• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life Drain Bug (bonus life)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
When Life Drain is used with bonus life (means life goes above max) and the unit dies, when it is revived, it has the maximum bonus multiplier (in this case 60k hp instead of 340 hp).

I've tried removing buffs, setting widget life to UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE (max life actually changes to the 60k or w/e, the bonus), setting widget life to 1, and so on and have yet to figure out how to fix this... or even detect it >.>.

So any ideas? I even tried using timers and the buff just isn't on the unit until it is damaged. I can't use damage as that could potentially fire off a bundle of stuff with DDS.

The ability is unknown, the buff is unknown, the bonus amount is unknown, the original amount is unknown.

I'm clueless as to how to solve this as it appears to be 100% undetectable.

Level 31
ReviveHero, does it matter? : \

Actually, when it's hit, it gets the buff (can't be removed), and it becomes 100% immortal. When things hit it, the damage doesn't register at all but negative buffs are applied. Also it's UI changes to show it's regular max life, but it's max life is still what it was before. It's actually 500k+ in this case, my bad. I tried removing the specific buffs, but it says the unit doesn't even have them. It's max unit life permanently changed.

All I do is drain life, die, and revive, and boom the bug.

edit
The unit's life also starts to flash after I use it. It flashes between 340 hp max and 500000 hp max. The second one also shows the buff, the first one does not.

Life drain bonus is seriously screwed up ; P.

Level 31
Just with regular units. I just attack units.

I open with using Life drain to kill one, then tank for a very short while (only up to like 450 hp max cuz of all the units), then I die, then I rez after 3 seconds.

It's in a hero line wars map, one of the heroes has life drain with bonus hp enabled, and when I saw him go immortal mode in a game, I was like WTF =p.

Spent like all day trying to fix it.

Level 22
I can't seem to reproduce the bug. I had it setup using the info you provided but it doesn't get any buffs after it gets resurrected and when attacked.

Level 31
here is the map

pick Death Knight in upper left corner, learn Life Drain, then run up to the archers and drain life one, then fight to death and watch what happens.

This map also has a really cool sending system. If you want, you can put some computers on the other teams, give yourself tons of gold, lower barbed arachnid cooldown to 0 seconds and up its move speed to 522, then you can mass send and see what happens :).

Attachments

• Hero Line wars Deluxe 6.4.2.w3x
    285 KB · Views: 32
Level 22
It's not a problem with the Life Drain, I died without using the Life Drain and the bug still occurred. I even tried using other heroes and it still happened.

I had encountered this bug with the Item Life Bonus way back when I was testing Blade.dk's UnitStateModifier script, the predecessor of Unit Properties I believe. I tried reproducing it just now and it still exist, so I think it's the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.