• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding to units Max Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How would I add to a unit/heroes max life (max amount of HP a unit can heal up to/have)?

Would this change its max life or would it just add to the HP lost:

• BloodStalk
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Blood Stalk ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set U_BloodStalker = (Attacking unit)
      • Unit - Set life of U_BloodStalker to ((Max life of U_BloodStalker) + 5.00)
This is an ability where if the unit kills, it gains max life of 5HP.
Is this right or how must it be done?

Thank you!

Level 19
2 ways - Give him life increasing ability (that pendant of vitality uses)
or there should be a max hp changer system in wc3jass.com

2 ways - Give him life increasing ability (that pendant of vitality uses)
or there should be a max hp changer system in wc3jass.com
3 ways
If it's a hero give him a "health tome" item(? the book with panda on cover) with modified ability to +5 hp each time your hero kill an enemy units.Or if it's a unit give him inventory ability....

Level 8
  • More HP
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Killing unit) Equal to Hero
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Manual of Health at (Position of Hero)
      • Hero - Order Hero to use (Last created item)
Is the trigger. In this case Hero is a variable (unit variable) you can make it what ever you want.

Manual of Health is a custom (copy_ item you will have to make. Actually you will have to customize two things - assuming you are using the default manual of health elsewhere in your game.

The Default HP gain of the Manual of Health is 50 HP - you will have to go to the item editor. I would suggest copying and pasting the manual health making a custom version, and you will have to make a custom Item Ability. The title is: Item Permanent Life Gain +50.
Copy and paste that ability, change Data - Max life gained from 50 to 5

Why create and use - because giving a manual does not cause the hero/unit to use it all the time. I have used variations of:
  • Hero - Create Manual of Health and give it to (Triggering unit)
And the hero unit has walked on leaving behind the tome. I have found that create and use is always successful at giving the unit the power up.

As pointed out you will need to give the inventory ability to a non-hero unit. I would suggest making a copy of that and removing its techtree requirement (Backpack Human - learned via halls). Unless you still want it to be a learn able ability.

Why copies? I have discovered that as I progress on making maps that I get ideas later into the map and often use the default unit/item/ability for other things.

In this case, you may desire to have your hero get more HP the higher level s/he is, this way you can make several customized Manuals of Health, one that gives 5 Hp, one that gives 10, one that gives 25 and one that gives 50.

Mind you can use other power ups, intelligence, Strength and Agility along with experience (level up) in a similar manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.