• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age of the Lost Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a map, HIGHLY WIP, right now I'm at a loss for ideas. I will give a quick summary of what this map will be like when it is done. This map will be an RPG, where you have a single town, but there will be MANY MANY different types of terrain you get quests from the quest board, and they will be set to different levels, told to you in the form of stars, a low level quest would equal 1 star, * and a high level quest would equal 10 stars **********. I right now need a name for my RPG and a MULTITUDE of spell and ability ideas. There are two different kinds of spells, Magic and Abilities, each uses a seperate system for cost, so for spell and ability ideas you have to specify whether it uses Mana, Energy or Both. So in a quick recap I need a name for the map and lots of spell and ability ideas.

Last edited:
Level 10
If you need a name you shall post the summary of it right now! I suggest something like The Chaotic Era or Age of the Lost Power. If you tell us about the map I can name it more accurate. I think it will be a very good RPG considering the others you can find on the net as most of them lack many things. I wish you good luck with your project and please inform about the exact summary of it!

Level 2
valkemiere: This is development, not a request I am already working on the map.
Hawk07: Thankyou for the kickass name ideas, I'm thinking about Age of the Lost Power, definately a good name. And I will get to work on a summary, ASAP, I will repost it here in this thread and ask if I should keep it to this thread or start a new one.

Level 10
First of all, I am very glad you liked my ideas. I can help you with Hero names, classes, Items etc. if you really need help. I believe you shall keep the whole thing here in this thread but if you like to move it, you can! If you move tell us the name of the new thread or add a link, because I am a little lazy to search for it:) Anyway, for any help you may need, feel free to ask me!

Level 2
[email protected] is mine plus I have just decided there will be voiceovers for the cinematics, I have MorphVOX Pro so should be fun. Definately still need ideas though, and that Summary isn't coming along too well I mean I know everything of what I'm going to do, but I can't really explain it, maybe if I do a quick paint drawing to clear things up?

Level 10
Quick Paint Drawing? What do you mean? The summary shall be like this: 1. Name of the map and a little description of what the main theme of the map is about. 2. Classes/Races - how many races and classes there are and what are their relationships (War State/Alliance/Neutral/Old Enemy/Temporary Peace etc.) 3. The Games World - A little about the history of the world your map is set, something about towns or famous NPCs or even about a very special Boss Monster that has been attacking the world for years and people need to kill it. 4. Player's Mission - What shall players do (Kill some specific monster to go on, Defend the "Empire" etc.) 5. Guilds/Factions - Players will be able to choose between some guilds that will give them specific advantages and access to special items or skills. 6. General Information - Well anything else you want!

About Spells and Abilities:
First of all let's start with the classes. If you have fighter and mage classes (or even more) make a class trait that will benefit them. Example: A fighter will start with a passive skill named Weightlifter and a mage with a passive skill named Mental Strength.

Second thing is the racial traits. If you make a map with 2 or more races then you shall all some racial traits. Example: A Human will start with a passive skill named Lord of th Lands (because Humans are most commonly the ones who rule the world in maps) and an Orc with a passive skill named Raider (because Orcs are the ones who try taking over the Empire of Humans) . Elves may have a passive skill about magic such as Elemental Mastery and Dwarves something about War or Trade like Deadly Axe or Jack of All Trades.

You may also make the traits (racial and class) not appear some way (make their buttons somewhere under a button of the panel (under stop, attack or so) so that players will only see them as buffs in their character screen.

You may also make special areas that will be accesed only by a certain guild or race or something like that. And also special areas about classes. A good idea would be making a mini-game that will be different for each race/class/guild and will have differnet rewards based on the character.

After this you must think about the whole skill system. Maybe a spellbook would be good. But if you level your spellbook, all your skills shall be leveling. I think there's a way to make a spellbook get more spells per level or level the spells inside instead of the spellbook (if it is a skill of the character), but i can't help you with this one.

You can also make a class change system that will give players a quest to choose occupation at level 20/30/40/50 and after the level they change their occupation they will be able to learn other skills. Example: A character that is a fighter gets level 20/30/... and gets the quest Fate of Light (to become a Paladin). I f he completes it give him access to new skills. If he completes the quest Shadow of Destiny make him a Shadow Knight. If he completes the quest Shield of Judgement make him a Justice Defender. Classes and quests are up to you.

You can add a skill trainer or so that will teach you some arts and crafts (passive skills that may not appear in the panel but only work as buffs may fit this). Make different trainers for each class. Example: Make fighters able to learn Mining, mages to learn Soul Collecting and also something for each race - Elves will be able to learn Control Magic and Dwarves Blacksmith Arts.

You can create a system for players to choose "Jobs". Example: Someone may become a politician, merchant, guard, mercenary or whatever. All of these "Jobs" will have some passive skills or abilities to use.

All of the above may help you making a unique world and will also be very useful considering the fact that players will be able to experience different ways of fighting, magic or gathering items and gold. That's all I can offer for now. But I can help further if you ask me to. And for more ideas try a real RPG (Lineage II, WoW, DungeonRunners or any other) to see how the whole thing works.

(!) And remember: try not making a very large map (too many MBs i mean) because it won't be appreciated by the players of Battle.net!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.