• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ai Attack Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys i know i have already made a couple threads on the same topic about Ai's, but there is something about attack waves in Ai's that i still can't understand about. I want to know how to use the Attack Group Delay, Minimum Forces, Initial Delay, Repeat Waves and Target Priorities. Can anybody explain this to me.

Level 17
Attack Group Delay - The time between the last attack and a new one to form. I think this sets it after Initial Delay.
Minimum Forces - The minimum amount of forces required for an attack to perform.
Initial Delay - The initial delay since the AI script was run for the computer player, I think this runs only once and then Attack Group Delay sets in. It's basically the time between the script initialization and first attack wave.
Repeat Waves - How many waves of the same type to repeat attacks before forming a new assault group, if you have more than 1 attack groups.
Target Priorities - What kind of targets are more important, eg. Creeps, Expansion Gold Mine, Enemy Base, etc...

Level 9
Attack Group Delay - The time between the last attack and a new one to form. I think this sets it after Initial Delay.
Minimum Forces - The minimum amount of forces required for an attack to perform.
Initial Delay - The initial delay since the AI script was run for the computer player, I think this runs only once and then Attack Group Delay sets in. It's basically the time between the script initialization and first attack wave.
Repeat Waves - How many waves of the same type to repeat attacks before forming a new assault group, if you have more than 1 attack groups.
Target Priorities - What kind of targets are more important, eg. Creeps, Expansion Gold Mine, Enemy Base, etc...
About the "Minimum Forces" part what if i have 4 attack groups should i set it to the last or 4th attack group to be able to perform correctly or the first attack group will do?

Edit:About the "Initial Delay" and "Attack Group Delay" i'm abit confused so if initial delay is set in 60seconds the Ai will have wait 60seconds and then do the "Attack Group Delay" which if it is also set to 60seconds mean that the Ai will wait another 60seconds and then attacks? and then so on and so forth to other attack groups? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.