• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

And now for something completely different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I'm such a tease...
Commence speculation! ;)

PS: And nope, this is not a new boss encounter. It's a brand new gameplay element across all character levels.

Attachments

• screen01.jpg
    screen01.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 355
Level 8
1. Some sort of training zone
2. Some sort of alignment (good vs evil) sort of thing for your hero to spec into
3. Eating the shrooms at the sewers makes your hero zone the #### out, you then start dreaming up god only knows what kind of deeply disturbing sexual fantasies with giant furbolgs and whatnot.

Level 10
please let it be portals and portal traveling

in seriousness though my guess is it's something similar to the mage training quest? Maybe the requirement of standing on markings of certain colors to do elemental damage of that type where bosses or mobs will have increased damage of those markings and or resistances of said elements and the necromancer/sorc classes will be able to create these circle markings on the ground.

If my above speculation is correct then we can see an increase use of elemental damage and resistances as a fundamental game mechanic

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
please let it be portals and portal traveling
10% correct.

A monster hunting/capturing minigame?
50% correct.

I'm not satisfied with the terrain yet. I guess this will get completely reworked again. It doesn't feel "magical" to me, more like a really misty forest.

Last edited:
Level 5
Is that achievements? Big Bad Wolf, Firelord and Gaspode look alike in the picture. Doesnt really fit with half of the mobs though.. Has common ground with both portals and "A monster hunting/capturing minigame?" though!

Edit: Also looks like the 3 recognizable bosses/events are on the left side, and three units I cant put a finger on by the right. Really not sure what to make of this, cant wait to find out!

Level 5
Does this have anything to do with crafting?

Other things I can see are the elemental affiliations, firelord - fire direwolf - frost/ice/water lizard - lightning/air - furbolg - nature... Spellbreaker arcane or something...

Give us some hints already !!!

Level 5
I'm thinking either something to do with crafting/enchanting.

Or some form of religious/deity/boon thingy. Is there any particular reasoning behind the models? I did notice the terrain seems shaped for specifically 6 models.

Level 9
Lure a monster/creature into a portal in a capture-the-flag-esque mini-game, and the team with the most monsters lured wins?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
All wrong so far.
It's a feature I always wanted to add but never had an idea how to actually make it without a horrendous amount of object data; and now it comes to you in this weird unique form. :)

It will probably add a lot to long-term goals in this game and also add to the solo content. Plus it's a relatively minor effort to implement (almost done after only 2 days working on it), so win-win!

Or some form of religious/deity/boon thingy. Is there any particular reasoning behind the models? I did notice the terrain seems shaped for specifically 6 models.
Also, 50% correct.
And no, the models used are completely arbitrary.

Other things I can see are the elemental affiliations, firelord - fire direwolf - frost/ice/water lizard - lightning/air - furbolg - nature... Spellbreaker arcane or something...
We're getting closer...

Level 5
Spellbreaker defensive, pyromancer offensive? Would make sense. 10% portal (Portal ontop), 50% Monster hunting (Maybe you have to do something to get one of these)
50% Religious/Boon from combining these, and of course, that'd save a lot of object data I believe.

Grasping at straws here though!

Level 4
So what i think you're trying to make here, is a long-term repeatable challenge of bosses, that are made random each time you challenge them (Given random aspects of magic = Random Spells) these can be solo'ed (if good enough - just like the Squire Level 25 Class Quest) or you can team up (Bosses will of course be balanced accordingly) if you are with some friends. If i'm right, i really do like the idea. I've been thinking about this concept just with the Arena in the city instead - where you can challenge Gladiators from all over the universe of Gaias.

Level 8
Yeah the false hope thing isn't cool. In the first place you have no obligation to work on the map at all - simply saying the map is still under development is enough for us, it's understood that there won't be a schedule because life happens. You created a certain level of expectancy and hype when you said there'd be a release, can't blame those that feel impatient a week (or more) later...

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
That's why I never really give a definitive release date.

But just as an update on this: the system is complete and works already, I just want to polish it a bit more so that the final result looks better than it does currently. Also, I wanted to add some extra features to it, like a guide npc that explains how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.