• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life Drain - Over Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
So.... how would I go about doing this. I've searched all over ;D.

Have the gameplay constants set to true.
Have the decay time at 45 and the bonus at 1 (1:1).

Tested by hitting a unit with 1000 life drain where my unit had max health and well, when the life drain ended, my unit still had max health ; P.

How do I get that over drain working? Have really cool ideas for it, tx ^)^.

And no, I can't just add bonus hp and so on as that'll screw up % hp regeneration and degeneration pretty badly ;P.

edit
Does it not work anymore?

Level 22
Have you tried the Game Data Set: Custom? it's on the Map Options menu. I always set it to custom to make the siphon mana work on allies(like the tft melee ability).

Level 22
It's working for me, have you tried modifying the Bonus Life Decay and Bonus Life Factor for the drain ability?

Here's my settings:

Bonus Life Decay: 20.00
Bonus Life Factor: 1.00

Level 22
You want the test map?

EDIT: Attached the test map, The ability is on the footman, the ability is Life Drain [Neutral Hostile] [ACdr], I've also changed the Gameplay Constant field Drain Gives Bonus Life and the other settings mentioned above.

Attachments

• Life Drain Test.w3x
    20.9 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.