1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Aeon of Strife] AniMa War Ex Dev Log

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by The10th-X, Feb 19, 2017.

1. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Welcome to Ani(me)Ma(nga) War Ex(Cel), a bit different from your typical AOS map with extra objectives and different from your typical anime map (Aka, not spellspamming 2bright4youreyes stuff), this is the BETA version which is at most base features complete and fully fleshed out characters etc, the aim as in any AOS map is to destroy the enemies power crystal, however there is an optional point system that adds more objectives to the game as if you so choose.

Main Features -
    • Fully custom triggered heroes each with unique spells
    • Beautiful (Subjectively) anime inspired castle terrain
    • Shrine system
    • Fast pace focused gameplay, suitable for short matches
    • Custom (Not all C+P) Items, more being added each version
    • Simple AI by Valkemiere
    • Custom announcer (Gilgamesh, Fate/Unlimited Codes)
    • Fully custom soundsets for every hero, all unit ability sounds are 3D

Shrines
    [​IMG]
    Shrines are a capturable point on the map, 4 of them exist in the northwest, southwest, northeast and southeast forest.
    At every 1 minute interval, if there is no shrine active on the map one will activate randomly, becoming capturable; To capture a shrine stand in the circle at the targeted point until the number reaches 100 for your team, more heroes mean shrines will capture quicker, however enemies can stand on it at the same time to prevent the number from going up.
    Once a shrine is captured a shrine sentinel is spawned for the team which will act as a vision giving unit and will attack nearby enemies, for the time that the shrine is alive you will generate Dragon Vein Power, which is signified by a number above your teams power crystal; once the DVP reaches 100 your team will spawn a wave of strong siege creeps down the lane.
    The enemy can destroy the shrine sentinel after it has spawned, giving them 10 DVP, so defend your sentinels to get the most out of them.

Terrain Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Development Previews:

Further Development Pages:
    ShiroN3K0
    AMWEx FB Group

Bug reports go to me here, either of the pages above or my email @ The10thx@gmail.com

Download is here - AniMa War Ex V0.2 BETA [1.29+ Only]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have attached an early alpha version for testing purposes; just want to see what others feel works so far and what is lacking

3. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    This definitely has potential, I support this project

4. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    kay so, going to pry myself away from BDO, now.

Been doing a lot of thinking for this map, what will make it fun to be more precise; i've been aiming to make it similar to dota however i've decided to take inspiration from other mobas which prime themselves in Easier gameplay over complexity, anyway; Some changes i've decided are instead of the wards being consumables, they'll be rechargeable items with 3 charges and 100 Second duration, like in LoL but still have more impact, there's also the problem that Heros atm don't seem very balanced, and shall be working out my own scaling system tho that will happen after initial release.

Anyway, first things first i need to finish off Kenshin with 1 skill remaining, then i need to work on making the extra systems to spice up gameplay; along with that i have decided to have all heros with a small turn rate of 0.1 rather than varying rates, this simply makes it easier to dodge attacks and feels more fluid in the wc3 system, anyway this is what i have in my head for now along with map layout changes, after all that and only after that will new heros come; i'm open to suggestions and such, also looking for willing members to take on system triggering and such.

5. Apostle

Apostle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks interesting, I'll try this out when I got the time

6. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So i'm having some trouble with the lane creeps, i've got regions set that designate where they move etc and i tell them to attack move, that works great, when they reach midway however they sometimes decide to turn back and end up at base not doing anything, that or they advance attack the tower a bit then walk past it??

I'm a nub when it comes to wc3 ai since most things i've worked on i haven't really had this type of ai Q_Q

Solved the lane creeps, now working as intended and moving where they're meant to; anyway the Dragon veins as mention in the main post i've thought about them, and i realised that extra regen is kind of lame, not very interesting, so i'm thinking of making it so teams can have access to abilities that can affect the game based on Dragon Points earned through vein capture, some skills include, +10% gold based on networth, -10% enemy gold based on networth, 3 minute speed buffs, damage buffs, boss damage increase, etc, stuff like this that has shared cd and the stronger the ability the more points required

Okay so updated the first post with some small updates, the river is actually centered on the map now (Was bugging the hell out of me), Kenshin's skillset has been revamped, lane creeps should work properly now and some other small adjustments

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2017
  7. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just starting up work again on this map, once again way too pre-occupied with everything else.
    Just finished working on a Hero damage 'detection' system that essentially hardcodes all the hero stats and item damage bonuses/buffs to figure out their damage instead of relying on damage taken events etc, almost working as wanted but i can't remember how to make it detect multiple of the same items, anyone help?

8. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks awesome, can't wait to play the finished version

repped

9. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Uwah, I hope it will support AI. And gosh, there's issei here. Looking forward to this amazing shit!

Also, a question for the heroes. Are you gonna put any anime character there regardless what anime/manga they come from?

10. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks ^^

For AI i've never personally done any advanced stuff myself other than bosses, though for future versions i do want to look in to it once it's fleshed out.

And yeah there's no restrictions on what characters can be implemented, though i personally want to include characters that can be made in to a unique playstyle etc, so i probably won't be including multiple characters if they have the same power designs (Etc literally every DBZ character)

11. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Managed to get it working with multiple of the same item, just a video demoing the damage detection system

12. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Been working on a little more complex of a hero than i have done before, 2 hero's as one, Rem and Ram (Because i need some sort of fanb8)

13. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:

On a roll atm, here's Kiyohime just finished

14. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks awesome, keep up the great work

15. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Whilst it pains me to do this it's all for the greater good #feelsbadman

Idea for the terrain has been changed after seeing how it played out with testing, basically there wasn't much play room and i felt it was too tight especially on the top and bottom lanes, so along with expanding the top and bottom lanes i'm going to do away with the 'mounts around centre area' and i'm changing it to somewhat of a castle ruins that connects to the centre lane.

Along with that instead of having Jungle creeps there'll be Mini-bosses that spawn at the 2 minute mark and 2 minutes again after death, they'll grant a temporary buff for 5 minutes until death when killed along with gold bounty and a Hero Seal (Name for the boss points i will be introducing), with the main boss still spawning in the center and granting 5 Hero Points, will post more information as development continues, for now i need to map out where i want everything.

Sorry for the delays but i don't want to release something that i don't like myself.

16. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:

A preview of the new terrain that's in the works, much more open in the main lanes, more distinct areas for mechanics (Dragon vein shrines etc) and i made use of the normal wc3 water over planes this time, i was eperimenting with them the first terrain but i didn't really like them

17. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Killua is also complete now along with the new terrain~ 1 more hero + the Prana Points system and the mini-bosses with a few more items, the next alpha will be ready for release

18. CampScouter

CampScouter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Make a hero with skills like Kirito, dude :) It will be awesome

19. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, i've decided the main bosses will be delayed for the first release because i want to work out a better way to implement them, anyway currently i'm working on a revamp on Tamamo because the first version of her was rather lackluster, also i've updated development status on the first post

20. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:

The 10th hero - Okita Souji is finished, and with that i just need to implement the DV Point shop and the display system and the second Alpha will be good to go (And a lot more playable than the first)