• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

An new hero picking system[REQUEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
A new hero picking system[REQUEST]

:thumbs_up:
Hey

:ned:Are u bored of those simple and yet boring hero picking systems?:ned:

:ned:Are u tired of hero picking system that maps like DOTA have?:ned:

If you are then help me with the idea of an new hero picking system.

:pal:Everything from simple concepts to complex systems are welcomed.:pal:

:spell_breaker:Also everyone who helps in any way will get +REP.:spell_breaker:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Not completly sure what some parts of your post are talking about but maby something like an in-game text command to pick what hero you want.

All players start off on a blank area that says what factions/races/etc they can pick, and to pick one player X must type

.RPICK -Insert Race Name-

Then the players camera is moved to another blank area that has the level 1 hero unit controlled by a comp allyed to everyone standing there. Player X clicks the hero, all starting stats are shown through private message to player X.

And to pick your hero type
.HPICK -Insert Class-

I havent used the editor in awile so I cant tell you the names of the triggers to use but I used something like that in a beta version of a map I made once

Level 9
If i am asking for someone to make me,that means that i have low or no knowledge at all at triggers.
So can someone make me?

Level 8
then give more info about what you want. you asked for new hero picking system so there should be some specific needs.
At least how much heroes you intend to have. If all your heroes can fit in one dialog screen it's easier than if it has to switch between more.

Level 9
2 separated hero pick system with dialog system.
1st hero pick opens at command of -hero1
2nd hero pick opens at command of -hero2

One hero pick should have the capacity for at least 35=35+35=70=2 hero pick systems.
If possible heroes should be move with mouse(Like Vista system)
The hero should be in the middle in 3d and the description should be in corner of up right position.

Level 9
2 separated hero pick system with dialog system.
1st hero pick opens at command of -hero1
2nd hero pick opens at command of -hero2

One hero pick should have the capacity for at least 35=35+35=70=2 hero pick systems.
If possible heroes should be move with mouse(Like Vista system)
The hero should be in the middle in 3d and the description should be in corner of up right position.
Is this enough information?

Status
Not open for further replies.