• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aeon of Strife,Sample Map

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi everyone! :)
This is the first map I try to upload on the "Maps" section of the forum.
It's a very basic map, with just the essential you need to know about making
a AoS map (or DotA-Like).
I know the terrain is bad and there aren't any new cool models to show,but
if you're not very familiar with how the Warcraft III World Editor GUI can work
or simply too lazy to think about how you could make a DotA map,I'm the right
guy and this is the right place! ;)

WHAT TO DO WITH THIS MAP?
Open it with World Editor and then open the Triggers.
You'll find an introduction + instructions on every single thing I did.
If you want to make your own "Simplest AoS ever made", just re-edit the terrain
and give the regions other positions, along with units.
And if you want to modify how the game works,you'll have to wait for another map
I'm making,it's called "Advanced Warfare: AoS" (not on the map development forum,sorry :p ) , and he'll have awesome terrain,awesome (and also new) mechanics,custom models, and the tutorial for making a map like that!
Which will be as detailed as this one :3

So...
FEATURES:

-Bad Terrain
-Detailed Triggers Tutorial
-No real modify on the game units and abilities
-You can use it to make your DotA game!

Of course,all the tutorial part is in the map,so hope you download ^_^
And maybe...give me Rep? Thanks! :)
Bye!

(Moderators,if this map can't get uploaded for some reason,please tell me)

Keywords:
AoS, DotA-Like, Sample, Tutorial,
Contents

Aeon of Strife,Sample Map (Map)

Reviews
15:52, 12th Oct 2014 Orcnet: Better for a tutorial
Level 21
So basically you just created a very simple start for an AoS which is not enough for an approval. What I see is unique-tiled terrain, only trees and the same old units without any difference. If this map was to be acceptable, it had to have some heroes with skills, not a humble Officer hero with 0 skills, plus some new items and a decent terrain. With that being done, the map could have a chance to get approved but for now, I'll have to vote for rejection.

Level 4
Actually the map is just a tutorial, a sample...
Oh well,if you REALLY can't stand to that I'll modify the terrain and the items,
but this map wasn't done for the gameplay,but for making map makers understand the mechanics in it. Have you tried opening it with the editor and read the trigger comments and such?

Level 21
Actually the map is just a tutorial, a sample...
Oh well,if you REALLY can't stand to that I'll modify the terrain and the items,
but this map wasn't done for the gameplay,but for making map makers understand the mechanics in it. Have you tried opening it with the editor and read the trigger comments and such?

Yes, I checked out the triggers and if you meant to create a tutorial, then you shouldn't have uploaded a map here but a written tutorial here