• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Terraining Tutorial

Level 1
As of Patch 1.30, is there any way to edit the MiscData.txt file to have steep cliffs? Simply creating a new UI file does not work anymore.

EDIT : Found a solution. Try to make this folder instead : war3.mpq\UI\miscdata.txt

Last edited:
Level 4
I have a question. When I go into jassnewgen, it asks me to choose my warcraft 3 directory. When I choose the folder, it says=

"Could not find Warcraft 3"

I'm on 1.29.2 btw

I have a question. When I go into jassnewgen, it asks me to choose my warcraft 3 directory. When I choose the folder, it says=

"Could not find Warcraft 3"

I'm on 1.29.2 btw
I suggest opening a new thread in the general forum about this, but my educated guess is that jassnewgen is outdated and doesn't work with the newer version of Warcraft 3. Ask around for alternate editors, if any exist, that you can use.

EDIT: after some snooping around, I found this: SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle
If that doesn't work, here's the final version of jassnewgen: Jass NewGen Pack [Official] (I don't think there will be any difference from the wc3c version, but who knows...)
Give it a try and good luck! :3