• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

..::Age of Survival::..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Lol! Make sure you read the tutorials in the quest log (F9 I believe).
I have set the item creation up a little differently than others. You need to have them in the right order, but going vertically down your inventory like so

[1][4]
[2][5]
[3][6]

So to make a fire you would need it like this

[Flint] [2]
[Stone][3]
[Tinder][4]

Not the way you have it. Test it out again, do some surviving and tell me if you like this way better or not. This is why I do the BETA test.

Level 8
Okay,
Well So far, that weirded me out, most don't do it like that but its fine, =]
Umm... everything seems fine I'm only bothered by the fact that The Cinematic can't be skipped.
Also, when I made my place I was attacked by two level 5's, and one level 3, and there was no option for me to pack up my stuff so I could pick them up and run, instead,
Everything I had was destroyed, =/

Also,
one of the islands have a Buncha items on it, That are like "Strength, Attributes, Cancel."
Basically items that deal with your inventory system, if you pick them up you can't drop them.
You might want to get rid of those.

The Warmth Ability on the fire Autocast doesn't work and it seems to only Give 4 mana. =/

All Animals that are Hostile are HARD as HELL.
Even the Level 1's, and none of them seem to attack alone, Fighting a level 1 wolf was okay.
Here comes a level 3 Spider, The hell.

Survival is hard on your own, let me correct that impossible, The animals are way too tough. Health, hard to get, it doesn't regen, don't get a little bit from eating meat, Just all together hard.

Heres some things that bother me.
A Dirt Pile in water. [Trust me I didn't put it there.]
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/Darkenneko_003/Wc3 Images/DirtPileinWater.jpg

This recipe didn't work
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/Darkenneko_003/Wc3 Images/Thisdidntwork.jpg

This one either. But I Did get farther
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/Darkenneko_003/Wc3 Images/Thisdidnteither.jpg

I was playing multiplayer with my brother, he started to lag as he doesn't have a good,
of computer as myself, but he showed me this screenshot, and I Show, very much... Worry.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/Darkenneko_003/Wc3 Images/ThisKindaCausesLag.jpg

Might wanna look at this stuff.

Level 6
First of all, thanks for doing some testing.

The items like "strength, agility, cancel, etc." are the menu interface. I kinda hurridly moved it when I was shrinking the map for the BETA (its actually a lot bigger) so I'll fix that.

As for the animals, I made it purposley hard. It is supposed to be made for like 3-4 people ON A TEAM. But if is getting too hard, I'll see about adding a single-player check to weaken the enemies. Also, the islands are split up to be harder as you move along. You can't just go to through the island's at level one. You need to level up and then move along. Also, getting a weapon is a good idea.

The dirt pile in the water does look bad. But for some reason, things sometimes spawn in the water. They shouldn't. The un-walkable pathing of water should restrict that but I think if you create an item via a trigger, it ignores pathing. I don't know, I can't seem to figure it out.

Those recipies. I just realized that I forgot to add the wolf pelt as a type of pelt you could use to make something. I'll fix that. And as for the whole water thing. My bad. That was a stupid mistake, and I'll add some checks to make sure that not too many items are spawned.

Thanks again for doing some testing!

Level 8
As for the animals, I made it purposley hard. It is supposed to be made for like 3-4 people ON A TEAM. But if is getting too hard, I'll see about adding a single-player check to weaken the enemies. Also, the islands are split up to be harder as you move along. You can't just go to through the island's at level one. You need to level up and then move along. Also, getting a weapon is a good idea.

The Getting attacked by a Level 1 Wolf and a level 3 spider, Yea,
That was on my First Island, the one with the boat, within, strictly, 3 seconds from the boat.
=/

Anyways, I understand,
I'm glad I waited for this and I can't wait to see this, well, not buggy? xD
Its a first release I knew this was going to happen, =]
Keep up the amazing work.

Level 6
Yeah, as for the animals, I forgot to make sure that the animals stay in the right area. So I fixed that too. I'll release a better version hopefully today.

Alright, I uploaded the new, less buggy BETA. I didn't rename it, so yeah. The new one is on the front post. Here is some of the things I fixed

------------------------------------
- Added water (item) spawn checks
- Increased item spawning time
- Hostiles don't leave leveled area
- Health gain from meat
- Added "Pack up" ability
- Can now skip the opening
------------------------------------

Hope that pleases you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
1. The Warmth Auto Cast doesn't work.
2. Burnt Meat, its annoying, it doesn't do anything besides remove hunger, give it some kinda use, like a crappy fuel for the fire, =P
3. The Experience in the Multiboard is always in the 90's
4. If I Put Raw meat in slot 2, and cook, It doesn't disappear, I Put the cooked or burnt meat into inventory and just cook again, raw meat never disappears

Now a Biggie,
Eating and Heating are a DAMN Hassle. I Mean as humans we could go quite a while without eating, by the first night the troll is starving to death, and whats worse if I'm at full life I can't damn eat?
Heating is a pain, Since the Auto cast doesn't work, I Have to Manually Click on it.
I get like 5 energy and in a second he loses one, thats a pain, I Spend quite a few minutes, just sitting there trying warm my guy up.

Besides that I've been having fun, =]
-Calvin

Level 6
Oh, sorry, I forgot to address the whole auto-heat thing. I'll get on that.
Burnt meat? I don't think I'll change that, its meant to be kinda dumb and hurt you. Also, I'll do some balancing on the eating thing.

Level 8
Awesome,
What about number 3 and 4?
3 is not really important, but number 4 is a major exploit,
Endless meat! [Which is really needed because its hard enough between energy and hunger.]

Another thing I Found,
When Fueling the fire, If you use more than one Log, or something, its the same as if you used one,
Which is kinda a waste of log, =/ So I'd suggest making it give more to the fire, Or Make it a note somewhere. =]

EDIT
An Idea,
If you Build your fire up to Max Mana, It will become a Like Bigger fire? A Bon Fire even, and have more Capacity of Mana,
But of course if you pack it up, it just becomes a normal fire Starting kit, but that would be cool. =]

Last edited:
Level 6
I tested out that endless meat thing to see the problem, but when ever I did it was just making burnt meat. I guess you don't really need burnt meat but I was never able to get cooked meat.
As for the experience. I havn't balanced it yet.
And the logs. I also found that. That's an easy one to fix, so I'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.