1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

AnimatedFlowerAv.343

Submitted by kellym0
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is my Second Upload ever, As Well as My second model finished ever.

I present to you all: Animated Flower A

this flower is based off of Sunken Ruins Environment Flower Variation 2

It uses Similar Particle effect Styles and animations, to the Cattail, But is more Complex then my other previous Cattail, using many more particle emitters. This flower is also classified as a ''Ward''.

Its animations include:

Birth
Stand Portrait - 1
Stand Work
Death
Death - Spell

Collisions spheres tested all animations in game they appear to work for me and what not.

Description: use the scale of any thing you want it dos not appear buggy made too big or small or anything. the particle emitters don't fit the flowers size anything past 1.9 though.

make sure you rig the death time seconds to 1.438 so that particle emitters are capable of slowly disappearing--instead of abruptly ending.

I Built this flower the way I did, so that if you want a magical ward, then you can use stand work or spell death, if you just want a normal flower how ever, then stand portrait - 1 and death are for you.

I know 2 custom particle textures is really bad but each texture is 2 kbs and the flower its self is 30 some thing--additionally, one texture is used to display blades of grass catastrophically blasting everywhere, while the other provides the ''flower petals'' that glide too and fro.

---UPDATE 1---: I noticed after about 5 days or some thing like that, that the flowers material wasn't shaded, so I changed that so the flowers at night are darker.

---UPDATE 2---: Seems that my last update didnt work, so once again, iv modified the materials to have better ingame daytime/night time shading

---UPDATE 3---: Thanks to Wraithling, for reminding me about the existence of attachment points, I have begun the large job of adding 8 attachment points to each model, iv added: origin, chest, head, overhead, hand left, hand right, foot left, and foot right attachment points. these are located around and in the model. hands and feet representing a large square of attachment points around it, front and back, left and right sides. origin chest head and overhead are just in the dead middle, ranging upwards in heights

---UPDATE 4--- ok I now have managed to change the models internal name. to help people in organisation.

--update 4-- linearized animations to make the model 1.5 kbs smaller. thought it would do more but I guess not.

--update 5-- made the 2 plane boarded vertexed materials that dont need to be double sided, not. making it even more small.

--update 6-- removed un necessary bone.

--update 7-- made all the objects that where ''helpers'' into bones

--update 8-- I had broke something so I just fixed it now.

---update 9--- When I linearized the animations using mdlvis editor, the particle emitters lost half there strength somehow, so I just fixed that too

--update 10-- in making the materials 1 sided I accidently made the stems invisible because they are not really 3d so I had to make that material layer 2 sided again.

Keywords:
Animated Flower, Destructible Flower, Flower Ward, Flower, Plant, StrawberryFields4Ever
Contents

AnimatedFlowerAv.343 (Model)

Reviews
15:19, 25th Sep 2012 HappyTauren: It looks very nice and the death animation makes it much more awesome, so those two textures are worth it.
  1. 15:19, 25th Sep 2012
    HappyTauren: It looks very nice and the death animation makes it much more awesome, so those two textures are worth it.

2. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Shit, this IS realy cool. Good job, make more of these)

3. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    thank you RetroSexual, Im planning on adding more colors if this gets approved.

4. Deros

Deros

Resources:
    Resources:
    Useful.

5. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    thank you deros!

6. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A lot more detailed than blizzard's flowers, it has animations and an incredibly low file size, it could and would be useful to many people for who knows how many reasons. 5/5 +rep :)

7. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    thank you DSgamer! im glad you like it!

8. JollyD

JollyD

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    great

9. Rasengan.Naruto

Rasengan.Naruto

Resources:
    Resources:
    its makes the terrain much more beautiful ^^ thx anyway

10. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great to see you're making more! Let's hope you applied the animation style of your cattail to this as well. I just got a lap top, and I haven't set things up for viewing models yet. I'll do that tomorrow, open your model, and tell you what I think then.

11. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks JollyD!
    thank you too Rasengan.Naruto

and thank you for devoting so much time to reviewing my stuff TLI-Inferno!

being this version was uploaded and accepted so much faster then my cattail, im going to work on the next stage of the flower instead of the cattail.

Any body think any particular color should be next? I only have Ingame Textures for Purple Orange pink and Yellow, Red has to be different.

EDIT: ok the materials weren't set properly so I noticed during the day the grass was bright and the flowers were bright but during the night the grass was dark and the flowers wer bright, this didnt look right to me, so i altered it. v331 is the last version.

EDIT: ok iv basically finished the pink variation. going to upload it and see how this gos

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  12. Situ

Situ

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    very very useful

13. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok iv added 4 more attachment points now from its original 4, no more triggering points and heights for art effects now!

and thank you situ

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  14. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    rename the download file please... it has the same name as your other resource...

15. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I actually cant--I dont know how!

thats only the folder its self, everything inside is different. to get around that just take everything out of the fodler and delete the folder to get new ones or just say add too idk

it Chooses the models internal name, and being I turned this model into 2 others yet even now I still am not sure how to make that name ''blume2'' to change into ''AnimatedflowerCV what ever'' so if you know how mind telling me?

EDIT: OH its MODEL PROPERTYS . ok im currently changing all the models names thank you adiktuz

EDIT: ok Iv began Linearizing all the flowers animations to the loss of no quality and even if its 1.5 kbs its still a tiny amount difference.

edit - made a bunch of stuff different I see nothing left to fix this is my last version hopefully I did a few things including edit helpers into bones.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  16. jonbon29

jonbon29

Resources:
    Resources:
    This one is cool too I luv it are you planning in making a pack of your plants?

17. meatfactory

meatfactory

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Very good looking and useful!