• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Air/lightning based defensive ability for a boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have an arcade mini-map in my campaign in which you sail around on a boat and fight other boats, land units on the beach, and some flying units. Later in the map you can activate a "levitational" and this makes your boat fly up in the air and you turn into a skybarge for a bit. I use a custom movement system (i.e. a momentum or missile system).

I want to have elemental defensive abilities but I cannot think of a good one for air/lightning. The ability cannot target a unit or point; it must have no target (e.g. like "stop" or "hold position" or "summon water elemental"). I can make the ability fire forward automatically, but the player cannot target it.

Here are the others for comparison:

FIRE - Fire transfer. This only works if your ship is below 70% and - therefore - will be on fire. The ability shoots your fire onto a random nearby enemy ship, increasing your HP enough to extinguish one fire and damaging them enough to cause 1 fire.

WATER (only works in boat form) - Submerge. You drop below the waves becoming incapable of attacking (though you can still turn) and invulnerable. If you click it again you will resurface. Resurfacing under enemy boats kills them.

EARTH - Stoneform. You turn your boat to stone, becoming invulnerable for a period of time. If activated in the air, you will drop to the ground and smash enemy units below you, cancelling the effect after you hit them.

The more times you beat the game the more of these you can unlock, so I don't want them to be identical (i.e. making an air-tornado that makes you invulnerable is no good).

Maybe of my missiles use the custom movement system, but not all of them, so I cannot use an ability that blows away enemy attacks or anything like that (despite the fact that this would be cool).

Does anyone have any good ideas? Something with fog could be cool...or lightning, wind. If anyone has a model in mind for the effect that could help too.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Something with fog could be cool

Hm, what about this:

WIND ( fog): Being in trouble, the ship spreads fog to become hidden from its enemies ( ship becomes invisible while in the fog area OR it has a fog area attached, but ship can still be hit by random, non-target missles). Ships that move into the fog are slowed due to the wet air. After the fog start to dissolve, the ships strikes out the fog to surprise-attack its enemies ( more movement speed for a very short time OR/AND damage after invisibility is uncovered/ship attacks)

Fog Models: Multiple of this
or recolor of these http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/cloudoffog-50020/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D200%26u%3DJetFangInferno, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/cloudoffog-50164/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D200%26u%3DJetFangInferno.

I also know there is a really good fog model in the map 'Iceborn' ( map can be opened in WE)

61082607261be034ed69b5331061e79e.jpg

Level 28
Lightning: fires a lightning bolt directly ahead of the ship while on water. Fires several lightning bolts directly below the ship if flying (also stuns) in an area.

Wind: Massive movement boost, but cannot stop while active (ie, the ship keeps going in a straight line if told to stop).

Tornado: Catches the ship in a tornado, making it airborne. Fires all the ship's spells at once in a random direction before landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.