• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Altar of Kings building - custom hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all

as the title says .... this topic is in regards to the building named Altar of Kings

As i m inloved with the BloodKnight idea from world of warcraft MMORPG, i made my own Custom Hero -- BloodKnight

Used the Spellbreaker s body and model animation, but made it melee, with paladin stats and the talking portrait of a Blood Mage hero unit.
As skills, i gave it Holy Light, Mana Drain ( to keep it in theme with the selfish blood elves), Divine Shield and Resurection.

Then i went on to add it to the Altar of Kings unit list...and here the problems started!

Normally, when you start a regular melee game, when one queues for one hero, the rest of them become greyed out, untill the first upgrade for the center building.

But, since i added the custom hero Blood Knight ( and thus having 5 heroes in list, instead of 4), i noticed that once i selected and queued for any hero, the others do NOT grey out, as they are suppose to !

EXCEPT the hero custom unit itself and the fact i added a 5th hero to the Altar of Kings's list, i made NO other modifications to any game constant!

so why do not the others grey out, like normal, when i queue for one hero ?!

thanks....any solutions are welcomdd

Level 16
Seas =)

You have to add your hero into this line:

bg508v37cy6eyz8h3.gif

Where to find this line?
- Advanced > Gameplay Constants

[ Edit: I see now <-- there's no need for double posting ^^ - but don't worry, just remember it ^^ ]

Level 4
Thanks

Thank you very much !

and i deeply apologize for double post !

when i press ,,post'' the first time, i got a message ,,servers too full - try again later''.

hence my double press and post

Admins, please delete my extra post - thanks

Level 4
Unforseen problem !!!

i did EXACTLY as you told me - but once i queue my new custom hero, his icon is NOT removed from the Altar of Kings's list of available heroes !

any ideea ?

i could send you the map :) if you d like

Level 4
But...

my map allready has all the initial triggers !

Including the trigger ,,Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)''

is there any other trick to try ?

EDIT: YAAAY :p got it !

its the trigger Player - Limit Training of Unit-Type ( and it gives me the option of selecting unit )
many, many thanks :D

may i dare ask one more thing ? :p

my Blood Knight hero is a Blood Elf paladin :D
so its based on the Spellbreaker model.

is there any way to make it so that when i select it, it displays the portrait of the Blood Mage INSTEAD of a simple Spellbreaker unit ?
many thanks again

i love RP and love all Blood Elf things :)

my map allready has all the initial triggers !

Including the trigger ,,Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)''

is there any other trick to try ?

EDIT: YAAAY :p got it !

its the trigger Player - Limit Training of Unit-Type ( and it gives me the option of selecting unit )
many, many thanks :D

may i dare ask one more thing ? :p

my Blood Knight hero is a Blood Elf paladin :D
so its based on the Spellbreaker model.

is there any way to make it so that when i select it, it displays the portrait of the Blood Mage INSTEAD of a simple Spellbreaker unit ?
many thanks again

i love RP and love all Blood Elf things :)

I think you can import the blood mage portrait model and set its path to the path of the spell breaker's portrait. though with this ALL spell breaker models will have the portrait of the blood mage. You can use Magos' war3 model editor or war3 viewer to export the blood mage portrait from the war3x mpq.

Level 4
Oddity ....

i made 1 extra hero for each race

human --- BloodKnight ( paladin with mana drain instead of armor aura )
elf --- Moonkin ( Grove Keeper with starfall instead of aoe heals)
undead --- legion warlock ( immolation, carrion swarm, rain of fire, doom )
orc ---- magnataur chieftain ( cleave, howl of terror, shockwave and stampede)

EXCEPT the Undead new hero, the Legion Warlock, all other new heroes LACK that glow on their feet, that the regular heroes have !

by some weird happening, my Legion Warlock custom made hero HAS that glow arroudn their feet !!!

the undead custom hero is derived from the Eredar Diabolist
the human hero is derived from the Spellbreaker
the orc hero is derived from the Magnataur Reaver model
the elf hero is derived from the Enraged Owlbeast

how come the Undead custom hero HAS the glowing arround their feet, like standard heroes, and the others do not ?!?!

except for this .... all other functionality is just like any regular hero!

i looked for, but didnt found anything different about the undead custom hero, compare to the others!

i made 1 extra hero for each race

human --- BloodKnight ( paladin with mana drain instead of armor aura )
elf --- Moonkin ( Grove Keeper with starfall instead of aoe heals)
undead --- legion warlock ( immolation, carrion swarm, rain of fire, doom )
orc ---- magnataur chieftain ( cleave, howl of terror, shockwave and stampede)

EXCEPT the Undead new hero, the Legion Warlock, all other new heroes LACK that glow on their feet, that the regular heroes have !

by some weird happening, my Legion Warlock custom made hero HAS that glow arroudn their feet !!!

the undead custom hero is derived from the Eredar Diabolist
the human hero is derived from the Spellbreaker
the orc hero is derived from the Magnataur Reaver model
the elf hero is derived from the Enraged Owlbeast

how come the Undead custom hero HAS the glowing arround their feet, like standard heroes, and the others do not ?!?!

except for this .... all other functionality is just like any regular hero!

i looked for, but didnt found anything different about the undead custom hero, compare to the others!

hero glows are part of models... you can add/remove them if you want using magos...

Status
Not open for further replies.