• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] AniMa War Ex Dev Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
a21ffcaad4.png

Welcome to Ani(me)Ma(nga) War Ex(Cel), a bit different from your typical AOS map with extra objectives and different from your typical anime map (Aka, not spellspamming 2bright4youreyes stuff), this is the BETA version which is at most base features complete and fully fleshed out characters etc, the aim as in any AOS map is to destroy the enemies power crystal, however there is an optional point system that adds more objectives to the game as if you so choose.

Main Features -
  • Fully custom triggered heroes each with unique spells
  • Beautiful (Subjectively) anime inspired castle terrain
  • Shrine system
  • Fast pace focused gameplay, suitable for short matches
  • Custom (Not all C+P) Items, more being added each version
  • Simple AI by Valkemiere
  • Custom announcer (Gilgamesh, Fate/Unlimited Codes)
  • Fully custom soundsets for every hero, all unit ability sounds are 3D

Shrines
Fk952jc.png

Shrines are a capturable point on the map, 4 of them exist in the northwest, southwest, northeast and southeast forest.
At every 1 minute interval, if there is no shrine active on the map one will activate randomly, becoming capturable; To capture a shrine stand in the circle at the targeted point until the number reaches 100 for your team, more heroes mean shrines will capture quicker, however enemies can stand on it at the same time to prevent the number from going up.
Once a shrine is captured a shrine sentinel is spawned for the team which will act as a vision giving unit and will attack nearby enemies, for the time that the shrine is alive you will generate Dragon Vein Power, which is signified by a number above your teams power crystal; once the DVP reaches 100 your team will spawn a wave of strong siege creeps down the lane.
The enemy can destroy the shrine sentinel after it has spawned, giving them 10 DVP, so defend your sentinels to get the most out of them.

Terrain Screenshots:
miiogXg.png
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Development Previews:

Further Development Pages:
ShiroN3K0
AMWEx FB Group

Bug reports go to me here, either of the pages above or my email @ [email protected]

Download is here - AniMa War Ex V0.2 BETA [1.29+ Only]

Last edited:
Level 8
kay so, going to pry myself away from BDO, now.

Been doing a lot of thinking for this map, what will make it fun to be more precise; i've been aiming to make it similar to dota however i've decided to take inspiration from other mobas which prime themselves in Easier gameplay over complexity, anyway; Some changes i've decided are instead of the wards being consumables, they'll be rechargeable items with 3 charges and 100 Second duration, like in LoL but still have more impact, there's also the problem that Heros atm don't seem very balanced, and shall be working out my own scaling system tho that will happen after initial release.

Anyway, first things first i need to finish off Kenshin with 1 skill remaining, then i need to work on making the extra systems to spice up gameplay; along with that i have decided to have all heros with a small turn rate of 0.1 rather than varying rates, this simply makes it easier to dodge attacks and feels more fluid in the wc3 system, anyway this is what i have in my head for now along with map layout changes, after all that and only after that will new heros come; i'm open to suggestions and such, also looking for willing members to take on system triggering and such.

Level 8
So i'm having some trouble with the lane creeps, i've got regions set that designate where they move etc and i tell them to attack move, that works great, when they reach midway however they sometimes decide to turn back and end up at base not doing anything, that or they advance attack the tower a bit then walk past it??

I'm a nub when it comes to wc3 ai since most things i've worked on i haven't really had this type of ai Q_Q

Solved the lane creeps, now working as intended and moving where they're meant to; anyway the Dragon veins as mention in the main post i've thought about them, and i realised that extra regen is kind of lame, not very interesting, so i'm thinking of making it so teams can have access to abilities that can affect the game based on Dragon Points earned through vein capture, some skills include, +10% gold based on networth, -10% enemy gold based on networth, 3 minute speed buffs, damage buffs, boss damage increase, etc, stuff like this that has shared cd and the stronger the ability the more points required

Okay so updated the first post with some small updates, the river is actually centered on the map now (Was bugging the hell out of me), Kenshin's skillset has been revamped, lane creeps should work properly now and some other small adjustments

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Just starting up work again on this map, once again way too pre-occupied with everything else.
Just finished working on a Hero damage 'detection' system that essentially hardcodes all the hero stats and item damage bonuses/buffs to figure out their damage instead of relying on damage taken events etc, almost working as wanted but i can't remember how to make it detect multiple of the same items, anyone help?

Level 8
This looks awesome, can't wait to play the finished version

repped

Thanks ^^

Uwah, I hope it will support AI. And gosh, there's issei here. Looking forward to this amazing shit!

Also, a question for the heroes. Are you gonna put any anime character there regardless what anime/manga they come from?

For AI i've never personally done any advanced stuff myself other than bosses, though for future versions i do want to look in to it once it's fleshed out.

And yeah there's no restrictions on what characters can be implemented, though i personally want to include characters that can be made in to a unique playstyle etc, so i probably won't be including multiple characters if they have the same power designs (Etc literally every DBZ character)

Level 8
20626486_10210302186690314_4139456139747738482_o.jpg

Whilst it pains me to do this it's all for the greater good #feelsbadman

Idea for the terrain has been changed after seeing how it played out with testing, basically there wasn't much play room and i felt it was too tight especially on the top and bottom lanes, so along with expanding the top and bottom lanes i'm going to do away with the 'mounts around centre area' and i'm changing it to somewhat of a castle ruins that connects to the centre lane.

Along with that instead of having Jungle creeps there'll be Mini-bosses that spawn at the 2 minute mark and 2 minutes again after death, they'll grant a temporary buff for 5 minutes until death when killed along with gold bounty and a Hero Seal (Name for the boss points i will be introducing), with the main boss still spawning in the center and granting 5 Hero Points, will post more information as development continues, for now i need to map out where i want everything.

Sorry for the delays but i don't want to release something that i don't like myself.

Level 8
So, i've decided the main bosses will be delayed for the first release because i want to work out a better way to implement them, anyway currently i'm working on a revamp on Tamamo because the first version of her was rather lackluster, also i've updated development status on the first post

Level 8
I've updated the first post with a more recent terrain preview, along with some of the more recent update videos; status at the moment is that the map is in testing and bug fixing, also some heros are getting revamped before alpha release (I've also removed the first alpha from the first post because it's a buggy misrepresentation of what the game is now), will post more updates as i work on it in the upcoming week

Level 8
I'm proud to announce the release of the first (proper) alpha release of this map!

Many of the features and items are fully implemented along with 11 complete heroes as of this release.

It may still be a little unstable but please go ahead and report any bugs to me on the facebook page, here or even join the new discord i set up solely for discussing this map Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers !

Also it's a surprise to me as well but thanks to Valkemiere this map now has AI so you can test it in single player to get a good taste!

The map is attached to this post as well as the first post, please enjoy!

Attachments

• AMWExAlpha01.w3x
    18.9 MB · Views: 149
Level 8
Bumping this up, I've just started back development on this map and made a few initial tweaks, jungle creeps are now a thing and i've adjusted Kiyohime's skills she now has 2 new ones whislt losing one, i'm going to want to test the map to get an idea of where it needs to go within the next few days if anyone is available

Level 8
Here's the first update in a while, i've been busy at work revamping gameplay aspects, hero skills etc everywhere, here's a preview of two heroes that received complete revamps with better looking spells with better functionality (AKA i wasn't lazy when making them)

After a couple more spell adjustments and an addition spell for one of the heroes it'll go to testing, then hopefully i can get a beta released by the end of the week

Level 9
I must say i'm really impressive about the map. Not just the quality of the heroes, but the fact THAT THEY HAVE VOICE ACTING TOO? That is some high quality top notch too.

Level 15
I guess this is the first time (or second time) i see an anime map thats not lazy by using the same bad voice all the time. Even you replace unit's sound o.o that great
But, better if you get a bit more matching effect sound too, especially with that fire spell.
(actually i wont stand any minutes playing with those voices lol xd
hmm... i cant remember, Is there any setting to disable unit response?)

Level 8
I guess this is the first time (or second time) i see an anime map thats not lazy by using the same bad voice all the time. Even you replace unit's sound o.o that great
But, better if you get a bit more matching effect sound too, especially with that fire spell.
(actually i wont stand any minutes playing with those voices lol xd
hmm... i cant remember, Is there any setting to disable unit response?)
Yeah you can lol i just added them because i personally hate using default wc3 voices on heroes or leaving them voiceless
Also yeah i need to edit the fire effect to remove that sound as it's a bit annoying

Level 8
Just realised i was posting updates on the wrong thread :hohum:

Anyway here's a look at the changelog coming to 0.2 so far

Code:
-Fixed Okita's Ult not stunning correctly
-Fixed Okita being able to counter herself
-Reduced effects on Kiyohime's ultimate, made the damage and stun tick to 0.1 seconds up from 0.03 for less unit lag
-Fixed Hex Pig collision
-Fixed Kuro, Akeno and Megumins skill target acuisition
-Megumin W Damage reduced from 20/40/60/80 to 3/6/9/12
-Fixed revive timer display in leaderboard for player 7
-Fixed the cooldowns of the Miko line of items
-Power Crystal HP Down to 5000 from 10000, armor down to 10 from 20
-Tier 1 Tower hp down to 1500 from 2500, defense down to 3 from 15
-Tier 2 hp down to 2000 from 3500, defense down to 5 from 20
-Tier 3 hp down to 3000 from 5000, defense down to 10 from 30
-Added creep scaling, 1 Base damage per minute, 5 HP per minute, 1 Armor every 10 minutes
-Megumin D's mana scaling reduced to 1x from 2x
-Megumin ultimate damage changed to pure
-Tamamo's Q Revamped once more, now a wave spell that applies burn over 5 seconds
-Tamamo's W now spawns 16 blocks at all levels, gains perma immolation at hero level 20
-Fixed the ai of lane creeps, should no longer randomly stop moving (HOPEFULLY, testing so far shown this as true)
-AGI heroes now have 300 HP Base, INT Heroes 325, STR Heroes 400, all up from 200
-XP is no longer global, exp gain increased across board
-Siege now does 200% to buildings up from 150%

Additions -
Capture the Flag mode - Fight against the enemy team in a race to capture as many falgs as you can, thwart the enemies by dropping the bridges on them and blocking them in with a forcefield or gain the team advantage and take out the enemies power crystal giving you access to jump boosters to propell you across the map.
-Added Pest [Black Percher] to the hero pool.
-You can now deny units lower than 10% hp

There's a lot of bug fixes coming along with gameplay balances however there is also a new mode coming which is Capture the Flag which is self explanatory however there are environment interactions for everyone to perform to change up the gameplay;

Force Fields - Each team has a force field around their castle which is activatable by a step button in front of their base, once activated it will put up walls that prevent anyone going in or out of the castle for 10 seconds

Destructible bridges - Each bridge has a switch that can be activated that will make it fall, killing any unit on it, it will respawn in 10 seconds

Power crystals and Launch pads - Each team has a power crystal in at each end of the mid bridge, if you destroy the enemies power crystal you will activate boosters for your team which will propel you to the other side of the map, however it is one way only

That's it for now, all above is already implemented and is in testing

Level 8
43565431_10213488648389865_3301492672685932544_o.jpg

"So basically, this is an expansion on the shrine system i already have in place, firstly there's four circles of power in the centre which will display when a certain shrine is active, so you can check immediately without having to go to each shrine or waiting for a ping; along with that when a shrine is activated it will activate the circle of power in the middle, once they have all been activated a boss will spawn which will grant a buff the surviving members of the killing team along with a gold and point bonus."

As above, c+p from the facebook group, i've been a bit lax with development last month but i start up again, did some tests, fixed some bugs, re-balanced stuff and the above is a system i'm working on to improve the shrine system since as it stands, the average player doesn't pay attention enough to know its existence so i'm making it move visible and making it more important and rewarding.

Level 8
I'm not a fan of anime maps, but this looks cool, and i tested a bit some characters that i know.
Great work, dude, keep developing it.
Thanks ^_^ that's what i'm aiming for really, i know it's not some amazing original design but i want to make it unique enough that it stands out from the other c+p maps, using proper skillsets and items and mechanics etc

Level 8

"Just a preview of Gil, better one and how he will work as an enemy rather than me casting the spells, probably too strong but he's a boss so oh well /shrug"

I've finished the boss system and summoning system for the shrines, just need to test it thoroughly then it's on to finishing touches, testing the CTF mode properly and likely add some more items before i release 0.2

Level 8

Started back work on 0.2b

Basically the version releases will be

1 - Big Update, 2-3 new heroes, items, likely new gameplay changes, lotsa balance, lots of minor bug fixes
2 - Minor update, 1 new hero, couple of items, small balance, major bug fixes
3 - Extra Updates, address any major bugs or balance

Will be in Beta status until i decide that i'd be happy to call it a full fledged completed project, just if anyone was wondering, hoping it won't be too long before i can be happy with it

0.2b will include any fixes that get reported or i find, i'm going to be adding a few new items and of course, Bell as a new hero

Level 8
4.PNG

3.png

Working on updating the descriptions of all the heroes, exposing more details and giving the player more information before picking, i was really lazy with them initially so they need to be done; gonna look for more things like this to improve if anyone has any requests just mention em

Level 8
Fixes
-Fixed Worn Band giving Agility instead of Strength
Changes:
-Moved Secret Shops to the jungle on the respective sides
-Revamped hero descriptions to be more useful and detailed
-Base Heal adjusted from 10/5 HP/Mana /S to 100/50 HP/Mana /S
>All Heros
-Adjusted Base Stats for large majority
>Pest
-Reduced Black Deaths damage from 0.03% per level to 0.015
- Disease Cloud damage reduced from 60/75/90/105 + 20 DPS to 40/60/80/100 + 15
>Yami
-Capture's pull speed reduced by 75%
-Graviton Cannon changed from a instant line to a wave spell
>Rem & Ram
-Increased speed of Chain Grapple, Now also slightly pulls the target unit towards Rem; Changed FX
-Removed cast time on Al Huma, increased speed, improved FX
-Chain Flail changed to Crush, deals bonus strength damage on hit, knocks back and slows
-Mana Channeling (R) changed to an active that drains mana from surrounding units and heals, granting bonus STR to Rem
-Ram's E now provides heal amplification rather than straight heal
-Ram's R now draws targets in rather than creating a wall around the target
>Issei
-Dragon Shot now explodes on impact
-Balance Break is now a default ability that scales with his level
-Longinus Smasher's fx has been adjusted and now shouldn't lag the game (Dummy units converted to special effects)
Additions:
-Added Bell Cranel to the hero pool

Thought i'd share what's happening with 0.2b so far, working on Issei atm, as always if there's any fixes that are needed just say

Level 8
Added a few new items

Touda/Beast Whistle > Mist People's Teachings

Jeweled Pendant > Jeweled Sword of Zelretch

Bael Family Crest > Lion King's Armor

Samehada

Did a little bit of testing, decided i'll be reworking the current networth system i have in place (It used to be calculated based on how much gold you have earned from the entire match, changing it so it's just based on current gold + items, which is better for more situations (Since gold is lost on death, it'd be possible to have a real hard time earning gold if you kept dying since it's based on hero level + networth)

If anyone wants to go ahead and test with a group, just message me and i'll share the map

Level 8
Back to work~

The plan for now is to rework the terrain to add more areas and expand the play area, along with remaking the lane creeps (They're buggy as hell right now), and adding more intractable in the environment plus some more minor gameplay updates

It's gonna be a lot of work but i'll get there eventually

plan-png.316638

Attachments

• Plan.png
    Plan.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 317
Level 8
So i'm gonna start back on working on the terrain, i've been debating in the back of my mind on this map, "Is it worth continuing", "There're other well made maps out there coming out why should i do it?" "What i make is really bad" y'know all that depression bs, but i just decided in the end that i like working on the terrain so i'm gonna do that and go from there

full

Level 7
This looks awesome, I like and show my full support for this project, hopefully you'll finish this sooner than later, it looks like a real gem of a map.

Level 8
61282937_10215043511100461_6014430291580420096_o.jpg

"Still working on the terrain, made a decision to abandon the CTF mode and that portion of that map completely, it was a fun test and experiment but i just felt it didn't work too well; focusing solely on the AOS mode for now, my aim with the terrain redesign is to make everything more clear and simple whilst expanding the play area and adding more optional mechanics, i have some ideas but nothing too solid right now.

Characters wise i have two characters in mind for the next ones, right now i'm lacking in STR characters so i do need to find some ones suitable for that, but the two i'm thinking of are INT, Tatsumaki and Ainz, i have some decent ideas for both that could be interesting but for now, the terrain is the main theme"

"Anyway, Next i'm gonna work on the main bases, giving more area for the shop region (Will extend to off-map region rather than keeping in) and the actual base area will be larger since they're rather claustrophobic atm, gonna be finding a good variety of trees and changing up the tilesets also, rather than going for Dota-like tree placement going for more focused groups of trees that work as obstacles and look visually better, will be implementing more tree destruction on more skills since i kinda forsook that after a while as well, also gonna implement a better tree re-spawn system"

Dumping some stuff off my FB group for updates

Level 9
Wow, Im pleasantly surprised this is still being worked on, hopefully it'll be fully finished by the completion of this year

Status
Not open for further replies.