• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Altered melee with RPG elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hallo guys.
I am working on a map and I need some help to complete it because my imagination is limited. :confused: By posting here, I will look for simple advices on skills, balancing... Sorry if it's not the good place to do it.
But let me explain the specificities of my map.

There are 3 races (at the moment), Humans, Orcs and Undeads. Each race has altered units based on existing melee units, dividing them into full races (no more Trolls with Orcs, no Elvens with Humans, etc...). It will be played such a melee map: you start with some peons, you build your base, heroes and units; then you attack creeps and other mor** players !
Those races are NOT balanced (inspired by Magic the Gathering). They will can do some common things (summoning monsters, dispell...), but their bestiary are different.
For example, an Undead army has not any kind of heavy footman, but it is composed of many weak skeletons and their spells are mainly curses.

More over, I will add some "neutrals races" (quoted because I've not decided of the factions). Hiring a "neutral" hero will grant you to build his warriors. You want to add some forest trolls to your orcish Horde ? Before you'll have to buy a forest troll hero.

I want to develop a recipe item system. With some basic ones and recipes, you are getting more and more phat weapons. A few items will need some special stuff (WOW materials like leather, copper, jewels...), that you can "farm" on creeps (exact word should be "find"). I don't want the players to waste their gaming time into farming, i'll consider that thing.

I haven't many time more to explain my project, so I have to leave the keyboard. I will complete this post on the next days. I wait all your suggestions and ideas... :wink:
See you dudes !

Level 9
I had a similar idea once, but I have never done anything about it :p
It's a simple idea, so if the map will be created, it will be liked for sure :)
I haven't though fully understood how you create units in your map: summoning items? Hero spells? Buildings?

Level 2
Hi.
Units are built in buildings, which are built by peons. Items (and recipes), neutral heroes and their buildings (if they have) are bought in neutrals shops.

About races, there are actually 2 nearly playable: humans and undeads, orcs are following but I have a really great lack of ideas for their spells. See the following details to know what has been done.

Humans
Arthas (Paladin): AOE Heal, Divine Shield, "T3 priest's Buff", and Resurrect.
Antonidas (Archmage): Blizzard, Hex, Illumination Aura. No ultimate yet.
Garithos (Marshall): Bloodlust (maybe replace by Bloodrage -selfcast-), Critical, Devotion Aura. Not ultimate yet too.
Jaina (Hydromancer): Shockwave (with max Bash soon), Summon Water Elemental, and Mass teleport as ulti. For his third basic skill, I thought about a passive one which improves his elemental and his shockwave.

Barracks:
-Mercenary: the footman with Stand an Ambush skill
-Hunter: a spearthrower with Stand and Ambush too
-Horseman (T3): the same.

Mage tower:
-Apprentice (T2): a weak spellthrower. Has the "dryad's dispell". No more ideas. :confused:
-Mage (T2): a powerfull but expensive spellthrower. Has the "sorceress' Slow" and the "priest's AOE Dispell". No idea for his T3 spell.

Undeads
Skeletons hasn't any skill yet, and certainly won't. They are quite weak (ATM 250hp, 400 for humans), but I think I'll add a special upgrade increasing their hp/armor (choose the less abused).
Arthas (Anti-Paladin): Death Coil, Raise Dead (original ulti nerfed), "necro's frenzy". No ulti.
Kel'thuzad (Lich): Actually the original one, without ulti.
Sylvanas (Ranger): Original one with Confusion instead of his Lifedrain.
Varimathras (Dreadlord): Vampiric Aura, Sleep, "necro's Weakness".

Crypt:
-Skeleton warrior: the weakest unit after peons (or nearly).
-Skeleton archer: a simple weak archer
-Bonemancer (T2): a weak skeleton with better magical damages. Maybe one spell.

Mausoleum:
-Banshee (T2): like the original one, but casts the talon druid's autospell (dont remember the name).
-Necromancer (T2): summons skeletons (nerfed).

Orcs
Drek'thar (Shaman): Chainlighting, Summon Wolves, and a lightning Starfall as ulti, but i want something like the DOTA Luna's ulti.
Grom Hellscream (Warsong Chieftain): absolutely no idead. I want to avoid the bladefury-like skills because I'll probably add it to my fel Grom or fel Blademaster.
Orgrim Doomhammer (Blackrock Chieftain): A simple passive bash (Max bash soon).
Thrall (Prophet): has the "farseer's vision skill" and a simple passive bash.

Barracks:
-Grunt: the basic one, with maybe a T3 bloodrage.
-Scout: a strong speathrower, with maybe the Windraiders' poison attack.
-Raider (T2): the original one, with ensnare.

Spirit altar:
-Chaman (T2): nothing decided, I have some ideas to make him an unbuffer (AOE slow, Purge).
-Wizard (T2): same, but will be a buffer, with the famous Bloodlust.

That's all, I wait your comments/ideas about skillz. See you soon for news and test reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.