• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation looks good in Max, jerky in War3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm working on a custom model, but I am running into some problems. The animation looks smooth in 3ds max, but in war3 it is jerky, and skips some frames. For example, in the attack animation most of the objects move fine, but the head and right foot hop around madly. Anyone know how to correct this problem?

Level 1
I am using 3dsmax 9, DeX 0.185m exporter script

I've spent a lot of time on this guy and any help would be greatly appreciated!

the main problem is the attack animation, the head bobs up and down randomly

if you import it into max and put a skin modifier on the head and attach the bone_head, then put a skin modifier on the torso and attach bone_torso, then apply the attack animation, youll see that the head does not bob up and down madly like it does in war3, so wtf did i do wrong??? :(

Attachments

• drg.mdl
    416.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Level 1
i am confused exactly how i am supposed to tweak it? because as i said it looks fine in max

i think i may have identified the problem, the objects that are whack in war3 have the most key frames, i am wondering if war3 is only meant to handle a limited number of key frames?'

also, if i rescale the time to cover a longer interval and make it slower, like from 210-255 to 210-345, it smooths out in war3, but then its also very slow. I could then set the units animation speed faster, but that doesnt affect the unit's attack animation at all, so i still have a problem

is there a way with jass or something to set the units attack speed animation?

Last edited:
to tweak is to simply select the tangent and move it forth and back to it's normal position, that should reset it to value readable for the exporter.

about the animation resizing, the only way you could do it is to resize the animation in max. Remenber that the attack anim must last less than a single second. (25 frames in 30fps should do fine).

Level 1
i fixed the problem finally... i feel so stupid

apparently i had some keys on the objects that werent bones, i guess somewhere along the line i accidentally moved them around when animating, and when i got rid of those, it worked

anyway, i want to thank you blinkboy for all your help, i did learn a lot about the curve editor when you suggested to look into that :D definetly +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.