• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Animation Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Okay, i am using the Villager with 185Animations, and i went through them, listing them down for about an hour, so i could use animation Indexing and make a really cool fight scene to test it with, and it doesn't work.

The trigger it's self works fine, because i applied cameras and stuff, and it did them, but the villagers don't do the animations.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(gg_unit_H004_0002, 55)
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(gg_unit_H004_0001, 55)
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(gg_unit_H004_0005, 55)
Could someone help me out here? They are supposed to all do roundhouse kicks, but they don't do anything.

The Map also saves fine, so the trigger and the scripts aren't wrong.

Level 10
GUI variables in JASS/Custom Script are just called udg_ and then the variable name, eg. ThisPeasant would be udg_ThisPeasant. (udg = User Defined Global)

I suspect the problem is happening because you don't reference those pre-placed units anywhere else in GUI, just in custom script. Strangely, the editor only makes those variables for pre-placed units if they're used somewhere in a GUI trigger element, so in effect, you're trying to apply animations to units that have never been defined as far as WC3 is concerned.

Or, if that's not the case, then I dunno. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.