• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Airfield (and aircraft!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I dont bother trying, i know i cant so i use simple blunt sentences that get to the point. Now where were we... Oh yeah ! Flame tank ! Flame tank ! Flame tank

Level 9
this is really turning to a map project is it?

anyway...i think you need to figure how to make tiberium pits/towers as well...or else you cant work it out so well (resorces running out fast or a map overloaded with tiberium)

Level 12
Yeah, the tiberian does ru out kinda fast zt. Do you have a periodic timer or something that spawns tiberian so we don't run out? You could do that with little problem. About it being a project, I'm sure zt would recruit Illidan as a full time member if he got the chance.

Level 6
Yeah, the tiberian does ru out kinda fast zt. Do you have a periodic timer or something that spawns tiberian so we don't run out? You could do that with little problem.

Tiberium automatically respawns after a period of time, but slowly. My newest version includes a very nice addition that should make resource gathering smoother and more visually appealing! (I'll upload that map version here, since this map is just about done anyways, and I think it qualifies as "Completely playable, if not finished")

Someone requested a flame tank?

Texture path: Textures\FlameTank.blp

Attachments

• FlameTank.jpg
    FlameTank.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 78
  • FlameTank.mdx
    23.2 KB · Views: 77
  • FlameTank.blp
    15.6 KB · Views: 69
okay, but I'm pretty sure you still can't figure it out ...

JASS:
function IsWithinRange takes player p, real x, real y returns boolean
    local group g = CreateGroup()
    local unit u = null

call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(g, x, y, 800., null)

loop
        set u = FirstOfGroup(g)
        exitwhen u == null
        call GroupRemoveUnit(g, u)
        exitwhen GetOwningPlayer(u) == p and IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == true
    endloop

call GroupClear(g)
    call DestroyGroup(g)
    set g = null

if u != null then
        set u = null
        return true
    endif

set u = null
    return false
endfunction

Level 12
*drooling*
Illidan I would give you more rep, especially now that it's worth something but I can't. That is a sweet flame tank. I really like the fire too. Good job! I just realized that you haven't made many GDI models. I think we need some, although most have been covered already. Hmmmm.....

ok, i think you gave me a wrong script
No, thats the one I'm using.

Maybe you should try this trigger instead:
  • BuildingCloseToBase
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set temp_location = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set temp_group = (Units within [COLOR="Blue"]YourRange[/COLOR] of temp_location matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and ((Life of (Matching unit)) Greater than 0.00))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in temp_group) Less than or equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- [COLOR="Blue"]The point value of the unit should be the same as the cost[/COLOR] --------
          • Player - Add (Point-value of (Triggering unit)) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
          • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Must place the building closer to your base!
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from temp_group
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_temp_group)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_location)

Level 9
yo illidan, i can't even say how much i appreciate you helpin me, and how good you are. tahnks man.

yea............what are the variables, and whats do i put them as, like, give everything about the variables to use.

oops...........nvm, i figured them out... heh, heh. :p

wow, i must be dumb, i can't find a single thing after the set temp_group action. that action and everything before it, i got, but everything else i can't find. wtf, its not in the game, how did you get those things in the trigger?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. quadruple post.
Ever heard about the edit button?

• BuildingCloseToBase
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins construction
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set temp_location = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set temp_group = (Units within YourRange of temp_location matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and ((Life of (Matching unit)) Greater than 0.00))))
  • [COLOR="Red"]"If / Then/ Else, Multiple Functions"[/COLOR]
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
  • [COLOR="Red"]"Integer Comparison -> Unit - Count units in unit group"[/COLOR]
    • (Number of units in temp_group) Less than or equal to 1
    • Then - Actions
      • -------- The point value of the unit should be the same as the cost --------
  • [COLOR="Red"]"Player - Add Property"[/COLOR]
    • Player - Add (Point-value of (Triggering unit)) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
  • [COLOR="Red"]"Unit - Remove"[/COLOR]
    • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
  • [COLOR="Red"]"Game - Text Message (Auto-Timed)"[/COLOR]
    • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Must place the building closer to your base!
    • Else - Actions
  • [COLOR="Red"]"Unit Group - Clear"[/COLOR]
  • Unit Group - Remove all units from temp_group
  • [COLOR="Red"]"Custom Script"[/COLOR]
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_temp_group)
  • [COLOR="Red"]"Custom Script"[/COLOR]
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_location)

Level 9
uh yeah..........i did all of that, but for some reason, it disables it on me, and one part is messed up where i can't find it at ALL. I know your busy, but can you do it for me? its done for you, you just gotta do one thing, fix one part of the temp_group, or maby 1 other thing, can you fix it for me? please?:emote_scared: :emote_cash: :emote_grin: :emote_sad:
Here's the URL:

http://epicwar.com/maps/18744/

I mean, its not hard to fix some tiny things right? RIGHT?......Well, i hope you can have some time for this, and if you do, just send it to me somhow, either on a website, email, or whatever else there is to do it.
my email is: [email protected]

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mechanicle Man-OMFG! Quadruple post

lol, o well, i didnt mean too but whatever. i just love illidans work, its so, so, so, good. if i had 3 wishes, this is what they would be:
i wish i had 10000000 wishes, i wish i was BETTER than illidan, i wish i was the richest in the world, other stuff.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

So you double post after being told not to quadruple post?

Don't do it. I merged all of your posts.

Level 7
zt2211 I think you should wait till its done to post on the hive maybe?Btw awesome models Illidan all the users who are gonig to play thing map thank you.

Level 13
Im going to be dead serious here, The only GDI model from TD i would have a problem finding is the GDI humvee. There are no humvee models on any Wc3 site Trust me i checked. Theres a civilian hummer in the reasource section but its anims are screwed up. Please ! consider making a humvee, If you do i highly recommend submiting it to the reasource section. Topics and forums may decay and die but reasources live on.

So again PLEASE consider making the GDI humvee light reconaissance vehicle.

Level 13
Oh wow. Just Wow. You really caught me off guard there. Thats fantastic, i dont even think EA could have done it that well.

So i guess after thats done then MAYBE you will CONSIDER making the humvee.

The United Nations Global Defense Initiative Multiple Launch Rocket System (UNGDIMLRS :grin: )
Texture path are:
Textures\MLRS.blp

Im going to be dead serious here, The only GDI model from TD i would have a problem finding is the GDI humvee. There are no humvee models on any Wc3 site Trust me i checked. Theres a civilian hummer in the reasource section but its anims are screwed up. Please ! consider making a humvee, If you do i highly recommend submiting it to the reasource section. Topics and forums may decay and die but reasources live on.

So again PLEASE consider making the GDI humvee light reconaissance vehicle.
So i guess after thats done then MAYBE you will CONSIDER making the humvee.
maybe.. maybe..

Attachments

• MLRS_PicNoCred.jpg
    MLRS_PicNoCred.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 111
  • GlobalDefenseInitiative_MLRS.mdx
    32.5 KB · Views: 58
  • MLRS.BLP
    17.1 KB · Views: 67
Level 13
It means he's going over how they act in C&C and is figuring out ways to include them in his map. BTW: I could code a sub into this game with my eyes closed, why has it been there so long !

Also: Request whatever you want if you look back a few posts you'll see illidan has been primarily accepting requests from you (zt2211) Im just saying that a humvee would be extremely usefull, unless your keen on using some other random and inaccurate model, i know im not.

Level 6
W00t we got another stealth tank water! Zt, what does your sig mean when it says unti under evaluation?

unit under evaluation = unit under evaluation. I'm just looking over either the unit itself (like the model or unit values) or I'm looking over the concept. usually, it means that I'm editing something about the unit.

It means he's going over how they act in C&C and is figuring out ways to include them in his map. BTW: I could code a sub into this game with my eyes closed, why has it been there so long !

Also: Request whatever you want if you look back a few posts you'll see illidan has been primarily accepting requests from you (zt2211) Im just saying that a humvee would be extremely usefull, unless your keen on using some other random and inaccurate model, i know im not.

Well, the reason I still have the sub there is because I'm not done loading a suitable model for it yet. Also, the new signature restrictions will only let me upload a single image, so I'm keeping my current one until it is completely out-dated by map development! Also, I do think a humvee model would be a great addition, it really would be a versatile model that anyone could use (especially if it gets a turret-mounted machinegun!)

Level 13
The map is fine btw, i decided to play it a few days ago. Things i would like to see: Change the "builder workers"'s models , More models for either side (there are many MANY better models than what you are using for some stuff, example: The infantry). If you want i could dig up some more suitable stuff but since my internet has been... hatefull towards Battlenet recently i doubt i would be able to give much time on the mod.

Edit: On the topic of infantry: Please don't ask him untill he is done the vehicles as there are many Infantry models available on multiple sites so we can always use a placeholder untill illidan either A: get bored or B: finishes making vehicles or decides hat he wants to infantry just for a change of pace. Infantry are generaly harder to model and animate anyway so i am not suprised he has not made any already.

Status
Not open for further replies.