1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Medicated 2.1

Submitted by AtomicSnowGlobe
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Medicated by Merc-Zero@azeroth and Zek-Zion@azeroth

Medicated is a map where players take the roles of various employees for the Generic Corporation which may or may not be doing illegal viral research involving reanimation of living impaired individuals.

The situation in Medicated is that the virus in question (Virus X) has been stolen by a group of Conspirators trying to sell/expose/use it. Having noticed the situation and being none too happy, the Generic Corporation has placed the facility on lock-down status and given those within an ultimatum. Destroy the Virus or be annihilated.

All players in Medicated fit into one of two major groups at any given time in normal game play mode, and each time they die and are placed in the shoes of a different employee, that team is liable to change. They are:

Conspirators: You have decided to get with your friends and steal Virus X. Good for you. But all the doors are now locked and people want you dead. Imagine that. So how do you escape? Well there are 3 major links to the outside world. The front door, the side door, and the freight elevator. All of which are behind Quarantine Doors. To open them you will need to activate the all clear signal from at least 5 of the 8 security stations, and then make it to them. However there are likely guards waiting at these exits to stop you. Good thing the ones at the top of the elevator are yours! Although, nothing says you couldn't kill the others..

Loyal Employees: Monday just got worse. Virus X has gone missing and you've been told if you don't tow the line on this one, you'll hang from it. Quick! Find Virus X and get it to the incinerator at the disposal room by any means necessary! And don't forget to cure anyone you may find who is infected, whether its with drugs or a bullet.

Panic Mode(New as of 1.9):
In Panic Mode (under 6 players) the goal of the game radically shifts when the Generic Corporation announces that the PPB(parts per billion) levels of Virus X have reached an alarming level and they plan to Purge (destroy) the Facility. The players have a very limited time to work together and escape while their co-workers fall victim around them during Panic Mode. Additional players will increase the difficulty of this mode in 2 ways. (1) Every player shortens the available time by 2 minutes 25 seconds. (2) Random infections become more frequent.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Version Notes

1.5:
New event added to random events
Fix for problem caused by attempt at a fix in 1.4
1.6:
Fix for new event in 1.5
1.7:
Air vents introduced as an alternate means of movement
1.8:
Power generators and breakers added.
Power outages can now be intentionally caused and must be manually reset for random event.
1.9:
Various bug fixes
Stacking added for drugs(up to 3)
Added "Panic Mode" for games with less then 6 players
2.0:
Made some minor adjustments
Fixed minor issues
2.1:
Damage Values rebalanced
Zombies made much much slower moving
The Incinerator Console will now show you inside the Incineration Room
The game has had a lot of features simplified in order to become more friendly toward newer players

Simplification Explanation:
Previously skills had required actual casting for things like using keycards and tech tools.

You may now right click on a door and the keycard should activated automatically if your character has the proper security clearance (Remember, Security Guards have highest and can open Security Doors with them but everyone elses just work on sliding doors)

You may now right click on doors to automatically activate Tech Tools and open them if you have a Tech Tool and lack security clearance (Want to open Security Door but not a Security Guard)

You may now right click on a broken Security Console while holding a Tech Tool to repair the console.

While aiming your GUN you may now right click on terrain to automaticly uproot and move to that point instead of having to hit the H key first.

Keywords:
Medicated, Zombies, Drugs, Research, Facility, Resident Evil, PvP, fun
Contents

Medicated 2.1 (Map)

Reviews
22:34, 2nd May 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 22:34, 2nd May 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Screenshots will be nice.

3. Ultimate_MapCreator

Ultimate_MapCreator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks interesting, will test and edit post once reviewed.

EDIT: Hard to find ppl to join... Might take a while be4 I've reviewed.

EDIT2: Okay, I played it, so here's my review:
    I overall liked the map, although the map size is really way too big... Decrease the map size a lot, right now there's mostly no action going on at all... Also, please make several vendors giving away weapons, mops and all the other items. Right now the easiest way to get those items is to kill the owner. Which is odd... I would also like security officers to automatically shoot you if you attack or infect them. It's plain odd to stick an injection needle into a security officer and not see him shoot you...
    Also, the shooting system is odd... I'd prefer just clicking a button to make myself stand still instead of all of this.
    Another point, right now if you have a weapon you can't use any abilities or items unless you're standing still, which is really really weird and annoying.
    That's pretty much it.
    Overall: 3/5

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  4. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I shall do the same as Ultimate_MapCreator and edit this post with a full review after testing out the game :p

Edit: Right, an intresting map design but there are a few things to be ironed out, anyway onto the review:

Review
    Areas of review

Terrain - total of 5 marks
    Triggering - total of 6 marks
    Origionallity - total of 10 marks
    Difficulty - total of 10 marks
    inventivity - total of 5 marks
    Replayability - total of 10 marks
    Object data - total of 5 marks
    Total Marks possible - 51

Rating

1-10 unacceptable - vote for rejection (1/5)
    11-20 lacking - vote for rejection (2/5)
    21-30 average - no vote (3/5)
    31-40 good - vote for approval (4/5)
    41-50 excellent - vote for approval (5/5) (+Rep)
    51 Epic/Godlike - vote for approval (6/5) (+Rep)

Criteria

For a high Terrain mark the map must look beautiful/amazing, the terrain needs to make the game more enjoyable for the player as well as suit the game type.

For a high Triggering mark there must be no leaks and be efficiant.

For a high Origionallity mark, there needs to be as few of the same game type/genre as well as game style along with unique systems and suchlike.

For a high Difficulty mark the game very simply must be as balanced as possible.

For a high Inventivity mark the game should get around problems that other games may have faced before and achieved it well.

For a high Replayability mark the game should be able to be played many many times and still give something new to the player as well for them to enjoy it over and over again.

For a high Object data mark the map should have used custom resources/standard resources well, such as fitting icons, good descriptions and tooltips.

This map - MedicatedBeta8

Terrain: 3/5 - low tile variation however it still feels like some form of furturistic structure.

Triggering: 5/6 - mostly great however one or two things woulf be better change such as in the 'Drop gun' it'd be better if you found an alternative to using that wait, regardless of how short the wait is.

Origionality: 8/10 - the 2 points are lost due to there being millions of space/futuristic maps all over the place, such as parasite, metastatis, zerg infestation, rip-off of ones like those afore meantiond, Star wars maps, warhammer maps, etc.

Difficulty: 9/10 - as this is a PvP map it shall be based off on how hard it is to play as everyone is 'equal' as it were, and since this is a very straigh forward game you get 1 off top, might be a bit harder for the consipirators to learn first-off.

Inventivity: 3/5 - I love using the mop too much, anyway it has some very nice systems as well as a order of whos in charge and a cool zombie-raise-from-the-dead affect.

Replayablity: 7/10 - It might get a bit boring after a while but I can see it being played alot, maybe add some random events or some tricks you can do to spice up the game.

Object data: 4/5 - good use of object data but I feel theres just not enough things in the map to give it 5/5 on this

Final mark

Mark - 39/51 (4/5)
    Rating - good
    Vote - Approval
    +rep - No, tiny amount of more work and yes

Beta Notice
    As this is a beta, The mark shall not be counted as a rating, however all +reps if a 5/5 or higher achieved by a beta will not be given again if the mark is improved once the map has come out of beta. If they get a 5/5 higher in a beta the creator will still recieve +rep.
    Please inform me when the map has come out of beta so that this review will be updated to match the map out of beta, if however you are proud of this review with this mark achieved in beta you can request another copy in either just below this one, just above this one, or in another post later on in the comments.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  5. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I see that you learned how to post screenshots, but if you want to know all about [rainbow]cool colored and large or small text[/rainbow] see this link
    Click on me :cute:

Map description is best way to introduce your map to others! Make it good and more people will try it :thumbs_up:

6. AtomicSnowGlobe

AtomicSnowGlobe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have tried to the best of my ability to make changes based on suggestions I have received. This map is an ongoing project for me and all input is considered and appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to try my map.

7. T.J.K

T.J.K

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should add a scalpel...maybe some chemistry tables for the lab? anyways, i give it a repeating 3.5

8. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please put your screenshots in hidden tags.

9. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At request of the creator of this map, I am to ive a new review:

Review
    Areas of review

Terrain - total of 5 marks
    Triggering - total of 6 marks
    Originallity - total of 10 marks
    Difficulty - total of 10 marks
    inventivity - total of 5 marks
    Replayability - total of 10 marks
    Object data - total of 5 marks
    Total Marks possible - 51

Rating

1-10 unacceptable - vote for rejection (1/5)
    11-20 lacking - vote for rejection (2/5)
    21-30 average - no vote (3/5)
    31-40 good - vote for approval (4/5)
    41-50 excellent - vote for approval (5/5) (+Rep)
    51 Epic/Godlike - vote for approval (6/5) (+Rep)

Criteria

For a high Terrain mark the map must look beautiful/amazing, the terrain needs to make the game more enjoyable for the player as well as suit the game type.

For a high Triggering mark there must be no leaks and be efficiant.

For a high Originallity mark, there needs to be as few of the same game type/genre as well as game style along with unique systems and suchlike.

For a high Difficulty mark the game very simply must be as balanced as possible.

For a high Inventivity mark the game should get around problems that other games may have faced before and achieved it well.

For a high Replayability mark the game should be able to be played many many times and still give something new to the player as well for them to enjoy it over and over again.

For a high Object data mark the map should have used custom resources/standard resources well, such as fitting icons, good descriptions and tooltips.

This map - Medicated 1.1

Terrain: 3/5 - It looks pretty much the same to me.

Triggering: 5/6 - hmm, still needs more work to make it at peak efficiancy.

Originality: 8/10 - see first review

Difficulty: 9/10 - Better than before, I find that after a few plays this becomes really easy to play and is quite enjoyable.

Inventivity: 4/5 - Nice ideas, and some original systems too, I like it.

Replayablity: 8/10 - With the few changes I feel that it could be replayed alot, but for the same reasons as before hand, also, Spice up the endings for a better mark. atm the endings are very dull and somewhat disappointing.

Object data: 4/5 - see first review, also all the object/custom models etc. are all very fitting.

Final mark

Mark - 41/51 (5/5, Just)
    Rating - Excellent
    Vote - Approval
    +rep - yes

10. shadow2632

shadow2632

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice, this will be good playing with people who take their role seriously.

Keep working on it.

11. Dragonite The 1337

Dragonite The 1337

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is mah buddy's map :D I'm a tester for this! :)

12. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I liked it, really..perfect work.:infl_thumbs_up:

13. mescovic

mescovic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone have any trouble hosting a game of this?
    I wish there was a bot hosting it!

14. Lilstriker

Lilstriker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty Cool, But the lady on the picture is scary :L.

15. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Screenshots are broken.

16. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you post a changelog? I see no new immplementations.

17. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tank Commander, I think the Originality part of your review is kinda of messed up. It is not his fault that there are many maps SIMILAR to this. Well, I have NEVER ever seen a map such as this. The idea is brilliant and innovative. It is somewhat near Resident Evil, but still... the other examples are stupid. You should change to 9/10.

18. ThatOtherGuy

ThatOtherGuy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds like fun, I'll download it and give it a try!

19. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    You know, the part of the game that mostly concerns me now is terrain, it's still pretty lame...
    You could add some more shelves, tables, chairs, computers equipment...