• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Aeon Legends - Hero Design Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
198037-albums3974-picture39494.jpg

I am making a highly advanced AoS-style mod that utilizes a variety of custom systems built specifically for this map that allow me to manipulate gameplay in nearly every way imaginable. The problem is I can't think of unique ways to use these systems ^-^

I would like 10-15 heroes designed for the BETA release, right now I have coded two of them (I have detailed them below), if anybody has an idea for a hero that they have always wanted to see put into an AoS then I could really use your character concept. Just fill out the form below and post it. I will balance out damage and mana cost myself.

Available Systems

Custom Missile (all missiles can be turned, slowed, hastened, reflected, destroyed, etc.)

Custom Damage (all damage is coded, this includes all spell AND melee damage. You can refer to damage done or impair an enemies ability to do damage, etc.)

Custom Aura (all aura bonuses are coded and therefore can be increased, decreased, or taken away at any time)

Custom MIE (all movement impairing effects are coded (including stun, slow, and sleep) and therefore can be taken away, elongated, or shortened at any time)

Team System (team members hero portraits are displayed on the left so you can view their health and mana. Don't know why you would need this one to make a hero, but just thought i'd put it in)

Custom Stats (the following stats can be manipulated however you like)

- Magic (increases damage done by abilities)
- Magic Defense (decreases damage taken from abilities)
- Magic Critical (% chance to deal 1.5x damage when casting abilities)
- MP5 (mana regained every 5 seconds (on top of normal regeneration))
- Melee Critical (% chance to deal bonus damage on attack)
- Melee Critical Bonus (% bonus when a melee critical is dealt)
- Evasion (% chance to evade incoming melee attacks and missiles)

- Damage (Increases damage dealt from melee attacks)
- Armor (Decreases damage taken from melee attacks)
- Str/Agi/Int (Basic hero stats, Agility doesn't give attack speed)
- MS (increases rate of movement)
- AS (increases melee attack rate, only works with fixed amounts, no percentage bonuses)
- Max Health/Max Mana (you can increase/decrease in whatever way you want)

Concept Form

Proper Name:
Class Name:
Role:
Type:
Description:

Icon Link:
Model Link:

Ability 1 Description:
Ability 1 Effect:

Ability 2 Description:
Ability 2 Effect:

Ability 3 Description:
Ability 3 Effect:

Ability 4 Description:
Ability 4 Effect:

I haven't been here long, but so far I have seen Hive to be an extremely helpful and active community. Anybody who would like to help out and submit a concept is more than welcome (you needn't fill out all the information). Thank you ahead of time for any ideas you might come up with in helping the development of this mod.

I have all the systems done for this map, once I have coded all the heroes I will create the terrain and then put up a test version. ETA is approximately 1-2 weeks

Level 14
Proper Name: Neltharaku
Class Name: Nether Seeker
Role: Slow/Dpser
Type: Early-mid roamer.
Description:

Icon Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnnerubicon-156369/
Model Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nether-mage-155065/?prev=mmr=6

Spectral Presence
Offensive Aura
Description: Neltharaku has spent an eternity roaming the expansive Nether, this exposure to dark magic has caused his body to attract excess energy.
Effect: All mana used by enemy heroes within the area is transfered to Neltharaku. He only keeps this excess mana for 5 seconds. Any energy gained that exceeds his mana limit is lost.

Extrasensory
Defensive/Mobility
Description: Neltharaku can transform his particles into nothing, allowing him to both avoid incoming attacks and blink away at a moments notice.
Effect: X% chance to block an attack, only active while the spell is off cooldown. Also can be used as a blink while off cooldown.
Very short CD, something like 7 second at max, but costs a good amount of mana, 110-120.

Ability 3 Description:
Ability 3 Effect:

Ability 4 Description:
Ability 4 Effect:

Well, I'll try to update this later with an AoE shadow strike like ability. Basically just needs a lot more dps now. I hope you can make something of my horrible presentation!

Level 9
wow ur creating Aos too..
later ima gv u hero ideas now im kinda busy

btw i wana ask u,will ppl stil play aos map online?
im scared no one will play AoS map online
im even making one..

GL on the map

Last edited:
Level 15
But in this case I agree with Wolfe, this especially so since crit is an inbuilt mechanic in this game. ie what you have is effectively an attribute bonus.

All auto-attack damage in my mod is coded, thus melee critical strike is also coded. The actual critical strike ability in Warcraft 3 has many problems that make it very innacurate (it rounds its percentages off to the nearest 5% so 12% actually becomes 10% and on top of that it actually slowly adds to the chance that a crit will occur on each attack until one occurs, ensuring that you cannot go a very long time without getting one).

I am ofcourse open to change all my hero concepts. What I was going for here was an auto-attack focused hero. The aura and ult passive improve her auto attack while the arrow storm and soul arrow give her some minor farming capabilities early-game. End-game she would stun an enemy hero with the arrow and then take him down with auto-attacks.

Thanks for your comments ^-^

Level 23
All auto-attack damage in my mod is coded, thus melee critical strike is also coded. The actual critical strike ability in Warcraft 3 has many problems that make it very innacurate (it rounds its percentages off to the nearest 5% so 12% actually becomes 10% and on top of that it actually slowly adds to the chance that a crit will occur on each attack until one occurs, ensuring that you cannot go a very long time without getting one).

I am ofcourse open to change all my hero concepts. What I was going for here was an auto-attack focused hero. The aura and ult passive improve her auto attack while the arrow storm and soul arrow give her some minor farming capabilities early-game. End-game she would stun an enemy hero with the arrow and then take him down with auto-attacks.

I know that, what I was saying is that since Crit is integral in your game having a +crit passive is effectively what attribute bonus is on normal settings.

If you changed it to active burst (a large%) of critical chance then it changes entirely not because its active but because it gives a certain strategic depth. Not a great one but still better than "blargh crit"

Level 15
If you changed it to active burst (a large%) of critical chance then it changes entirely not because its active but because it gives a certain strategic depth. Not a great one but still better than "blargh crit"

Good point. I'm not entirely satisfied with this hero and I will likely change her, it just happens to be one of the ones I have finished.

Level 5
Proper Name: H'taed
Class Name: Shadow Gholym
Role: Crowd Control/Disorienter
Type: Shadow
Description: In the final stages of the War of (War name here), magical constructs called "Gholyms" were created by both sides in order to end this decades-old conflict. The innovation and destruction the Gholyms wrought steadily improved as the war reached its climax. The last Gholyms to be produced were the SHadow Gholyms, feared monstrosities that destroyed anything that touched light. Historians argue over the significance of this creation, but many conclude that it was the creation of the Shadow Gholyms which led to the Treaty of (Treaty name here). The Shadow Gholyms were encased far below the earth, where light could not reach them. Unfortunately, these Gholyms were clever enough to escape...

Model Link (H'taed):http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/shadow-golem-48261/?prev=search%3Dshadow%2520golem%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Model Link (Shadow Spawn):http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/shadow-spawn-104177/?prev=search%3Dshadow%2520golem%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Icon Link (Both):http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnshadowspawm-114365/?prev=search%3Dshadow%2520golem%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Ability 1: Shadow's Curse
Offensive Aura
Description: H'taed manipulates the shadows of his foes around him. They are slightly slowed and receive small, periodic, random damage. At higher levels the damage, slow, and mana cost increases exponentially.

Ability 2: Shadow Strike
Offensive Skill
Description: H'taed dissolves his body and takes over the Shadow of a target. The Shadow cannot be harmed, and deals X% of H'taed's damage in an area around the target. Any damage not done by H'taed to the target foe deals Y% to H'taed. After the duration is over, H'taed returns to where he last was.

Ability 3: Culling Vortex
Crowd Control
Description: Draw in all nearby foes around the target area. They become shrouded in shadow, increasing their evasion for the duration of the skill.

Ability 4: Cry of the Shadow Gholym
Summon
Description: Puts all of H'taed's skills on cooldown. Summon Shadow Spawn from nearby enemies' shadows. If X Shadow Spawns are within proximity of each other, they summon another, weaker Shadow Gholym. While this is active, in order to kill H'taed, both Shadow Gholyms must be killed.

You might want to make H'taed a Strength hero with moderately high agility but low to extremely intelligence and intelligence growth.

Level 15
It seems to me that somebody's in a real superiority-feeling mood.
''Highly-advanced'', dude, work on your ego

I wrote "highly-advanced" because I have put alot of hard work into coding many systems from scratch specifically for this map in order to allow it to exceed the capabilities of other AoS-style maps. I did not have the intention of sounding egomaniacle at all, i'm sorry if it came out that way.

I find it ironic that you quoted that specific post. The definition of a 'troll' is someone who goes around forums and tries to start arguments, which seems to be the only real purpose of your post.

Level 10
I find it ironic that you quoted that specific post. The definition of a 'troll' is someone who goes around forums and tries to start arguments, which seems to be the only real purpose of your post.

I quoted that post because you understood it wrong, he wasn't meaning to start a fight, he simply asked a question, maybe he wanted to find out more about your project

Status
Not open for further replies.