• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Airfield (and aircraft!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Illidan's models use in game textures last time I checked, so don't go pointing fingers when you don't know what you're talking about.

Level 6
just a question about your map zt2211: You have ripped the sounds from C&C didn't you? I thought this wasn't allowed.

and a question to Illidian: the same as the up but about the skins.

and a general one - since I've seen many maps here with models created by the members but skin cannot look so good as not to be taken from a game (thus many of the models have a ripped texture from a game) aren't these things not allowed to be uploaded inlcuded in a map that is published etc? Ripping models isn't allowed, not that many game creators release notes to their model files , as they don't, but still, the icons, the textures,the sounds ? Explanations please.

Actually, I didn't personally rip these sounds and icons; I got the icons from this site, and I spent not a few hours collecting CnC sounds from different sources on the net. So, no, I didn't rip any sounds with the XCC mixer (which is actually on the site listed above).

Level 7
@ Chriz. And you can not take part when you don't know what I am talking about or mean.

zt2211&IllidianEvilX I wasn't asking you to blame you, I want to know how people make models from a game for my info. We have:
1. You try to recreate the model as accuratly as possible.
2. You skin it. Skin from where? Is it from legal sites? The link means nothing to me, do C&C creators know about that site ripping skin, if it is stolen from a game then how this is legal to be made a model and uploaded here with a stolen skin? How in fact do modelers add the skin to look exactly like in another game? Obviously they take it ready, yes I don't understand what you all do with the skins.
3. The same with sounds. It's not only C&C, there are many models from a game, uploaded in the resources. So what do ppl actually do so that their own models but with not own creation skin are ok to be uplaoded and legal?

Level 9
thx zt, i needed that site to remake my cnc. and zt2211 & Illadin(EVIL)x are cool guys. They're both legal doings, so let them be.
EDIT:eek:mg. um, i still cant figure out how to make tiberium(in my case, its ore)...Zt, can you make a map ( not a big thing or w/e, just one thin gin it) that has nothing but one edited tree how you edited it for ore? or just tell me how to make tiberium/ore like you did. i try everything and nothing works.
EDIT2: issue resolved.

Last edited:
Level 7
as I said, I don't mean they are making smth illegal, I just want to know how they are doing a legal model from a game using the same skin, looking the same as the in that game, ffs

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Like I said, Illidan doesn't use the textures from the game (to my knowledge) he finds suitable in game textures and maps them to his custom model, or he creates his own.

Level 6
Like I said, Illidan doesn't use the textures from the game (to my knowledge) he finds suitable in game textures and maps them to his custom model, or he creates his own.

Chriz. is right; Illidan's models are surprisingly small, yet they still look great. He also uses his own skins (He himself said that in this post.). Plus, he likes C&C, and he makes great C&C and RA models (plus some cool modern military weapons).

Status
Not open for further replies.