• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI related toppic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Does anyone know where I can find the AI used by wc3 in standard melee maps (I want to edit that AI so I can teach it to use Tavern Heroes).

I would also like to know if someone made some custom AI scripts for traditional Melee maps.

Finaly, if possible could people here on the forums give me examples of easy to comprehend strategies for wc3 editor engine so I can create AI for my altered melee maps.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The melee AI scripts are inside Warcraft III's main data archives (MPQs). Use MPQEdit to open these archive files and to extract files from them.

Chances are the AI is only in script form, hand written JASS before the AI editor existed or to bypass limits it had.

Finaly, if possible could people here on the forums give me examples of easy to comprehend strategies for wc3 editor engine so I can create AI for my altered melee maps.
One can use the AI editor to make some rough AIs. These AIs are not that good and outside of strong build orders or cheating they offer little challenge to humans. If you want to learn how the AI editor works I think you can use the "(4)Monolith.w3x" TFT scenario as a reference as I recall it containing AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.