• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ancient World (RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
29pr8cj.jpg

INTRODUCTION:

Ancient World is Rpg that will try to get the gameplay of games like Diablo and Torchlight. The story will be told in quest there will be only Main quests and those main quests will tell you the story.

Story

this story is before you begin playing
Great war began when the Demon portal opened. 3 Wizards tried to stop the Demon who was killing everyone in his path and they succeeded and captured him in a magical stone. Before he died he said to the wizards that one day he will come and he will destroy this world.

Classes
There will be 4 classes: Berserker,Wizard,Ranger,Assassin (more details will be given later this month)

Features

- 4 Unique classes
- Damage System
- Save/Load System
-Multi-Language system
- Cutscenes
-And new hp bar never seen in Wc3(play the map when it is released to find out more).

Pictures

dxgrwh.jpg

Credits

Credits will be given when the game goes into Beta

FAQ

Q:Can you play this map with your friends?
A: No this is single-player map and you cant play it with your friends. We Choosed this way because we dont want to be limited about the Map size

Q:Why there are no pictures so we can comment on your map?
A: There are no pictures because we are making the map as fast as possible since its still not in Alpha version i cant give you screenshot. Also it maybe makes you think that we work slowly but we work as hard as we can because i want a detailed terrain to make you feel the Ancient World.

Q: Can you give me more details about the classes?
A: Classes will be revealed as we go on till the beta. I'm Working now on the Wizard abbilities so when they are done ill show you the abbilities. When we show you the Wizard every week after that new class will be revealed.

Q:Will there be Beta?
A: Ill do youtube videos like spotlight to show you the features and other things but theres time for that. Ill inv some people when the game reaches the point for release to test the finals thing for bugs and balance, after that the map is ready to be released.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PLS DONT FORGET TO COMMENT BELOW.
AW TEAM

Last edited:
Level 12
Well could been said in a nicer way indeed, but I agree that unless you have atleast some screenshots you should wait with making a thread here, since it for now just seem more like an idea as we just have a two line story and a few features, anyways I wish you best of luck with your project, I hope to see some screenshots soon.

Level 11
Well could been said in a nicer way indeed, but I agree that unless you have atleast some screenshots you should wait with making a thread here, since it for now just seem more like an idea as we just have a two line story and a few features, anyways I wish you best of luck with your project, I hope to see some screenshots soon.

The story will be told while you do the quests so if i tell you the story you will know the quests... that there is the cinematic that will be before you start playing the map. And yes i was waiting answers like that for pictures dont worry they will come in no time.

A bit typical, if you ask me. ''1-20 unique heroes'', you start the game from a village with farms and chickens, then you go and kill big guys. There should be additional features than just these.

Sometimes messages like this betrays me and makes me tell everything but ill hold now i wont tell you the story and the features sry wait for more updates as the map goes on.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
In my opinion you should not make a thread about your map yet since you tell us basicly nothing except a very short story and the names of 4 classes.

anyways here is my suggestions
1. make more classes 4 is way to little add atleast 4 more
2. post more info about the map else you will not get many comments, trust me rather show more of the map and get more intrested followers than not tell anything

and just send a pm if you need help with anything :)

Level 11
In my opinion you should not make a thread about your map yet since you tell us basicly nothing except a very short story and the names of 4 classes.

anyways here is my suggestions
1. make more classes 4 is way to little add atleast 4 more
2. post more info about the map else you will not get many comments, trust me rather show more of the map and get more intrested followers than not tell anything

and just send a pm if you need help with anything :)

About the first suggestion i think 4 classes will be good when beta comes you will see everything about them than if more of you ask for class than ill add max 1 more.

2. Today later ill tell you about Berserkers Skills.

Level 16
Here is an idea for classes. I personally think classes are very important in an game! So here it is.

Barbarian Warlord "Berserker" - Strength
Arch Wizard - Intelligence
Bounty Hunter "Ranger" - Agility
Assassin -Agility
Priestess - Intelligence
Alchemist - Intelligence
Warrior Rouge -Agility

I do have more ideas... But... These should do.

Q:Can you play this map with your friends?
A: No this is single-player map and you cant play it with your friends. We Choosed this way because we dont want to be limited about the Map size
And how big do you expect this map to be? Its hard to reach the limit!

Level 11
Here is an idea for classes. I personally think classes are very important in an game! So here it is.

Barbarian Warlord "Berserker" - Strength
Arch Wizard - Intelligence
Bounty Hunter "Ranger" - Agility
Assassin -Agility
Priestess - Intelligence
Alchemist - Intelligence
Warrior Rouge -Agility

I do have more ideas... But... These should do.

And how big do you expect this map to be? Its hard to reach the limit!

As i said the classes will remain same

And follow the thread the update can come any minute from now till 00:00 pm im GMT +1

About the map i plan to put other weapons and armor that will be attachable still i dont know will i make it. If i dont make it than the map sure will be Multiplayer but for now single-player will stay there.

Level 11
WEEKLY UPDATE

Today i wanted to tell you about the abbilities so here how it will work. There will be Ability buying system.So with every level you get points that you will spend on buying abilities you can purchase 5 abbilities from 25 each class. Ok so today we start with the berserker ill show you random 5 abbilities from 25

1zb8lmg.jpg
Berserker - Ill release my rage to the enemies

Abbilities

fxawyx.jpg

Criticall Chance: 10%/15%/20%/25%
Criticall Strike: 200%

Note: Berserker uses his rage and strikes the enemy deeper.

4q2d79.jpg

Enchants your weapon for 5 seconds
Damage: +20/+40/+60/+80

Note: Enchants his weapon to deal even more Damage

256604y.jpg

Dashes to enemy dealing magical damage 75/125/150/200

r0xkd1.jpg

Strikes the enemy with the shield dealing 100/150/175/220 Damage

2mzldt5.jpg

Reduces the target armor by 2/4/6/8

Level 13
I mean, you must make your own ideas spell ;) ;)
Like that Strike Harder ( It's Critical strike basicaly :/ :/ )
Try to make that active spell, when use, the next attack will be deal critical..
And passively, can deal a chane to critical ;) ;)
Oh PS:
And this are Single player's as you said..
Try to make so cool and beautiful terrain ;) ;)
And use high resolution model'z ;) ;)

Level 11
I mean, you must make your own ideas spell ;) ;)
Like that Strike Harder ( It's Critical strike basicaly :/ :/ )
Try to make that active spell, when use, the next attack will be deal critical..
And passively, can deal a chane to critical ;) ;)
Oh PS:
And this are Single player's as you said..
Try to make so cool and beautiful terrain ;) ;)
And use high resolution model'z ;) ;)

The spell Strike Harder is passive ability.

The story is basically another cliché overused one and it could be compared to Diablo's, since you trap the great evils in a gem.

The classes really cannot sound more generic with those names and looking at 5 of the Berserker's spells, they're quite basic spells when reading the tooltips, most of them just deal damage and they're ideas seen before, I was expecting more original spell ideas like ones that connect with each other, for example one of them puts a buff on the enemy unit and if you use your other spells on it then you'll deal more damage thanks to the buff, but the 5 spells listed above all have one simple function.

The features cannot be any more boring, I assume the "Damage System" is just a background system that allows you to manage the damage output of everything easily.
And the HP bar thing sounds interesting, but I don't think it'll affect the gameplay that much.

Really, does this project promise anything good whatsoever? I honestly love to support map makers, but this holds no promise and you've posted the development thread while you haven't even made that much progress, thus leaving you with no real material to show. You really could've waited longer before posting this.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Actually vangeancekeal is right, the spell names and the spells themself are very simple, no offense. I don't use very advanced names myself but I'll try to give you an idea.

You should not use this since this is just kinda random ideas I got of spells but as you see most spells are based on one passive wich is very nice
Berserker - str
icons_15468_btn.jpg

Deadly wounds - passive
icons_8759_pas.jpg
The berserkers basic attacks applies a bleed effect dealing attack damage / 2 over 3 seconds, stacks 3 times

Rage - activate - no target
icons_6761_btn.jpg
The berserker deals additional 10 damage on his basic attacks. The damage dealt is increased by 20% for every stack of Deadly wounds

Axe blow - single target
icons_10801_btn.jpg
The Berserker attacks with a mighty blow with his axe dealing damage to every enemy infront of him. every unit hit gets one stack of deadly wounds.

Intervene - single target - ultimate
icons_15469_btn.jpg
The berserker dashes to a units location, if charge to a friendly target he absorbs 300 damage over 10 seconds. If charge a enemy he is stuned for 3 seconds and take 20% additional damage during the stun.

Level 11
The story is basically another cliché overused one and it could be compared to Diablo's, since you trap the great evils in a gem.

The classes really cannot sound more generic with those names and looking at 5 of the Berserker's spells, they're quite basic spells when reading the tooltips, most of them just deal damage and they're ideas seen before, I was expecting more original spell ideas like ones that connect with each other, for example one of them puts a buff on the enemy unit and if you use your other spells on it then you'll deal more damage thanks to the buff, but the 5 spells listed above all have one simple function.

The features cannot be any more boring, I assume the "Damage System" is just a background system that allows you to manage the damage output of everything easily.
And the HP bar thing sounds interesting, but I don't think it'll affect the gameplay that much.

Really, does this project promise anything good whatsoever? I honestly love to support map makers, but this holds no promise and you've posted the development thread while you haven't even made that much progress, thus leaving you with no real material to show. You really could've waited longer before posting this.

If i knew everything in World Editor( just dream) i have coder but he is busy right now so its hard to make complicated spells. Hmm i readed about the terrain that if this is singleplayer the terrain needs to be good. The terrain is in marko9 he is the Terrainer so i think he is legendary terrainer:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/marko9/

Level 21
Well...

this type of storytelling should be labelled as "most efficient"... i guess. Nothing more to comment on at this point

Level 9
Sigh. Been waiting for something new. For now, I can see good results. How about I spice things a bit eh?

DA FIST'S SPELLS FOR WIZARD
icons_15563_btn.jpg
Credit : Helix-Magnus
Chakra Burst
Throws away X% of mana to convert into damage, max damage dealt = X
Intense training brings a wizard closer to gaining this rare skill. It involves turning their mana, into heavy damage.
icons_15551_btn.jpg
Credit : PeeKay
Chilling Touch
Touches a enemy unit and a line of frosty mist will appear dealing damage to those who are nearby the targeted unit. (like this:
X O ----------O----O
X = Caster
O = Enemy
- = Line of Frosty Aura)
Using Powerful arts, a wizard can channel frosty mist towards the enemy, instead of spreading it outward the wizard.

icons_15495_btn.jpg
Credit : morbent
Decay
Deals permanent debuff (-50% Armor & -50% Damage, debuff is not bigger than 20, half if boss) to a unit, and 1% damage per second poison ( 0.01% if boss) , for 5 seconds ( 2.5 if boss ). DOES NOT STACK.
A poison deals damage to the skin, this poison deals towards the life force of a being, decaying his system to make it permanently weaker
icons_15536_pas.jpg
Credit : Army-of-Pandas
Spell Amplify
Every time the wizard casts the spell, X% to cast this skill. Releases a violent charge that penetrates (-X Armor) and knockbacks (X units).
Everyone has this skill, yet no-one notice it. Mere Mortals say it is good timing that deals a critical blow, but for one who can control this Amplification can deal massive damage to the poor targeted unit.
-Da Fist-

Level 13
Sigh. Been waiting for something new. For now, I can see good results. How about I spice things a bit eh?

DA FIST'S SPELLS FOR WIZARD
icons_15551_btn.jpg
Credit : PeeKay
Chilling Touch
Touches a enemy unit and a line of frosty mist will appear dealing damage to those who are nearby the targeted unit. (like this:
X O ----------O----O
X = Caster
O = Enemy
- = Line of Frosty Aura)
Using Powerful arts, a wizard can channel frosty mist towards the enemy, instead of spreading it outward the wizard.
-Da Fist-

+ REPT ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.