• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Animate Dead / Mind Rot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, what do i miss here?
I want every unit that get's revived by animate dead to get the following buffs.

• Necropedia Dark Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) has buff Animate Dead (Necromancer DARK)) Equal to True
      • (Current research level of Necropedia (Necromancer Talent) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Feral Spirits Critical Strike (Akama) to (Entering unit)
      • Unit - Add AD 80 Plasma Rifle to (Entering unit)
      • Unit - Add ARMOR 10 to (Entering unit)
      • Unit - Add HP 1000 to (Entering unit)
      • Unit - Add HPR 20 to (Entering unit)
And also for some reason, dummy in this trigger casts the spell only on one unit, the spell has 0 mana cost, 0 cd, 9999 range cast,0 tech requirements..

• Grim Seal Chaos Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mind Rot (Necromancer CHAOS)
      • (Current research level of Grim Seal (Necromancer Talent) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set GSC_Position = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Empty for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at GSC_Position facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit - Add |r Grim Seal (Necromancer-Talent) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of GSC_Position) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
              • (Mana of (Picked unit)) Greater than 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Mana Burn (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_GSC_Position)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
For Necropedia Dark Cast, the unit may not have the buff yet when it enters the map. Can you check for ability level instead?

For Grim Seal Chaos Cast, don't use (Last created unit). Store the Dummy in a variable and reference that instead. Also, make sure your Dummy unit is based on the Locust unit with Movement Type: None, Speed Base: 0, Attacks Enabled: None.

Level 9
For necropedia dark cast, i can't use check ability level, because the creeps that enter the map when revived with animate dead, doesn't have the spell, only the caster.

The dummy i have always has locust movement type none, speed base 0, attacks enabled none, i use it whenever i need an empty dummy for mostly of my triggers.
But even if i store the dummy, still casts only on one unit..hmm..

Later edit:
What i did wrong, was that i've put dummy before the loop, instead of being in loop.
Below fixed
  • Grim Seal Chaos Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mind Rot (Necromancer CHAOS)
      • (Current research level of Grim Seal (Necromancer Talent) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set GSC_Position = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of GSC_Position) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
              • (Mana of (Picked unit)) Greater than 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Empty for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at GSC_Position facing 0.00 degrees
              • Unit - Add |r Grim Seal (Necromancer-Talent) to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Mana Burn (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_GSC_Position)
Now the animate dead units gain the stats

• Necropedia Dark Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Summoned unit) has buff Animate Dead (Necromancer DARK)) Equal to True
      • (Current research level of Necropedia (Necromancer Talent) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Feral Spirits Critical Strike (Akama) to (Summoned unit)
      • Unit - Add AD 80 Plasma Rifle to (Summoned unit)
      • Unit - Add ARMOR 10 to (Summoned unit)
      • Unit - Add HP 1000 to (Summoned unit)
      • Unit - Add HPR 20 to (Summoned unit)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.