flesh
- Stand Channel Bone Alternate Work

And all of them seem to perform isolated from the rest. Even with a similar set along, works just fine. =P

Considering that we have 8 different animation terms to combine and we can combine them in groups of any size, it means that:
(p = possibility)

0 terms - 1 p
1 term - 8 p
2 terms - 28 p
3 terms - 56 p
4 terms - 70 p
5 terms - 56 p
6 terms - 28 p
7 terms - 8 p
8 terms - 1 p

being that terms: {Flesh, Bone, Gold, Lumber, Alternate, Work, Defend, Channel}
Summing it all up, we have 256 different sets of animations. :mwahaha: