• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alterac Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alterac Valley none less ^^

So i decided to continue my project (see last thread on idea factory -subforum)
The main goals of my AV map are these:
-5v5 multiplayer game.
-Highly detailed map.
-All 9 classes of vanilla WoW with their core spells.
-60 levels.
-All AV quests included .
-Lots of famous items from WoW equippable (example: [The Unstoppable Force]
-Interesting boss fights with meny phases.

Also aiming to add things like Stormpike Guard/Frostwolf Clan reputation.

So far i have done this:

Terrain: Almost whole map, missing Hall of Vanndar, Irondeep Mine, Alliance hero selection area and some details from Dun Baldar and valley below it.
Heroes: Balancing under progress.. -.-
Spells: Warlock and Druid spells almost done.
Triggers: Almost nothing done... -.-

Here is some pictures what i´ve done so far...

Overwiew:

AlteracValley-1.jpg

Dun Baldar. Still miss pretty much stuff...

DunBaldar.jpg

Field of Strife. Need to add more stuff there.

FieldofStrife.jpg

This is the area outside of Frostwolf Hall. Still need to change some models.

FrostwolfTowers.jpg

This is the Hall of Frostwolf, and also area where Alliance team will fight against Drek´Thar.

FrostwolfHall-1.jpg

Level 3
Hey I don't know, but your name seems finnish, I'm from Finland also, and it would be nice to work with another guy from the same country, if you need some help, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Level 7
Spitfire: Sorry I'm hungarian :S. It seems becouse if everything true our languages are relatives. :). But i help you gladly.

Level 3
Thanks everybody for your positive comments :)
sorry that replying took so long -.-' didn´t even know taht there was thread made in category Map Development. I have been updating the one in idea category :s
Dont think that tauren tent is imported from wow, its made by Nasrudin (thanks for him *praise*) and you can find it from here THW from models. (search Tauren Tent)
All these models are downloaded from here THW.
I have currently put this project on hold, as im helping chanan12 at this Sky World project. But dont worry, will come back to this project sooner or later. And then i will surely need help with triggering, modelling, and such. Cant do enything except terrain and make some simple triggers. :S
@ Spitfire12 It would also be nice to do work together. would be less communication problems ^^
so yeah, go check updated images from idea section. I´ll continue this project when chanan12´s map is ok. (and if you liked my terrain, play chana12´s map too, as im terraining it ^^ lal)

EDIT:
lal just looked those images in this thread and saw that those are the updated ones. sorry, it takes some time for me to understand how everything works on this forum :S

Level 14
Hm, I think I might contribute a bit to this project. AV was always my favorite BG before they changed it and I quit WoW.

For capturing towers, do you think it would be good to have an indoor zone for them too?

When you finish the baseline, let me know.

~Asomath

Level 3
Umm... So yeah, bad news for everyone (or atleast for those who waited for this).
My comp broke few weeks ago, and i had just some very old backup files from this map (i had barely started terraining) and i think im not very keen to start making everything again(u can call me quitter) :(
Thanks for all your positive comments, and sorry again for burying this project :(

Status
Not open for further replies.