• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AnimatedFlowerEv017

This is my 13th Model iv ever uploaded. I'v been gone for over 5 months due to personal reasons that kept me busy. I had no time to work on any thing, so when I came back I decided I would dump all my mostly complete models here after completing them. so without further a due, I bring you, after 5 months of inactivity ''AnimatedFlowerE.v015''
Based on AnimatedFlowerB, You may notice some similarity's, so allow me to explain everything different about this flower AnimatedFlowerE vrs AnimatedFlowerB so you do not call it a copy and paste and that it is not different enough or I didn't do enough work on it.

I took AnimatedFlowerB and built it to be a kind of ''Rejuvenation'' flower, each flower has a color theme designed to work for warcraft 3, the blue flower is mana, the yellow is holy heal, the white flower is like a dispel or something, and the pink flower was rejuvenation. I always liked my pink flower, but back when I noticed the texture known as ''StranglethornDetails_256'' has a purple flower as well as several pink flowers, at the time I could never get a good UV wrap to work, so, being lazy, I made my originally meant to be purple flower pink instead. Recently I managed to get a purple UV wrap to finally work, it took a long time how ever. if Animated Flower B's theme is rejuvenation, this flowers theme is Better or Greater Rejuvenation. I changed material layers, bill boarded plane shapes, uv wraps, particle emitter colors, and then had to re animate some bones. so do not call it a copy and paste, please, you will hurt my feelings, or a recolor, it has a lot more then just a recolor done.

Animations included make it eligible for being labeled a ward, they include:

Birth. --goes from being very small to full size over 10 seconds
Stand Portrait. --wobbles back and fourth and acts as a portrait
Stand Work. --basically ''stand portrait'' with some particles and some glows
Death. --explodes with many blades of grass and purple flower petals
Death Spell. --explodes with many blades of grass, flower petals, and initiates a large amount of lights before dissipating.

use 1.438 (or 1.44 if you do not have NewGen) death time seconds so the particles do not bug out in death/death spell.

this flower works well in the sizes between 0.8 and 1.9 any larger or smaller and the bill board glows leak in front the flowers from behind no idea why. and the particles do not fit very well.

give Credits to me and what not.

UPDATE 1 -- one particle emitter has lost about 25% of its original strength I had given it not sure why I think I deleted some key frame when re animating the pulsating glow bones--either case that's all that was broken. and fixed the screen shot spelling mistake

Keywords:
Ward, Plant, Destructible Plant, Flower, Pretty, Purplely Wurpely, Delicious, Seckshoeyoual Tyrannasaur
Contents

AnimatedFlowerEv017 (Model)

Reviews
Misha 7th Jun 2013 Moderator's Review: this looks great, mate :) but.. are you sure custom textures are really needed? looks lovely ingame, approved

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
7th Jun 2013
Moderator's Review: this looks great, mate :) but.. are you sure custom textures are really needed?

looks lovely ingame, approved

Forgot to mention, The model size is 33 kbs inside the editor, and the textures are both 15 for FlowerPetalSexV09.BLP and 11 for GrassParticlesV015.blp so the 60.99 Kbs file size is not accurate as these 2 textures are used with all my other flower models so if you are using these flowers as well then this models real file size is just 33 kbs.

EDIT: if some great and all powerful Icon maker, please make an icon for all my flowers based on the ''Undead Lich'' Ultimate spell ''Death and Decay'' rose icon and just recolor it for each flower for me I swear to god id like become their greatest icon creator fan. iv tried it was hideous i cannot skin.

EDIT2: I guess we could use the wc3sear ones, they just don't look so matching I suppose.

''this looks great, mate :) but.. are you sure custom textures are really needed?''

EDIT3: I just like the realism of the blades of grass and petals of the flowers exploding with such vibrant color, they may not be required for the model to exist, true, but these textures are used by all my other plant models. meaning they have a universal link and thus less imports of textures required. these allow it to act as a ''destructible'' as well as a ward. are they really that bad?

EDIT4: if there is something else I must change for error related reasons, then I can update it, but the removing of these tiny custom textures basically nullifies the purpose of this model and why I even created it. =*(

Edit5: ok I under stand now, it said rejected and I didn't under stand now it just says pending so I was confused. =D

EDIT6: that awkward moment when you are so tired, the screen shot says ''brith'', instead of ''birth'', even though you had to wright it by hand in paint... >.<

EDIT7: the grass emitter known as ''blades of grass 2'' was somehow weaker in emission rate by 25% so I fixed that and spelled the word birth properly in the screen shot.

Last edited:
Level 8
I almost forget about environment. :>
It's so cool, but I want an orange flower, if you... can :]
+rep

why thank you Mgeterno11, orcnet, and Felipe Gormadoc, glad you guys like it.

Edit: to Huy60vn, no Orange flower texture exists that I have stumbled across, If I find one, il probably make an orange one, though for now I think im done with flowers, working on my next set of plants, ''Animated Weeds''

these weeds use other textures of plants in the mpq but perform different tasks to the flowers. these weeds are much more complicated how ever, and I am delayed in creating them. an orange flower may or may not happen we will have to see. no promises. but it may happen.