• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ally/War System 1.3

You can change your ally setings buy entering some codes.
-ally player number > to be allied with that player number
-war player number > to declare war to that player number

Update 1.1

*Added automat war.If X player attacked X player,change alliance to war.

Update 1.2

*If you havent been attacked in 20 seconds,you'll make peace with enemie.

Update 1.3

*Changed the time bewteen "automat war".
*Added 6 each more players in map for better testing.
*Added a bit more documentation.

Keywords:
ally war system
Contents

Ally/War System (Map)

Reviews
17:54, 30th Nov 2008 Hanky: A very simple system. But well, it works correct and the triggering is the most effective, with GUI, makeable. Maybe you could add some more small documentation but else you done a good job. This system could be really...

M

17:54, 30th Nov 2008
Hanky:
A very simple system. But well, it works correct and the triggering is the most effective, with GUI, makeable. Maybe you could add some more small documentation but else you done a good job. This system could be really useful for some users who don't know how to do something like this.

Level 7
Rating - By Dark Destiny

Rating Values

0-15 Unacceptable
15-25 Okay
25-35 Good
35-45 Great
45-50 Uber
Ally System Review

Creativity 6/10
Triggers 8/10
Effects 6/10
Gui - Used for this spell. 9/10
JASS - No JASS in this spell.
VJass - No VJass in this spell.
---------------------------------------------------
Readme - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=lhcl4k
Overall Rating
29/50 - Good

Level 6
Yeah it seems nice, good for new map makers to learn (seriously, I learned by opening a lot maps and studying the triggers... *shy*). It's also faster for some people (lol me), juste copy pasting and TADAM!
Didn't saw triggers but seems nice!

Level 3
How do i make this work?

This sounds great for Lazy map maker(likemyself:wink:) And i wanted to use this but i cannot get it to work. can anny one tell me what i might be doing wrong?

Level 1
Feedback/Idea

Pretty good, but this might be better put as a Tutorial, but then again this way is good too because it can be used and classified as a system, and yes as you said easier for the lazy people. Overall its ok (3/5), and i agree with TheBlooddancer about the "if I attack you, I auto declare war!" system would be a good idea, maybe mix your system with that and the -ally blue thing intergrated as well would be overall (more likey) one of the best allying systems around, hmm, maybe if you don't want to take the time to do such a system, I might do it myself and post it. Its not too difficult at all i've already done it once for one of my maps.

And Hey if you need help doing so, PM me, i'd be happy to help! :thumbs_up:

Level 22
  • Automat War 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Enemy
      • Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Enemy
Could be optimized to be:
  • Automat War 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacked unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacking unit)) as an Enemy
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacking unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacked unit)) as an Enemy
      • Wait 20.0 seconds
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacked unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacking unit)) as an Neutral
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacking unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacked unit)) as an Neutral
Pretty much easier.

(The wait is for 'peace' if you havent been attacked in 20 seconds)

Level 4
didnt work :S im almost done with my map and all i need is ally system, i tried converting it to costum text but i didnt bother with the last trigger cuz i didnt want it to neutralise by itself, is that one needed 2??

Level 7
nevermind someone else answered that ^

but in the trigger set-up it is disabled because of the last 2 events-

-Add to ally the event (player- <blah blah blah>)
--Add to War the event (player- <blah blah blah>)

is this supposed to be disabled?

Level 11
Well, this has many lacks, I'm working on an ally system that fixes those lacks:

• You should only make auto-war if a player is attacked by a player that didn't ally him
  • You should give a feature to forbid declaring war on initial allies
  • You should support multiple color names (like grey and gray)
  • You should ensure that the ally-war messages are correct. It means 'declare war on sb/sth.' and not 'declare war with sb./sth.'. Also 'allied' sounds far better than 'declared an alliance with', since 'declared an alliance with' is not correct
  • You should give users a possibility to forbid partial alliances. So if player a wants to ally player b and writes '-ally #', then player b should get a request in form of a dialog and they ally each other if player b accepts the request. When a player declares war on another player, the other player declares war on player a.
  • You should forbid the player who allied another player for X seconds to declare war on him when he allied him ==> Reduces abuse of allying like finding out the others position.
  • You should also allow the command -unally
  • You should display the player names colored
  • You should add error messages (Already allied bla, cant ally yourself, have to wait, initial ally etc.)

Fullfill all features I listed and I'll give 5/5.
Until then my rating is 2/5