• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alleyway 2.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: meatfactory
(2) Alleyway

· Author: NM3
· Tileset: Lorderon Summer
· Suggested Players: 1v1
· Map Size: Small (96 x 128)
· Description:
None is fighting in an open area, if not forced to. Let the Alleyway be your ally on the road to glory and honor!

··· Contact via e-mail: [email protected] ···

· League(s): WC3CL

Gameplay:
· Fast expand: possible, but hard when intervened
· Militia creep: there are very few spots not in range of the Humans militia
· AoW-creep: Goblin Lab-spot is recommended, later on the ancient may support the creep every spot but the shop and the Murlocs, where no trees are near by.

Comment: Alleyway was my first project at mapping overall, and was reworked many times. In truth, it wasn`t ment to be played in a real league, but only on privat Lan-partys - notan unusual thing that time. This intension changed through the years and the map was used in the WC3CL quite some seasons.
Now i`d like you to provide some criticism and maybe new creativ injections.

allinonekopie.jpg

Current version: 1.8

1.8:
- fixed ramps, due to Line-of-sight-issues
- changed multiple Creepsets and according drops
- fixed / added some Doodats to improve Athmosphere and lower the possibilities to hide whisps
- changed description - including a mail-contact
- slightly changed Starting-positions for more space within the mainbase and to allow UDs to close the mine
- minor terraning-/ graphic-fixes

V.1.6/1.7 where just a sort of "in-procress-steps" to 1.8

2.0:
- recreated all cliffs mapwide, due to continuous problems with those Line of Sight-issues
- lowered CreepLvL of Spots 1 and 3 (no LvL3 from 4, 3 and 9)

- fixed some minor Dootad- and graphic-bugs
- slighly changed position of the mainbuildings (and adjusted according trees)
completly reworked the "bridgesolution".

Credits:
All of the comm around the WC3CL who submitted their suggestions, espacially Wels.

Keywords:
Alleyway, warcraft3, melee, map, two, 2, player, NM3
Contents

Alleyway 2.1 (Map)

Reviews
12:47, 12th Jun 2010 Rui: Useless itemtables and sometimes imbalanced drops. Neutral buildings should not be dropping items either. Rejected.

M

12:47, 12th Jun 2010
Rui:
Useless itemtables and sometimes imbalanced drops. Neutral buildings should not be dropping items either. Rejected.

NM3

NM3

Level 2
I know how to terrain meeles. Its not hard - but it requires a lot of training. But I also admit that the terrain is not really well done - also I hate those tiny paths - they are really killin me

thanks for having a look, may you point out, what to improve to make it a decent melee-map and whats the point about the terrain ?

ok - im not native english, but do my best in that challange ^^ (why that overrated description?)

which area do u mean to be empty ?

thanks for imba-rating ^^

Overrated description - Well it's the first time I see someone give so much detailed info on a melee map :cool:

Empty areas - In front of goblin laboratories and in front of gold mines (top right and bottom left - between them and the murlocs)