• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An ORPG Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, so i'm working on an ORPG of sorts.

Basically in my game you start out without choosing a class whatsoever, and you also don't have a main attribute.

I hope this would lead to damage being dependant on either having a weapon equipped, or through various spells ( if you wanna play a mage ofcourse)

If you need a better idea of what type of game this is, it's a big free open-world game where your character's actions define him, rather then some class you picked at the start. So play like you want to play.
Hope that made some sense.

Tell me what you think of this idea or how it could be improved. :wink:

Level 3
I think it sounds like an awesome idea but im wondering if you would have levels like when you level up you go and see a npc and gain damage if your a warrior or spells if your a mage or whether you just buy your weapons or spells.

Level 10
I think it sounds like an awesome idea but im wondering if you would have levels like when you level up you go and see a npc and gain damage if your a warrior or spells if your a mage or whether you just buy your weapons or spells.

Abilities will do damage based on your attributes, so altough you can always find more powerful spells they will always scale with your stats.

Did that answer your question? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.