• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue train order from any Altar of Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I am currently working on my very first AI, it is going to be very basic, and right now I am trying to make a trigger that orders a specific hero to be trained from an Altar.

However at the ''Issue Train/Upgrade Order'' action, I cannot pick a unit-type, but only a specific unit on the map.

I want the AI to train the custom unit from wherever it might build the Altar. How do I select Altar of Kings as the unit-type that has to follow the order?

Sorry for the broken English.

Level 13
You'll have to make a unit group, then filter out the altar as "picked unit."

However, since this is an AI, have you tried using the AI editor?
You can automatically make the computer player use any custom hero with an AI script, which is much easier to do.
If you want to look into this, this is the best AI editor tutorial I know:
Competitive AI Step by Step with AI Editor - Wc3C.net

You could always open the "GruntMaster" AI script made by Blizzard, too, to get a good feel for its setup and order.

Status
Not open for further replies.