• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multi-Race Modified Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Right now, I'm working on a Modified Melee map.

The games go like this:
Your goal is to destroy your enemies' main town hall.

At the beginning of the game, you select a race and like in standard melee, you start off with a town hall and some workers.
The difference is, before you get to do anything, you must select an upgrade in your town hall. That upgrade will affect your units and the commander [a weaker hero] you get to command/buff your army with. After the upgrade, you can now select a commander and control your workers.

As for the techtree, the upgrade I mentioned before will affect the structures you get to build and the units you can train. So basically, it's like having the four main races, but with a maximum or more than 12 different modes of play as squads.

Heroes/Commanders: Basically, they'll have buffs and for their units only. There will be ones with almighty abilities but can only be summoned at the later stages of the town hall.

Progress:
Right now I have 2 working races and squads: Humans and Orcs.
Humans: Dwarves+Humans, Elves, Humans
Orcs: Feral Orcs, Orcs+Tauren, Orcs+Troll, Orcs+Ogres.

Basically, the gameplay is like have the main race go on a mission and take just one more race with them to bash their enemy.

The system will most likely be the same with the Night Elves and Undead.

Problems:
I haven't done any programming done yet, as I'm having my time eaten by the balancing. I will when I get to the polishing stage. The problem there is I'm getting confused. Well, I've used Starcraft's before so it will take me a while since I have to recall everything.

Other Ideas:
Because I'm planning this to be something played as 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 co-op
The maximum food will divided among the participating players per side to allow balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.