• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Ruins of Vendula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this image randomly floating around my PC.
Anyway I like it and I wanted to open it up to the public.

Taken from my map 'Conquering Vendula'.

'Click for full sized quality'

Attachments

• Ancient Ruins of Vendula Small.png
    Ancient Ruins of Vendula Small.png
    375.5 KB · Views: 637
  • WC3ScrnShot_111613_220031_01small.png
    WC3ScrnShot_111613_220031_01small.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 449
  • Ancient Ruins of Vendula Zoomed out.png
    Ancient Ruins of Vendula Zoomed out.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Level 36
I must admit, I don't wholly understand what exactly you're doing here.
Both of those screenshots are so awfully zoomed in that you can see the
stretched texture of every surface of every doodad and tile in the image.

I suggest you zoom a hell of a lot more out before you make your
screenshots.

IMO I don't find it so bad.

What I was trying to do was make a capture of a small scene.
A basic scene of the beloved beauty of what nature can form...
Eh. If it was real.

Zooming out of the scene would ruin the feel and perspective of what I was trying to achieve.

This is all playable terrain anyway. It's what I like making and I liked how these turned out as they call "art".

Level 36
Fair enough.

I must agree about the tiles, however, especially on the first screenshot, not necessarily because they don't fit, but because when you click for the larger version you can clearly see the big "x" in the middle of the tile, where the skin doesn't... How does these skin-dudes put it, "wrap" properly? >.>

I'm sure it's a good looking terrain, and that's why I suggested you zoom out a little more, so we can see more of the terrain :)

^Heh, rather interesting.

I must agree about the tiles, however, especially on the first screenshot, not necessarily because they don't fit, but because when you click for the larger version you can clearly see the big "x" in the middle of the tile, where the skin doesn't... How does these skin-dudes put it, "wrap" properly? >.>

Actually looking back at the terrain I do see more clearly what you mean.

I'm sure it's a good looking terrain, and that's why I suggested you zoom out a little more, so we can see more of the terrain :)

I have some interesting ideas I might get around to trying some time. Thanks. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.