• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need ideas of intersections between water, fire earth and air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
im doing an avatar-like map, in which the terrain is manipulated by the user, so I want to know what elements should be manipulated for:

Water + Earth = ??? (Plants, dominating the water they have inside, and the earth they have below?)
Water + Air = ??? (Ice? For the cold air and the water? Vapor? What else?)
Water + Fire = ??? (Vapor? maybe 'Magic'[just physical energy]???)
Earth + Air = ??? (Maybe this 'Magic thing for combining different poles? Healing?)
Earth + Fire = ??? (Magma?)
Air + Fire = ??? (Maybe thunder? Or heat? or what else?)

Thanks in advance

Level 12
im doing an avatar-like map, in which the terrain is manipulated by the user, so I want to know what elements should be manipulated for:

Water + Earth = ??? (Plants, dominating the water they have inside, and the earth they have below?)
Water + Air = ??? (Ice? For the cold air and the water? Vapor? What else?)
Water + Fire = ??? (Vapor? maybe 'Magic'[just physical energy]???)
Earth + Air = ??? (Maybe this 'Magic thing for combining different poles? Healing?)
Earth + Fire = ??? (Magma?)
Air + Fire = ??? (Maybe thunder? Or heat? or what else?)

Thanks in advance

WE=Mud-Slows and can be layed down like traps
WA=Drizzle/fog (Used for Auras and Trankquility type spells)
WF=Acid (Water THat Burns Like Fire)
EA=Sand-Blinds
EF=Explosive SUbstances-ANything that if you were to touch would burn you
AF=Corrosive air (Auras and stuff...)

Air=Area of Effect
Water=Slow/Dispel/Heal effects... Needs a big wave
Fire=Burning effects
Earth=Solid wuteva......

Last edited:
Level 10
i liked your ideas...

About your opinion in the 4 elements...I already have them.
The element units will be controled through arrow keys.
Look:
Air has the ability to blow enemies away and do indirect damage, throwing them against cliffs, holes, water or theirselves. Is very strategic and of a clever-usage, and can be used anywhere, anytime.
Earth is so mana consuming, but the damage is really heavy, can be used at anywhere except for deep water, and when considerable speed is gotten, it is a certain death to its victim.
Water is very powerful, not much mana is used, good to 'counter' attacks and shielding, but can only be used near a considerable water surface, water is much stronger during the night. Water has a great splash radius.
Fire is very effective, since it deals damage overtime, and it can be created out of thin air. It's good for beginners, for it's very simple to use. From 11 PM until 1 AM it is impossible to create any fire. While noon, it has a incredile power.

Level 12
i liked your ideas...

About your opinion in the 4 elements...I already have them.
The element units will be controled through arrow keys.
Look:
Air has the ability to blow enemies away and do indirect damage, throwing them against cliffs, holes, water or theirselves. Is very strategic and of a clever-usage, and can be used anywhere, anytime.
Earth is so mana consuming, but the damage is really heavy, can be used at anywhere except for deep water, and when considerable speed is gotten, it is a certain death to its victim.
Water is very powerful, not much mana is used, good to 'counter' attacks and shielding, but can only be used near a considerable water surface, water is much stronger during the night. Water has a great splash radius.
Fire is very effective, since it deals damage overtime, and it can be created out of thin air. It's good for beginners, for it's very simple to use. From 11 PM until 1 AM it is impossible to create any fire. While noon, it has a incredile power.

I dig it! Makes a lot of sense
I love elements that make sense
Air blowing people around...
Water seems a little Magic The Gathering like.... I dunno.... SHould water be powerful?
-I say in large amounts yes... but slow... in small amounts Powerful but quicker....

It sounds like your using the environment and daytime as variables to effect spells...
Consider Dis-When your unit has no water, Their techs will make it impossible to use Water spells...
-When have a bucket (An Item) Remove/Add Ability for a small type of ability
-When right next to a stream, Remove/Add ability for a larger type of ability

Yay or nay?

Adding orb abilities to create a sort of pokemon type capture element situation so you can use single target spells wherever you want whenever you want

Spellbook
-Capture Element (Can capture up to 3 elements)
-Combine Captures

THe spells will only work as single target though.... TO avoid "1337"ness

Level 10
I dig it! Makes a lot of senseI love elements that make senseAir blowing people around... Water seems a little Magic The Gathering like.... I dunno.... SHould water be powerful?-I say in large amounts yes... but slow... in small amounts Powerful but quicker....It sounds like your using the environment and daytime as variables to effect spells...Consider Dis-When your unit has no water, Their techs will make it impossible to use Water spells...-When have a bucket (An Item) Remove/Add Ability for a small type of ability-When right next to a stream, Remove/Add ability for a larger type of abilityYay or nay?Adding orb abilities to create a sort of pokemon type capture element situation so you can use single target spells wherever you want whenever you wantSpellbook-Capture Element (Can capture up to 3 elements)-Combine Captures THe spells will only work as single target though.... TO avoid "1337"ness
Yea, thats my main objective, it should make sense.But it`s quite hard to believe that water is powerful, but this is a balancing issue, it cant be WEAK, just usable in WATER surfaces, etc etc...
Air either would be too powerful.
Water if used with an incredible pressure or in a massive quantity, is suitable to deal big damages.
Water can be carried along without consuming much mana, but I think I will make it possible to carry them in a bucket.
There will be a spellbook of element manipulation, and combine actually exists.
As you said, some elements can only focus one target. Well, air focus often a cone, and every unit inside it, and it isnt an element to be carried along with you, since it`s everywhere, Water needs to shock with a unit or building or cliff to splash, and depending on the distance from the splashing point, and the speed gotten so far, the damage will be bigger, to every unit near it.
Only earth, can focus a single target.
Fire continously focus a small region.

The Intersections are:
Water + Earth = Mud (Earth damage with water splash)
Earth + Fire = (Still not known)
Fire + Air = Thunder (unreliable instant single target damage)
Air + Water = Cold (Actually the ability to convert a water element into ice, which can be used to create a fog as well)
Earth + Air = Sand (It`s just like air, but a heavier damage, and only used on the sand {not grass}, decreases greatly the sight)
Fire + Water = Acid (Water that deal area damage overtime while being manipulated)

Level 12
Yea, thats my main objective, it should make sense.But it`s quite hard to believe that water is powerful, but this is a balancing issue, it cant be WEAK, just usable in WATER surfaces, etc etc...
Air either would be too powerful.
Water if used with an incredible pressure or in a massive quantity, is suitable to deal big damages.
Water can be carried along without consuming much mana, but I think I will make it possible to carry them in a bucket.
There will be a spellbook of element manipulation, and combine actually exists.
As you said, some elements can only focus one target. Well, air focus often a cone, and every unit inside it, and it isnt an element to be carried along with you, since it`s everywhere, Water needs to shock with a unit or building or cliff to splash, and depending on the distance from the splashing point, and the speed gotten so far, the damage will be bigger, to every unit near it.
Only earth, can focus a single target.
Fire continously focus a small region.

The Intersections are:
Water + Earth = Mud (Earth damage with water splash)
Earth + Fire = (Still not known)
Fire + Air = Thunder (unreliable instant single target damage)
Air + Water = Cold (Actually the ability to convert a water element into ice, which can be used to create a fog as well)
Earth + Air = Sand (It`s just like air, but a heavier damage, and only used on the sand {not grass}, decreases greatly the sight)
Fire + Water = Acid (Water that deal area damage overtime while being manipulated)

I'm thinkng...
Water should just dispel....
But Make Dispelling extremely important (Stuns, and Damage over time)
Just cuz In reality water does very little....
It is a magic dispeller... any spell it stops... and maybe does a bit of silencing... maybe...

Earth/fire-Summons? Are Man Firey Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.