• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Advance Wars Based Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hi everyone !
I am a fan of the Advance Wars series on Gameboy. Once I couldn't play the last opus I decided to create an Advance-Wars map on Warcraft. First and main question I had in mind was 'Do I have to make a turn-per-turn based map ?'. Unfortunately I decided to avoid this kind of gameplay, in my mind it would be an over-use of WE's resources. The map general theme is not modern-warfare, I decided to limit the number of imported models. Moreover I focused my work on map atmosphere.

So here are the aspects I kept:
• Generals (Same system than AW) – Difference: Heroes have 3 levels (so three abilities)
• Mana is gained by killing enemy units (Only generals have mana)
• Counter based: Every type of unit has a custom armor and damage type with high weakness/strongness
• Naval/Ground battles for now, I wonder if I add Air Units
• Capture System such as AW
• An income timer based on Days
• A repair/heal system based on Days
• A training system such as AW (Each training building can summon one unit and then have to wait x seconds before training another)
• Buildings increases armor of nearby units
• Units ranking system such as AW
• A slow-paced gameplay to recall the turn-per-turn (Units have slow attack/movement speed, low hit points, average damages)
• A Headquarter submission system such as AW

The map will be soon in beta stage (I have to complete Hero's abilities).

The map also features:
• Among 13 units to train
• Among 5 generals to choose from
• 5 building types
• And advanced training system
• A color-choice system
• An advanced help system
infopannel.png

This is a small and quick project and I except people will understand that :) If you want to see something appears in this map feel free to tell me what.

The main aim with this map was to create a easily repeatable system that can be copy/paste on other terrains as I can make several maps and update it frequently. So I can also increase number of players (that is currently set to 4).

mapoverall.png

chooseyourgen.png

pregamem.png

dayoneb.png

capturing.png

Unfortunately I don't have battle screenshots yet, I just couldn't test this map enough.

I also need some things:

Should I include air units ? (There probably will be only Transport/Light Combat)
If someone can fix my english spell missing, vocabulary errors, sentences weird formations etc... it would be very glad to him :)
How's the terrain ? The general atmosphere ? Have I to work on it again ?
I also need some beta tester, if you are interested in just pm me !
EDIT: I also need a name ! uhuh

If you think I forgot or I should add something please tell me :)

Hope to read you =D
Goffterdom

Status
Not open for further replies.