• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

All of the abillities casting at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello,
I am making an alternate melee map and one of the races is Trees, now instead of having them construct buildings I'm using the eat tree abillity to create buildings and units, which works fine untill the unit has the eat tree abillity and a copy of it, then it uses both abillities at once and the trigger glitches, and all that happens is the tree dies.

I know all the abillities are going off at the same time because all of their cooldowns start, even though only 1 abillity is being issued to be casted. I Have been trying to fix this but I cant figure it out, so I've decided to try my luck here.

Any Ideas or suggestions appritiated even if your not possitive if they will work I gots time to test them ^^.

Level 10
alright, I'll try that, actually is there a way by modifying the buffs and Use/turn on in the object editor to make it be a different abillity without having to remake all of the abillities? And there are only so many target abillities that deal damage. Everything for this race is going to be produced from a tree.

Level 6
If two abilities have the same string they will be used in conjunction when either one is cast. You have to use separate abilities, it has nothing to do with buffs or anything. If you run out of abilities to use, you'll have to use channel and trigger the spells' effects by hand. There is no way to save yourself any kind of trouble at this point, you have to redo the abilities and remember for the future never to give one unit the same ability modified more than once.

Level 10
well actually I tried the serch function and it came up blank, and if I change the "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On" in the object editor for all of the abillities then there supposed to not go off at the same time, well that didn't exactly work, I have found a temp solution though, by putting the abillities in different spell book abillities which are all in a single spell book the stuff seems to work fine, but looks sloppy.

If anyone knows of another way to do this I would still like to know, and please don't post unless your actually giving information.

Level 6
Excuse me for being a bit cranky here but–

Are you that fucking lazy? I'm serious. It takes 5 minutes to redo a spell in the object editor. If you had done 100 spells like this I could sympathize but honestly, if you don't have the attention span or patience to redo a few spells you will never succeed at mapmaking.

You'll likely have to redo spells again in the future too, when you realize certain aspects don't work or are imbalanced, you will have to constantly redo spells. If you're unwilling to do this much, you should just give up.

Learn from this mistake and don't make it again. There is no solution that will allow you to use the spells as they are, not any that won't be any more work than simply remaking them!

Yeap well they don't use the Search button so I guess it will never happen.

Anywho you need to change the string of one of the abilities to something else so they won't both be cast.

This does not work, if you edit the strings they won't do anything, they're basically hard coded. Channel is the only exception (and maybe spellbook, I can't recall).

Status
Not open for further replies.