• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Airfield (and aircraft!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well, what I see is, 3 awsome maps. Thats all I care about, mine, Illidan's, and zt's. Im still curoius about if we should all together work on a new cnc map after we're all done ours, and make like, tiberian sun, renegade, red alert2, or generals.(i suggest generals)

WE WANT NOD SOLDIERS!

BTW, I think it's unbeleiveable how good illidan is, I think he IS a computer for being that good. (lol)

EDIT:MY SCRIN AVATAR ROCKS! THROUGH POWER COMES GDI! WOOT!

Last edited:
Level 13
No. Don't do Generals. That game makes me want to punch something. The graphics suck and the gameplay makes no sense (a rocket cant kill an infantry-man, wtf is with that) I suggest tiberium sun, something original to the Wc3 community. Red alert is being done by illidan and by the the progress hes made so far it wont be done untill maybe fall this year depending on current progress and staff. Also: while nod infantry WOULD be the sex please dont force illidan to do anything hes making these of his own free will and infantry are hard to model, try reading my post next time. Besides Illidan gave the impression he was making a GDI humvee witch automaticaly brings him up to godlike status to me, so show him some respect.

EDIT: and what does "THROUGH POWER COMES GDI!" mean.

Level 12
Yes. Do Command and Conquer Tiberian Wars.. That game makes me want to lovesomething. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay pwns all (units are all supremely balanced and 100% sensible) I suggest do not do tiberium sun or Generals, something original to the Wc3 community because we need to be fresh. Red alert is being done by illidan and by the the progress hes made so far it wont be done untill maybe fall this year depending on current progress and staff. Also: while nod infantry WOULD be the sex please dont force illidan to do anything hes making these of his own free will and infantry are hard to model, try reading my post next time. Besides Illidan gave the impression he was making a GDI humvee witch automaticaly brings him up to godlike status to me, so show him some respect.

EDIT: and what does "THROUGH POWER COMES GDI!" mean.*

*Thanks to Massive_Attack for the easily editable quote that I could change to my needs.

Level 6
No. Don't do Generals. That game makes me want to punch something. The graphics suck and the gameplay makes no sense (a rocket cant kill an infantry-man, wtf is with that) I suggest tiberium sun, something original to the Wc3 community. Red alert is being done by illidan and by the the progress hes made so far it wont be done untill maybe fall this year depending on current progress and staff. Also: while nod infantry WOULD be the sex please dont force illidan to do anything hes making these of his own free will and infantry are hard to model, try reading my post next time. Besides Illidan gave the impression he was making a GDI humvee witch automaticaly brings him up to godlike status to me, so show him some respect.

EDIT: and what does "THROUGH POWER COMES GDI!" mean.

*Thanks to Massive_Attack for the easily editable quote that I could change to my needs (I basically edited it to say "AHH!! DO CNC3 TIBERIUM WARS!!")

I never even considered Generals, mostly because it is already so much like Warcraft III in game play. Generals is a good game by itself (in my opinion), but it doesn't really share many characteristics with other C&C games. Now, Tiberian Sun would be FUN to make! Fantastic idea, actually, and maybe we can form a team to make the map sometime. However, I wouldn't participate in a team trying to make a map based off of C&C3: Tiberium Wars because a) it's new and easily playable, and b) EA isn't done experimenting with the game's units and structures, so I wouldn't want to do so until C&C3 has had its final expansion and major patches added.

Last edited:
Level 9
well, i said "Through power comes GDI" because GDI has all the best shiz. but yea, since my red alert map is good(but not as good as illidans), making a team would be great. and i was thinking, who would be the head of all of it? there would be the top 3 ppl, me, zt, and illidan. but one of the three is higher than the other two, you know, to have order or soemthing. cuz we dont want some noob(not saying we would have some) messing with the map without permission.

EDIT: ((By Massive Attack) Thanks to Massive_Attack for the easily editable quote that I could change to my needs (I basically edited it to say "AHH!! DO CNC3 TIBERIUM WARS!!"))

lol, funny, you should do that more, make us laugh

Last edited:
Level 6
I just noticed something about this C&C map: it's HUGE (in file size) :thumbs_down:
The source of this inflation is quite evident: I have too many large files imported. Unfortunately, several of these huge files are models or textures that I'm currently using for units. So, in order to fix this problem, I'm searching even harder to find replacements. Here is the list of fat culprits:
Concrete.GIF
ChemWarrior.GIF
commando.GIF
Grenadier.GIF

EDIT: YAY! I got some models that replaced several fat models (Thanks, Illidan!)

Last edited:
Level 12
Lol GDI's slogan: Shock and Awe. Got that off some internet site but it fits so well. If something needs to be killed, GDI gets it done and makes it look cool too (Mammoth tanks anyone?) And yes, I know Shock and Awe was the desert storm thing. Do you have an expected time for when you deem your map finished zt? (except for models of course)

Level 13
Not only are your infantry fat zt, they are ugly too. Perhaps if you imported just one model with no weapons and then added weapons on that model via attachments you can make all those infantry from just one model. I shall get a few links together for models if you like.

Edit: GDI does not use the strategy "shock and awe" much just look at this quote:

Shock and awe, technically known as rapid dominance, is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming decisive force, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of power to paralyze an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight.

GDI is like a really muscular fat child, if you get in a fight with it, it will come slow but powerful.

Indeed NOD would be more fit to a strategy like this. And yess mammoth tanks are awesome.

(furthermore the strategy requires the enemies morale is crushed, and that usualy does not happen when your facing an insane group of cultists who worship their "Messiah" as a god (example: war in iraq).

Level 6
Not only are your infantry fat zt, they are ugly too. Perhaps if you imported just one model with no weapons and then added weapons on that model via attachments you can make all those infantry from just one model. I shall get a few links together for models if you like.
Thanks for the links, man. However, I already went over these models some time ago. I'll reconsider them, perhaps I'll find them more fitting this time around.

umm, zt, can i have some some icons? i try to use the ones you post, but they have no size and can't be seen in game.

and lol, i love gdi, they can pwn anything :)

Actually, there's a tutorial for icon imports. Look here:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/icons.php
For a big list of C&C icons, take a look here:
http://xhp.xwis.net/

Level 12
Edit: GDI does not use the strategy "shock and awe" much just look at this quote:

Shock and awe, technically known as rapid dominance, is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming decisive force, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of power to paralyze an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight.

GDI is like a really muscular fat child, if you get in a fight with it, it will come slow but powerful.

Indeed NOD would be more fit to a strategy like this. And yess mammoth tanks are awesome.

(furthermore the strategy requires the enemies morale is crushed, and that usualy does not happen when your facing an insane group of cultists who worship their "Messiah" as a god (example: war in iraq).

They may be cultist, but no one looks forward to being crushed by a giant tank. And everything in that quote pointed to GDI more than Nod. Spectacular displays of power? GDi

Level 9
GDI RULES GDI RULES!!!! And Illidan, i know i've bugged you before, but here's my map. the build system worked before, but now it's not, and everything seems fine. I made it a little different than your's though, you have to make a ward, as in a basic building platform, and upgrade form there. but it won't work. the command center builds at start when you choose a faction, but nothing else will, why? please help

Attachments

• CommandNConquer19.0f.w3x
    2 MB · Views: 45
Level 6
Somebody gotta make some AI about now hey mates? That'd be totally tenacious. Nod and GDI both eh? This could turn out to be a total conversion/mod if you do gentz.

Actually, there is already a basic AI in the map, but I made it about six months ago and haven't touched it in weeks. I'm going to start testing the AI functionality with the new features that I installed now that somebody has asked about it.

Level 6
Do you have an expected time for when you deem your map finished zt? (except for models of course)

Sorry for not responding to this sooner. To tell the truth, I've lately been developing a quite a few tweaks for this map, and I've yet to finish the team version (it needs a suitable terrain, and it takes forever for me to make one). So, there is currently no ETA until completion.

Level 13
I think i could code in tiberium preety easily, just make it so it spawns constantly in tib fields at random intervals, preety basic. The only problem is that you need to make it so the tib fields slowly expand. Another neat thing is if tiberium slowly springs up all over the map at a slow interval, showing the slow decay of the earth. At least thats how i would do it.

Level 6
Sounds cool just can't wait so hurry up.

I've been working all day on this project, and I can safely say that I have completed a couple of cool features (more unit sounds, anyone?), and the AI is updated and working smoothly. Also, I've noticed talk about developing a Tiberium system. What exactly do you guys have in mind? Right now, Tiberium respawns in its pre-determined area through periodic "Create Destructible" triggers.

Level 13
Well as i said before it would be cool to have tiberium slowly poping up in random places on the map also: make it so when the tiberium spawns it rotates a random way to make all the crystals look a bit different.

Once again : Illidan, have you any news ?!

Level 9
well, illidan is probably hiding away working on his map for us to enjoy. what i wanna know is, how do you make those pictures of your names? example:prince Of Ice has one. Anyway, thanks zt for the website for the icons, now im gonna google for units sounds, unless you beat me to it...

EDIT: I forgot, one thing, if you wanna make some funny stick animations, simply download my attacment to make your own! if you wanna see SOME(not all) of the things you can do, look at my fisrt here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrD9irMPjFQ

:infl_thumbs_up: have fun!:infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• stick pivot animator.zip
    857.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 13
I wonder if he is making new models or not.... i remember seeing his titan in the WIP gallery so i suppose thats where he has been.. Still though only time will tell. By the way zt you are so lucky to have someone willing to make models help you....my Battlecruiser request is um.... begining to wither and die and i included like 10 screenshots and a massive tome of information.

Level 6
I wonder if he is making new models or not.... i remember seeing his titan in the WIP gallery so i suppose thats where he has been.. Still though only time will tell. By the way zt you are so lucky to have someone willing to make models help you....my Battlecruiser request is um.... begining to wither and die and i included like 10 screenshots and a massive tome of information.

Yeah, I know! I just don't understand why nobody would answer your request...that would be one awesome model to release...

Level 13
i dont know.... if WMA was still around i would have him do it. Unfortunately he seems to have taken a long extended break.

But yess, i do not understand how im supposed to make that request more appealing. Hell if no one does the request ill reskin that blasted model myself !

Level 19
well, illidan is probably hiding away working on his map for us to enjoy. what i wanna know is, how do you make those pictures of your names? example:prince Of Ice has one. Anyway, thanks zt for the website for the icons, now im gonna google for units sounds, unless you beat me to it...

EDIT: I forgot, one thing, if you wanna make some funny stick animations, simply download my attacment to make your own! if you wanna see SOME(not all) of the things you can do, look at my fisrt here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrD9irMPjFQ

:infl_thumbs_up: have fun!:infl_thumbs_up:

Look, that's the worst stick animator out there, I know I was a registered member at Pivot Animations before it crashed... hope that AI turns out well.

Level 9
lol, um wow, i guess, uh, WHO THE **** CARES!!!!!!I SPAMMED! WOOP DI DOO DAH! jk, ANYWAY! um, no one told me how to make those pictures of their names like prince of ics has or everyone else does. and i know that animator sucks, but doesnt the real thing cost $1000.00?

Level 12
The signatures? Herio-San is making them. Just post asking for one and you will be added to the (very long) waiting list. http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30275

Ok can we stay on topic? hate to be boring but please?

EDIT: Ok I just realized that Illidan made a really cool construction yard for us, yet we have no MCV.... don't you think theat they need to be together. It's like.... crust and pizza. you cant have one without the other. (Yes I know that sucked really bad)

Last edited:
Level 6
EDIT: Ok I just realized that Illidan made a really cool construction yard for us, yet we have no MCV.... don't you think theat they need to be together. It's like.... crust and pizza. you cant have one without the other. (Yes I know that sucked really bad)

Yeah, the Conyard is great, and an MCV would be great, too. However, it is important to point out the fact that pizza can be quite good without crust; it's just better when you have both.

Level 9
lol, um, anyway. yea, you both got a point. here's a better one, it's like amking a baby, you need a man and a women(it may sound gross or w/e , who cares). and im guessind zt loves yoshi cuz he always has a yoshi avatar; i like the new one better!

Level 6
lol, um, anyway. yea, you both got a point. here's a better one, it's like amking a baby, you need a man and a women(it may sound gross or w/e , who cares).
um...no comment
im guessind zt loves yoshi cuz he always has a yoshi avatar; i like the new one better!

Thanks!

Speaking of MCVs, nearly all of the units from the original C&C now have an appropriate model on the web. Interesting, no? Here's a list of the few that are currently without suitable models (or have a model but need a better one).

Last edited:
Level 12
Illidan has been inactive so I'm guessing he is either A) Working on something right now or B) doing something not related to Warcraft at all.

HINTS: The Temple of Nod requires a model more that anything else (my personal opinion, mainly because I want to see it, but that doesn't matter)

Level 13
Im satisfied enough by seeing all his latest projects like the titan. As one may probably tell the titan is my favorate unit in any C&C game (yess Chaos i realize you REALLY love your Zone troopers).

On the topic of Illidan, I have to agree with chaos on this one, as that is what i have come up with also.

Also, damn i have the perfect model for the recon bike, i got it off a russian site (not XGM, hail mother russia !) called Sidereal or something, point is it looks exactly like a recon bike. Ill see what i can do as far as finding the model and skin goes.

Oddly enough something compells me to belive i also have a sandbag model, ill get back to you on that one.

Another thing i agree with chaos about is the good temple. It is the most unlikely model from that list and i am 100% sure i have nothing that can represent that.

And then theres my humvee.... everyone knows what i feel on that paticular subject... I want my 'vees !

I can supply you with a semi-suitable radar model that bears resemblance to the one your asking for, looks more like a radio though.

Ill send you the links/models via pm hopefully before monday, wendsday at the latest.

Level 32
[off-topic]

1. Not thats its neccicary to mention this, but that was spam.
  2. pfft, bull $h!t. I didn't spam that one thing that says approved spam, F@#$ that bull $h!t. and whoever keeps giving me red jewls or w/e that tells shamless on my name, screw them too
    No offense I)eath2u4me but, yeah it's spam.
    The post has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Airfield (and aircraft!):
    it's just a useless post.

3. To view your reputation record, look at your public profile.

4. Review The Hive Workshop > FAQ > THW Rules > [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_spam"]Spam[/self]

5. Please learn Netiquette

Level 25
Alright, you know what? I may be a pot calling a kettle black on useless posts, but FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY I)EATH, SHRINK YOUR GODSDAMNED SIGNATURE

We have this thing called "Signature limits". Adhere to them

Oh, and yes, you did spam. Also, either swear or don't. Don't hide behind filter-avoiding words, because if we had a filter then we'd warn you for dodging it anyway

Level 9
lol. my signature is smaller now, and much btter thanks to Herio-San

EDIT: ugh, why do i bother, this website is too strict, no offense ralle or w/e. but i'm just saying, it seems like i get bad things for stupid stuff. anyway, zt2211, can you give me the websites to the place you got your unit sounds and icons from? i had my map done.......until i had to reset my computer and lose all my files(long story, im not getting inot detail). So im remaking my map form a previous version.

Last edited:
Level 7
just a question about your map zt2211: You have ripped the sounds from C&C didn't you? I thought this wasn't allowed.

and a question to Illidian: the same as the up but about the skins.

and a general one - since I've seen many maps here with models created by the members but skin cannot look so good as not to be taken from a game (thus many of the models have a ripped texture from a game) aren't these things not allowed to be uploaded inlcuded in a map that is published etc? Ripping models isn't allowed, not that many game creators release notes to their model files , as they don't, but still, the icons, the textures,the sounds ? Explanations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.