1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Airships

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Raydin, May 13, 2019.

1. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    He attacks, but not only with airships, he also summons allied reinforcements from the east and west and and does other things I can't remember right now

2. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played a campaign once, I think it was an unfinished beta actually, in one of the missions your army & hero go against this wizard or archsorcerer, I don't remember exactly. When you start beating him and get close to his castle guess what he does??

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  3. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    idk,

My two best guesses are:

1) Summoned lots of reinforcements

2) Tried to teleport his castle away (since you said the antagonist was a wizard or magic-user of some kind)

4. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    The second one was close, but basically the castle flies away into the middle of a large nearby lake (idk how this worked trigger wise, they might've replaced the castle with an identical one that flies or done something else) and you had to get air units to take it down

5. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Creative stuff, I think it was meant to show how wizards are escape artists if anything

That sounds like an awesome campaign to play, instead of the usual destroy the structures to win goal, you need to create flying units and go after the castle in mid-air to win

6. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Alisia Dragoon campaign has a level set in midair (you control a hero unit attacking groups of enemies and a giant airship) with the camera as a Third Person Shooter, most of the difficulty comes from the camera being wonky and avoiding spells and attacks. If you follow that route, I would suggest removing standard attacks and making every attack and spell a ground-targeting ability.

7. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    You gotta give it to the authors of these missions, I mean that's not only some ingenious things but it switches the gameplay completely on you.

I mean in the map I mentioned you go from a normal melee type combat to training air units to destroy a floating castle, in what cleavinghammer mentioned you hunt down and destroy an airship in 3rd person and in what Phoenix mentioned you go from a melee situation into a battle where you must attack with air units only.

8. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Zepher

Idk about the Alisia example that was mentioned, but in my eyes what my example and yours both show is what lengths some leaders will go to in order to save their ass for lack of a better phrase

9. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's true, but it mimics real life, what I was trying to point out was how these actions drastically alter the gameplay. I really like that element; you think you'll storm the castle with your troops & heroes but you end up having to level it with airships.

10. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    In a red alert 3 there's a mission where your enemy tries to save a time machine by airlifting it and flying it away after his base is destroyed, similarly you have to destroy the airship carrying the device to win

11. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting as well

@-Phoenix- In that example with the duke or whoever destroying those bridges how much does the gameplay change as a result?

12. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK you go from invading his main base to gain access to his personal base to basically building up air units to destroy his personal base

13. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is the base well prepared against air attacks?

14. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't recall right now

15. Rem

Rem

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll look into it,
    btw in the duke mission once the bridges are down the duke upgrades lots of units, for example from scout towers to guard towers and archers have their hp upgraded to almost 600, as well as their range and damage

17. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Zepher ok I got it, Ill send you the stuff I managed to dig up shortly, but what I've found was an early beta stage map, only the following are complete:

Terrain
    Duke's personal base and External base
    Enemy Triggers

Trees and textures and missing on the bottom, forward base lacks units, lacks intro, I think some models may be missing

So all you're getting is basically an early beta, it has the personal base layout, the triggers for the mid cinematic, some customized units, but that's it.. so plz dont complain as that was all I could find

18. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    No worries, I'm grateful for whatever you send me

19. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    so? first thoughts?

20. Zepher

Zepher