• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] AI Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, honestly it is my first time to touch the AI Editor, although i've been modding shit for almost 4 years from now.

attachment.php

Seriously, i'm really pissed off seeing these peasants gathering shit from the gold mine, "they just gather gold, why the hell these peasants don't construct buildings, why they don't gather lumbers?."

attachment.php

There you will see that peasant are suppose to gather lumbers and golds, but the problem is they are not following the AI, they just gather gold, they dont construct the houses and the blacksmith,,

I already tried searching AI Tutorials and all of them were'nt helpful at all.

Any help?

---

• AI Run
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: AI TESTING...
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant [Barbarians] for (Owner of Town Center [Barbarians] 0059 <gen>) at (Position of Town Center [Barbarians] 0059 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant [Barbarians] for (Owner of Town Center [Barbarians] 0060 <gen>) at (Position of Town Center [Barbarians] 0060 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant [Barbarians] for (Owner of Town Center [Barbarians] 0061 <gen>) at (Position of Town Center [Barbarians] 0061 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant [Barbarians] for (Owner of Town Center [Barbarians] 0062 <gen>) at (Position of Town Center [Barbarians] 0062 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Change ownership of Archery [Custom] 0073 <gen> to (Owner of Town Center [Barbarians] 0062 <gen>) and Retain color
      • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\EuricaBarbarianAI.ai
      • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 3 (Teal): war3mapImported\EuricaBarbarianAI.ai
      • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 4 (Purple): war3mapImported\EuricaBarbarianAI.ai
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) handicap to 5.00%
Triggers.
*It has no event but there is one trigger that will force this trigger to run.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_061415_010417_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_061415_010417_01.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 252
  • AIEDITORPREVIEW.jpg
    AIEDITORPREVIEW.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Level 21
Ok and can you show the triggers you used to turn on AI? That build list is too simple for AI to get confused so either AI lacks resources to construct or AI isn't turned on at all.

And if you think triggers are not an issue then did you remember to set Computer Players in Scenario Properties. Or in Scenario Properties - Force did you check "fixed player settings".

Level 21
That still wouldn't explain why only 5 workers are sent to gold and 5 stand around instead of harvesting wood. Issue can be only that AI is failing to turn on or that AI peasants for some reason lack ability to construct house and blacksmith.

Honestly I am still betting that the issue is with AI starting. Tempted to ask for map itself to see the issue more clearly.

Make sure that you don't start default melee ai in initialization trigger.
Yes...

Anyway, i think Ai dont build custom buildings and they do build standard buildings, i guess i have to replace the standard buildings to make it work.

So far i did'nt hear any useful suggestions, i think i have to fix it on my own.
Thanks for the help

Level 21
How did you set "Custom Data: Using Map data". That picture shows that you didn't import any custom data in AI Editor yet first picture shows you do use custom units/buildings. How did you do that?

AIEditor.jpg

And sorry for being useless but I am working only with pictures I see and not with the actual thing. All I can do is guess every single minor thing.

Can you attach the object editor data? There may be something there that interferes with the AI (requirements, abilities missing, etc.)

I have used the AI editor with custom units and it worked just fine for me.
If you're interested, ill give the map to you. :) I feel like i did a mistake in the object editor or on the terrain.

How did you set "Custom Data: Using Map data". That picture shows that you didn't import any custom data in AI Editor yet first picture shows you do use custom units/buildings. How did you do that?

aieditor.jpg

And sorry for being useless but I am working only with pictures I see and not with the actual thing. All I can do is guess every single minor thing.
I already imported it yesterday and saved it in the map, after loading it few hours ago , it disappeared but still load the custom units i have imported (i think it is just an editor bug)

Status
Not open for further replies.