• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neutral AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Can I override the default Neutral, as in player 13 (neutral), AI somehow? (besides manually triggering their every action) I tried to just make a custom AI for it (Melee(ish) map so it's good enough) this however didn't seem to work.

As it is all they do is put their 5 starting workers to mine gold, with or without running melee scripts and the map specific custom AI.

Update: Just making some changes to things like allies/enemies and neutrals sleeping then adding a normal (or custom) AI script is enough for getting them to at least play melee.

Edit: Sort of related question, can you import custom team color? Then you can probably use 3 extra neutral for CPU and let Neutral Hostile stay default for creep camps.

Last edited:
Level 15
Cool question. I wonder if the same be done for Neutral hostile...would add two additional AI players.

If not then I guess you'd have to write your own AI script in JASS.

If you're doing a simple AI in a restricted domain, I'd check out the Castle Fight AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.