1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Advanced Arrow Key Movement System v1.2.0

Submitted by Element of Water
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Requires:
JassNewGenPack for vJass

For more information on features, known bugs and how to use/implement, see the 'Documentation' trigger in the map.

Changelog
v1.0.1
-Updated the KeyDetection system to work for more than 1 player.
v1.0.4
-Now supports different pathing types.
-Animation speed changes so the unit appears to be going fast/slow/backwards.
v1.0.5
-Not really a proper update, just added a list of some movement animation indexes for convenience.
v1.1.0
-No more wacky camera motion when turning left!
-Fixed a bug that caused unit to move through trees when destroy stuff is false
-Added a "use physics" boolean option which can disable accelleration/friction
v1.1.5
-Made the use physics option work better.
-Now definitely fixed the bug which caused units to move through trees when destroy stuff is false
-Improved the test map
-Cleaned the code/made it easier to read
v1.1.7
-Units can now be issued orders while being controlled
-Improved the test map even more - can now test every feature without editing map
-When stopping / restarting movement, no longer doesn't work right
-Improved collisions somewhat
v1.2.0
-Can collide with units and run them over now!
-Improved the test map again - some units to kill

Keywords:
Arrow Key Movement, Keyboard, Movement, Key, Tank, Destruction, System
Contents

Advanced Arrow Key Movement System (Map)

Reviews
08:09, 28th Oct 2015 This resource has been Rejected by BPower. Criticism: I can't see a development of the thread since 2008. Please re-submit it, if you wish to work again on the flaws of your system. 22 Oct 2011 Bribe: This has a bug...
  1. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I could do that I suppose... but not right now....

And about the bugs - that replay doesn't work because I don't have the test map - need to send me that too to make it work

2. bboy-tiger-

bboy-tiger-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you make an example to work like TcX movement ? left=left, down=down, Right=right, etc. ?? I need it.

3. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I know what you mean. Mario suggested it already. But I dunno if I can be bothered to do it after all the effort I already put into it...

4. bboy-tiger-

bboy-tiger-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, tnx anyway, i'll try to do it by myself.
    Btw, good movement system you got there.

5. Acvong

Acvong

Resources:
    Resources:
    When i set the speed to something like -speed 1 it starts teleporting me everywhere but still great system (very fun lol)

6. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    speed 1 starts teleporting you everywhere??? I'd have thought that would have been more like speed 50...

7. Dethadow

Dethadow

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Very cool... I just found one serious bug......When you right click where you want to go... It all gets messed up

8. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's not possible to solve except for disabling right-click orders... and anyway, if you're not moving and you right-click somewhere it works alright.

9. Royy

Royy

Resources:
    Resources:
    AMAZING! System, i love it. I found two bugs though, if you haven't noticed:
    1. When moving extremely fast gates don't get destroyed
    2. After bumping a couple units the siege tanks facing point was messed up
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]

10. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    1. Increase the FPS to avoid that. Increasing the FPS might make it laggy though...
    2. I know about that. You should set the unit's acquisition range in the editor to 0 to avoid that happening.

11. LordPicolo

LordPicolo

Resources:
    Resources:
  12. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Oh sorry, you're using that GUI template I put on the map aren't you? That thing doesn't work right since the last time i updated it. If you can't work it out from my JASS explanation, just post back and I'll fix the GUI template.

13. LordPicolo

LordPicolo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i tried but i never jassed before and i keep geting a "Function Redeclared" error with the statarrowcontrol.I dont know why and i dont know how to fix it either so it will help me alot if you fix the GUI template.

14. maskedpoptart

maskedpoptart

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey EOW, nice system you got here. I made something like this recently, but never posted it. I have some suggestions for you, though I know you may not be willing to act on them since you made this a year ago.

I assume you know how real cars drive. When you turn the steering wheel to the left, and the car is not moving, the whole car does not turn to the left: only the wheels do. I know it is impossible to change the facing of just the wheels, but you should take into account that the greater the speed of the car, the faster it goes through its turn. If the speed is 0, the car does not turn until the car starts moving. etc. etc.

When the car goes in reverse, the left and right arrow keys should have the opposite effect. This again has to do with how the steering wheel changes the facing of the wheels. Look at this game if you don't know what I mean: http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/driversed.shtml#

As far as collisions go, you should not have to turn the FPS way up to make sure the car collides. Using the car's velocity, current x, and current y, you can draw a virtual line segment from the car's current position to its position one frame later. You can then calculate if an object intersects this line segment. PM if you want more info about how to do this.

15. Hobbit_baron

Hobbit_baron

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's really awesome, better than others, but))) when i set speed to 10, the tank has ridden on the wall that is twice higher the road))) lol)) anyway 10/10 great work!

16. Hobbit_baron

Hobbit_baron

Resources:
    Resources:
    and another thing, when i get to the blue allies, the system crashes: all works properly-camera moves,rotates, but tank is frozen in one position and doesn't rotate, it just moves without rotation(((!

17. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @ Maskedpoptart

I made this a year ago. I'm a much better vJasser now. I guess I could do these things, but... I can't be bothered. Feel free to make them yourself and I'll update it with your new map and give you credit.

BTW, the virtual line thing - I had a thought about that a while ago, but you couldn't do it perfectly accurately - the more accurate you did it, the more laggy the system could become.

18. propotato

propotato

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It doesn't work for me when i copy on my map.... and when I change one thing on your map map crash too. I have errors like Lordpicolos

19. du97

du97

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you to a wall you get teleported to everywhere in map...:hohum:

20. RazorbladeRay

RazorbladeRay

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I must say I'm surprised, but not in a good way. This isn't what I expected to see. I think with your skill you should make a system that allows attacking from units. Not siege engines. I'm sorry but this is a 0/10. :thumbs_down: