• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Resource System Allow creation of unpublished bundles (like drafts)

Anything to do with the resource system. Bundles, resources, upload, search.
I though of this to be something like uploading a youtube video and then setting a publishing date.
Sometimes I find myself not having the time of energy or the time to upload assets to big assets pack and add descriptions, lore, etc.
I would be nice to have a an asset pack be ready to be published at a press of a button.

EDIT by Ralle:
Ralle said:
My interpretation of this is that you have a checkbox on the bundle editor for "Published" that you can untick causing it to not be visible anywhere. This would allow you to update and enhance your bundle until it's exactly the way you want it and then you mark it published.

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I guess, you could first do the description in Pastebin and when it's ready put it in an actual pack thread and upload all the necessary resources then too.

The downside of this idea is that people could potentially make spam "locked" threads which might never be posted. So, maybe, they should be automatically posted after 1 month or so?