• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medicated 2.1

Medicated by Merc-Zero@azeroth and Zek-Zion@azeroth

Medicated is a map where players take the roles of various employees for the Generic Corporation which may or may not be doing illegal viral research involving reanimation of living impaired individuals.

The situation in Medicated is that the virus in question (Virus X) has been stolen by a group of Conspirators trying to sell/expose/use it. Having noticed the situation and being none too happy, the Generic Corporation has placed the facility on lock-down status and given those within an ultimatum. Destroy the Virus or be annihilated.

All players in Medicated fit into one of two major groups at any given time in normal game play mode, and each time they die and are placed in the shoes of a different employee, that team is liable to change. They are:

Conspirators: You have decided to get with your friends and steal Virus X. Good for you. But all the doors are now locked and people want you dead. Imagine that. So how do you escape? Well there are 3 major links to the outside world. The front door, the side door, and the freight elevator. All of which are behind Quarantine Doors. To open them you will need to activate the all clear signal from at least 5 of the 8 security stations, and then make it to them. However there are likely guards waiting at these exits to stop you. Good thing the ones at the top of the elevator are yours! Although, nothing says you couldn't kill the others..

Loyal Employees: Monday just got worse. Virus X has gone missing and you've been told if you don't tow the line on this one, you'll hang from it. Quick! Find Virus X and get it to the incinerator at the disposal room by any means necessary! And don't forget to cure anyone you may find who is infected, whether its with drugs or a bullet.

Panic Mode(New as of 1.9):
In Panic Mode (under 6 players) the goal of the game radically shifts when the Generic Corporation announces that the PPB(parts per billion) levels of Virus X have reached an alarming level and they plan to Purge (destroy) the Facility. The players have a very limited time to work together and escape while their co-workers fall victim around them during Panic Mode. Additional players will increase the difficulty of this mode in 2 ways. (1) Every player shortens the available time by 2 minutes 25 seconds. (2) Random infections become more frequent.

med2.jpg

med1.jpg

1.5:
New event added to random events
Fix for problem caused by attempt at a fix in 1.4
1.6:
Fix for new event in 1.5
1.7:
Air vents introduced as an alternate means of movement
1.8:
Power generators and breakers added.
Power outages can now be intentionally caused and must be manually reset for random event.
1.9:
Various bug fixes
Stacking added for drugs(up to 3)
Added "Panic Mode" for games with less then 6 players
2.0:
Made some minor adjustments
Fixed minor issues
2.1:
Damage Values rebalanced
Zombies made much much slower moving
The Incinerator Console will now show you inside the Incineration Room
The game has had a lot of features simplified in order to become more friendly toward newer players

Simplification Explanation:
Previously skills had required actual casting for things like using keycards and tech tools.

You may now right click on a door and the keycard should activated automatically if your character has the proper security clearance (Remember, Security Guards have highest and can open Security Doors with them but everyone elses just work on sliding doors)

You may now right click on doors to automatically activate Tech Tools and open them if you have a Tech Tool and lack security clearance (Want to open Security Door but not a Security Guard)

You may now right click on a broken Security Console while holding a Tech Tool to repair the console.

While aiming your GUN you may now right click on terrain to automaticly uproot and move to that point instead of having to hit the H key first.

Keywords:
Medicated, Zombies, Drugs, Research, Facility, Resident Evil, PvP, fun
Contents

Medicated 2.1 (Map)

Reviews
22:34, 2nd May 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 7
Looks interesting, will test and edit post once reviewed.

EDIT: Hard to find ppl to join... Might take a while be4 I've reviewed.

EDIT2: Okay, I played it, so here's my review:
I overall liked the map, although the map size is really way too big... Decrease the map size a lot, right now there's mostly no action going on at all... Also, please make several vendors giving away weapons, mops and all the other items. Right now the easiest way to get those items is to kill the owner. Which is odd... I would also like security officers to automatically shoot you if you attack or infect them. It's plain odd to stick an injection needle into a security officer and not see him shoot you...
Also, the shooting system is odd... I'd prefer just clicking a button to make myself stand still instead of all of this.
Another point, right now if you have a weapon you can't use any abilities or items unless you're standing still, which is really really weird and annoying.
That's pretty much it.
Overall: 3/5

Last edited:
I shall do the same as Ultimate_MapCreator and edit this post with a full review after testing out the game :p

Edit: Right, an intresting map design but there are a few things to be ironed out, anyway onto the review:

Review
Areas of review

Terrain - total of 5 marks
Triggering - total of 6 marks
Origionallity - total of 10 marks
Difficulty - total of 10 marks
inventivity - total of 5 marks
Replayability - total of 10 marks
Object data - total of 5 marks
Total Marks possible - 51
Rating

1-10 unacceptable - vote for rejection (1/5)
11-20 lacking - vote for rejection (2/5)
21-30 average - no vote (3/5)
31-40 good - vote for approval (4/5)
41-50 excellent - vote for approval (5/5) (+Rep)
51 Epic/Godlike - vote for approval (6/5) (+Rep)
Criteria

For a high Terrain mark the map must look beautiful/amazing, the terrain needs to make the game more enjoyable for the player as well as suit the game type.

For a high Triggering mark there must be no leaks and be efficiant.

For a high Origionallity mark, there needs to be as few of the same game type/genre as well as game style along with unique systems and suchlike.

For a high Difficulty mark the game very simply must be as balanced as possible.

For a high Inventivity mark the game should get around problems that other games may have faced before and achieved it well.

For a high Replayability mark the game should be able to be played many many times and still give something new to the player as well for them to enjoy it over and over again.

For a high Object data mark the map should have used custom resources/standard resources well, such as fitting icons, good descriptions and tooltips.

This map - MedicatedBeta8

Terrain: 3/5 - low tile variation however it still feels like some form of furturistic structure.

Triggering: 5/6 - mostly great however one or two things woulf be better change such as in the 'Drop gun' it'd be better if you found an alternative to using that wait, regardless of how short the wait is.

Origionality: 8/10 - the 2 points are lost due to there being millions of space/futuristic maps all over the place, such as parasite, metastatis, zerg infestation, rip-off of ones like those afore meantiond, Star wars maps, warhammer maps, etc.

Difficulty: 9/10 - as this is a PvP map it shall be based off on how hard it is to play as everyone is 'equal' as it were, and since this is a very straigh forward game you get 1 off top, might be a bit harder for the consipirators to learn first-off.

Inventivity: 3/5 - I love using the mop too much, anyway it has some very nice systems as well as a order of whos in charge and a cool zombie-raise-from-the-dead affect.

Replayablity: 7/10 - It might get a bit boring after a while but I can see it being played alot, maybe add some random events or some tricks you can do to spice up the game.

Object data: 4/5 - good use of object data but I feel theres just not enough things in the map to give it 5/5 on this

Final mark

Mark - 39/51 (4/5)
Rating - good
Vote - Approval
+rep - No, tiny amount of more work and yes
Beta Notice
As this is a beta, The mark shall not be counted as a rating, however all +reps if a 5/5 or higher achieved by a beta will not be given again if the mark is improved once the map has come out of beta. If they get a 5/5 higher in a beta the creator will still recieve +rep.
Please inform me when the map has come out of beta so that this review will be updated to match the map out of beta, if however you are proud of this review with this mark achieved in beta you can request another copy in either just below this one, just above this one, or in another post later on in the comments.

Last edited:
Level 1
You should add a scalpel...maybe some chemistry tables for the lab? anyways, i give it a repeating 3.5

At request of the creator of this map, I am to ive a new review:

Review
Areas of review

Terrain - total of 5 marks
Triggering - total of 6 marks
Originallity - total of 10 marks
Difficulty - total of 10 marks
inventivity - total of 5 marks
Replayability - total of 10 marks
Object data - total of 5 marks
Total Marks possible - 51
Rating

1-10 unacceptable - vote for rejection (1/5)
11-20 lacking - vote for rejection (2/5)
21-30 average - no vote (3/5)
31-40 good - vote for approval (4/5)
41-50 excellent - vote for approval (5/5) (+Rep)
51 Epic/Godlike - vote for approval (6/5) (+Rep)
Criteria

For a high Terrain mark the map must look beautiful/amazing, the terrain needs to make the game more enjoyable for the player as well as suit the game type.

For a high Triggering mark there must be no leaks and be efficiant.

For a high Originallity mark, there needs to be as few of the same game type/genre as well as game style along with unique systems and suchlike.

For a high Difficulty mark the game very simply must be as balanced as possible.

For a high Inventivity mark the game should get around problems that other games may have faced before and achieved it well.

For a high Replayability mark the game should be able to be played many many times and still give something new to the player as well for them to enjoy it over and over again.

For a high Object data mark the map should have used custom resources/standard resources well, such as fitting icons, good descriptions and tooltips.

This map - Medicated 1.1

Terrain: 3/5 - It looks pretty much the same to me.

Triggering: 5/6 - hmm, still needs more work to make it at peak efficiancy.

Originality: 8/10 - see first review

Difficulty: 9/10 - Better than before, I find that after a few plays this becomes really easy to play and is quite enjoyable.

Inventivity: 4/5 - Nice ideas, and some original systems too, I like it.

Replayablity: 8/10 - With the few changes I feel that it could be replayed alot, but for the same reasons as before hand, also, Spice up the endings for a better mark. atm the endings are very dull and somewhat disappointing.

Object data: 4/5 - see first review, also all the object/custom models etc. are all very fitting.

Final mark

Mark - 41/51 (5/5, Just)
Rating - Excellent
Vote - Approval
+rep - yes

Level 12
Tank Commander, I think the Originality part of your review is kinda of messed up. It is not his fault that there are many maps SIMILAR to this. Well, I have NEVER ever seen a map such as this. The idea is brilliant and innovative. It is somewhat near Resident Evil, but still... the other examples are stupid. You should change to 9/10.

Level 12
Well terrain is very nicely done for an interior, i don't think you could ask for more details there.
Gun system is horrible, honestly. No projectile, you "build" a yourself somewhere. You can't do anythign until you drop the gun. For some reason the SMG wasn't any stronger than the pistol, etc etc...
You should disable use of items/skills on things they can't do shit on. Like, disable using tech-thingy on anything but security doors, etc. Else it looks silly.
The airvents system was nicely done and useful, on a different note.
All in all it felt like it was lacking some rythm, but had potential.

Level 3
Well terrain is very nicely done for an interior, i don't think you could ask for more details there.
Gun system is horrible, honestly. No projectile, you "build" a yourself somewhere. You can't do anythign until you drop the gun. For some reason the SMG wasn't any stronger than the pistol, etc etc...
You should disable use of items/skills on things they can't do shit on. Like, disable using tech-thingy on anything but security doors, etc. Else it looks silly.
The airvents system was nicely done and useful, on a different note.
All in all it felt like it was lacking some rythm, but had potential.
The gun system is what the gun system is. You don't have to build, but you do have to "root". However the rooting system was simplified many versions back to be synonymous with the hold command. You hit hold and you auto-root where you are. I don't think I can make it much simpler then "Just hit hold". However even that does cause a short delay under most circumstances which was hindering. However in 1.9 I've fixed it so even that delay is gone. As far as the no missile comment, its a gun, why do you need a missile? I set it up the same way riflemen and gyrocopters are set up, so the "missile" effect is instant on the target. And finally I'd like to address your comment about the SMG. The SMG in this game is actually weaker then the pistol if you are talking straight damage, but it increases your attack speed. Why on earth would an SMG do more damage then a pistol? It just shoots faster.

Level 9
I played the map today and after less than 5 minutes i was defeated dunno how. We was 5 people playing and when the defeat message appear i was alive and wasn't even damaged. However the SMG is indeed weaker than most of the Pistols. I will try tommorow the map if i find time and will post what i think about it (hope i don't get defeated after 5 minutes again becase i realy don't have idea what ti do yet)

Level 1
You should really add a status board or something. It's very hard to know what's going on it's really hard to know which quarantine locks are unlocked. I agree with the others the gun system needs fixing.